Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 Phone App Crashed After Update
1476 14 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Yesterbday, I updated the DJI GO 4 (Phone App) to v4.3.4 and today the app crashed, just shut down, mid-flight.  This has NEVER happened before.

I was able to hit RTH and the AC came back - but it was not a pleasant experiece.

Has this happned to anyone else?  Was this a one-time "gremlin" type crash or should I tanlk the update and go back to the previous version?  What is the best way to do that?

Phone SPECS:
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge -  SM-N915A - Android Version 5.1.1 - Android Patch Level 2016-05-01
Processor Speed, Type 2.7 GHz Quad-Core ProcessorGHz

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of your Note edge to the latest Android version? If the issue persists, I suggest you try using different device that is compatible to the Mavic Air. Kindly check the listed compatible device for reference. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

2018-11-18
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-18 14:21
Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please try to update the firmware of your Note edge to the latest Android version? If the issue persists, I suggest you try using different device that is compatible to the Mavic Air. Kindly check the listed compatible device for reference. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

[view_image]

This IS the latest version - "Current software us up to date"

It also meets the requirements for the GO 4 update so, I'm wondering -- why did you ask that?

Is that just the DJI-scripted first response?

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bluehook Posted at 11-18 14:31

It also meets the requirements for the GO 4 update so, I'm wondering -- why did you ask that?

Hi, I understand that this might work before. However, It is not yet tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed so there's a possibility that you can't use all the features and functionality of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Bluehook Posted at 11-18 14:31

yes that's their standard post pretty much.
There will be some kewl members coming soon that will help you if you post your log for them to analyze it for you.
2018-11-18
Use props
djiuser_welHle7bt3Oa
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-18 14:21

[view_image]

Hello Natalia, do you know when Google Pixel 3 will be compatible with DJI App ?
2018-11-18
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-18 15:01
Hi, I understand that this might work before. However, It is not yet tested by DJI, the compatibility and performance are unable to be guaranteed so there's a possibility that you can't use all the features and functionality of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our software in terms of phone compatibility. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

Can you explain the best way for me to downgrade back to the previous version of GO 4?

Thank you.
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_welHle7bt3Oa Posted at 11-18 15:42
Hello Natalia, do you know when Google Pixel 3 will be compatible with DJI App ?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the moment, we still don't have the exact date on when we will release the new firmware for the app. Please stay tuned to our website for a further update. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moto here is if things are working ok don't update anything. If I had a pound for every post I have read about issues after updating I would be very rich.

A wise man once said If it aint broke don't fix it
2018-11-19
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-19 11:16
Moto here is if things are working ok don't update anything. If I had a pound for every post I have read about issues after updating I would be very rich.

A wise man once said If it aint broke don't fix it

I guess @DJI Natalia is gonna keep me guessing -- do you know the best protocol for me to down-grade to the previous version?

Thanks.

PS - if it ain't broken, don't break it!
2018-11-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bluehook Posted at 11-19 12:34
I guess @DJI Natalia is gonna keep me guessing -- do you know the best protocol for me to down-grade to the previous version?

Thanks.

I like you moto. I am afraid I don't know how to downgrade from the update
2018-11-19
Use props
AllenT4546
lvl.1
United States

I updated to the latest version app and now it won't work. I would also like to downgrade to the previous version. Any help?
2018-11-20
Use props
Vofas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

AllenT4546 Posted at 11-20 14:52
I updated to the latest version app and now it won't work. I would also like to downgrade to the previous version. Any help?

Hi!  I rolled back to the old version of Go4 4.2.14. Found it here.
2018-11-20
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Thanks @Vofas for that link.

Also, FYI - Litchi is on sale right now at the Google Play Store for $15.99

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ryuthere.visionplus

2018-11-23
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
United States

Today, I DOWNgraded to DJI GO4 v4.2.21.  I tested with one short flight so far with NO app shut-down (I'm hesitant to use the word "crash" but that's exactly what the app would do).  

The app would shut-down every time using v4.3.4 -- and this is not scientific, just an observation but v4.2.21 (the downgrade) just *feels* more stable.  I'll keep testing using v4.2.21 and if I have another app shut-down I will report back.  If not, I won't.  So to future readers, no news is good news.

2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules