686 4 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI with the P4 camera the dynamic range even at base ISO of 100 won’t allow for much shadow push. Currently you allow only .07 exposure step per bracket so the total range of 5 exposure is -1.34 to +1.34. Many times when shooting in early morning or late evening I will need 10 exposures to cover the full dynamic range the shot requires. If you could just add a firmware update to allow a full 1.0 bracket step this would an excellent addition to the Phantom and MP2.

This should not be a huge issue in programming and there is no reason I can think of that the camera could not handle this.

If possible please add this to a future firmware release. For stills photography it would be huge advantage.

Paul Caldwell
2018-11-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good suggestion.
2018-11-19
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, it should be so easy to do, just a tweak to the DJIgo4 app.  The camera should have no limits on bracketing.  But DJI seems to set everything at least on consumer drones to .7 for a step.

Paul C
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice suggestion thanks for sharing
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Paul. Thank you for the suggestion you have shared with us today. Rest assured I will forward this suggestion to our DJI R&D team for further development of the product. If you have any other inquiries or concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules