Blinking video while recording
6385 31 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

Good day.

In need help in fixing this. I will be travelling at the end of this month.

I just got my mavic 2 pro and flew and recorde video. No matter what quality of the video.
The result is, there is a blinking/flashing on the video recorded. It had with both LG G6 and iPad Air 2.

Please see  video. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k39u4dafxmv76b/DJI_0039.MP4?dl=0

Roderick
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Roderick, sorry for the trouble caused during shooting, the screen flicker problem may be caused by camera settings, please select the proper Anti-Flicker (50hz or 60hz) when setting ISO to Auto.
When using S or M mode, it is recommended to set the Shutter to 1/100S, 1/50S, 1/25S in 50hz, 1/120S, 1/60S, 1/30S in 60hz, please have a try and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

2018-11-19
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

I was on the P Mode and the camera was on Auto. It is not a flicker. It is more of a blinking or flashing.
2018-11-20
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

Does look like a problem to me. Not regular flicker. Hope it didn't get wet in those conditions. That could've caused an issue. Whether that's the case or not, I'd return to retailer or DJI, wherever it was purchased, if within the window or start a support ticket. You might try the typical reset everything and refresh firmware thing, but I wonder how often that would fix any problem. If it did get any random moisture at that moment, perhaps letting it dry out more would resolve the issue.
Just some random advice. Good luck. I would say most people don't have issues and you may have just been unlucky to get a problem unit.
2018-11-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Toting Posted at 11-20 06:00
I was on the P Mode and the camera was on Auto. It is not a flicker. It is more of a blinking or flashing.

You've downloaded that file from aircraft sd card and re-rendered ?

The file detail on download from dropbox shows a file with unusual framerate of 28.95 fps.

That flashing is very unusual, my first instinct suggests a faulty camera or ribbon cable.

A firmware refresh/factory reset, along with camera settings reset might resolve something, but that looks more like a hardware problem to me.
2018-11-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I had some unusual results last week with my Zoom.  Looked somewhat similar and I was disturbed.  But I think what it turned out to be were the "copies" on my Tab's sd-card and not in the originals on the drone's sd-card.  Not sure.  If I get a chance I will post.  I need a place to stash them with a link.
2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 11-20 06:31

The file detail on download from dropbox shows a file with unusual framerate of 28.95 fps.

No re rendering. Download directly from the microSD card. I will test it again and reinstall DJI Go 4. The DJI app should be by drone series type but all in one. Shifting from Apple OS to Android OS is not seamless.
2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

ff22 Posted at 11-20 07:13
I had some unusual results last week with my Zoom.  Looked somewhat similar and I was disturbed.  But I think what it turned out to be were the "copies" on my Tab's sd-card and not in the originals on the drone's sd-card.  Not sure.  If I get a chance I will post.  I need a place to stash them with a link.

These are not from my phone. It is from the microSD card. and not video processing.
2018-11-20
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

That is bizarre behavior, there is no way it is a camera setting. I'm with Aardvark, faulty camera or ribbon cable, there is a loose connection/short somewhere.
2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

Zatx Posted at 11-20 12:38
That is bizarre behavior, there is no way it is a camera setting. I'm with Aardvark, faulty camera or ribbon cable, there is a loose connection/short somewhere.

The sad part is, I bought the mavic 2 pro a few weeks and this what I got. I bought for my vacation to Asia and I will be travelling next week. I have dji refresh, but because of DJI rigid policy and less than stellar customer service, I will not be able to get it back for my vacation. I was pumped for this but it came crashing.

2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 11-20 06:31

The file detail on download from dropbox shows a file with unusual framerate of 28.95 fps.

I did all of that.

The sad part is, I bought the mavic 2 pro a few weeks and this what I got. I bought for my vacation to Asia and I will be travelling next week. I have dji refresh, but because of DJI rigid policy and less than stellar customer service, I will not be able to get it back for my vacation. I was pumped for this but it came crashing.
2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 19:41
Hi Roderick, sorry for the trouble caused during shooting, the screen flicker problem may be caused by camera settings, please select the proper Anti-Flicker (50hz or 60hz) when setting ISO to Auto.
When using S or M mode, it is recommended to set the Shutter to 1/100S, 1/50S, 1/25S in 50hz, 1/120S, 1/60S, 1/30S in 60hz, please have a try and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

I was on the P Mode and the camera was on Auto. It is not a flicker. It is more of a blinking or flashing.
2018-11-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Toting Posted at 11-20 16:36
I did all of that.

Where did you buy it?  Maybe you can return it and get another one?

Good luck.
2018-11-20
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

ff22 Posted at 11-20 16:57
Where did you buy it?  Maybe you can return it and get another one?

Good luck.

I bought it at http://www.dji.com.

I contacted them and there is nothing they can do but follow their rigid protocol. Nobody even answer their phone. you are forced to chat online. I was transferred to a different customer service agent without telling me that I have to state everything again or rather type. They asked proof of purchase, policy number etc. that means their customer service has no access to what you have bought. It is very frustrating dealing with DJI support.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toting Posted at 11-20 17:08
I bought it at http://www.dji.com.

We do apologize for the trouble caused to your oncoming vacation. I would like to verify if the issue happens to the built-in storage?
2018-11-21
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 03:01
We do apologize for the trouble caused to your oncoming vacation. I would like to verify if the issue happens to the built-in storage?

Both built-in and microSD.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toting Posted at 11-21 04:40
Both built-in and microSD.

Thanks Toting, it is recommended to send in the drone for further evaluation, our support has created the case for you, please send in at you most convenience and our repair center will help you out, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused to your holiday.
2018-11-22
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-19 19:41

Hi DJI Mindy,

I am waiting for the shipping label to be email to me and it is already 24 hrs. I know the standard is up to 48 hrs. this seems to be quite a long wait for a simple shipping label.

Please help me get my shipping label so I can ship my drone.

Roderick
2019-1-3
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-19 19:41

Hi DJI Mindy,

I am waiting for the shipping label to be email to me and it is already 24 hrs. I know the standard is up to 48 hrs. this seems to be quite a long wait for a simple shipping label.

Please help me get my shipping label so I can ship my drone.

Roderick
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toting Posted at 1-3 12:14
Hi DJI Mindy,

Hi Roderick, I see the shipping label should have been sent to you, could you please double check your mailbox especially the spam box? Thank you.
2019-1-4
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 05:01
Hi Roderick, I see the shipping label should have been sent to you, could you please double check your mailbox especially the spam box? Thank you.

Thanks Mindy.
I got it last night at 6:30 pm
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Toting Posted at 1-4 05:39
Thanks Mindy.
I got it last night at 6:30 pm

Alright, please let us know if you need any further assistance. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2019-1-7
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Yep, looks more like a manufacturing problem due to well expressed irregularity of the flickering
2019-1-7
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Are you certain that your SD card is genuine? Fake SD Cards
2019-1-7
Use props
Toting
lvl.1
Canada

Boffin Posted at 1-7 01:17
Are you certain that your SD card is genuine? Fake SD Cards

I am sure. I bought it from bestbuy and I tested it on my friends drone. It is also a microSD not SD.
2019-1-7
Use props
fansf6330bb9
New

Latvia

Have same problem with my Mavic Air 2. Silence from tech support.
2021-5-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansf6330bb9 Posted at 5-17 12:32
Have same problem with my Mavic Air 2. Silence from tech support.

You wont get anywhere just posting a short "I get the same problem" post on here. Put up an example of the file on Dropbox and explain the issue in detail.
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_mqY2wZR4XBQS
New
Flight distance : 2349 ft
United States

I’m having the same issue - video screen jumping while flying on any refresh rate or camera setting. At times half the screen has a red shading on it when it flickers. This happens during almost the entire flight, regardless of movement or flight profile.
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_mqY2wZR4XBQS
New
Flight distance : 2349 ft
United States

And it says I’m not allowed to post my Dropbox url
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_cnrA4ARljtPw
New

India

Same problem in my just unboxed Mavic Air 2 S. Always flashing both still mode and video mode.
2022-7-29
Use props
Onverg
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

I am getting the same problem now with my MAVIC Air 2  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeMJIjIZkOc. Was anybody able to find out what was the problem to fix this outside of returning it to dji. I am outside the warranty period.
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_DKLShhEcfuVf
lvl.1

Kenya

I have similar problem  with my air 2s drone  whenever I record a video it blink what might be the problem  please  help  me to fix the problem
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules