Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoint Flying for video.
2593 22 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nermie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56795 ft
Australia

Does anyone know when waypoint flying for video (not hyperlapse) will be available for the Mavic 2 pro. And if it will allow you to plot a series of pre planned positions and heights to be followed in an automated smooth continious flight path. Also, will it be possible to include pre planned gimbal position views.

Thank You

2018-11-18
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-11-18
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2018-11-18
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

thank you, i will check this out
2018-11-19
Use props
Balaes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For Android devices, DJI Pilot is new release.
2018-11-19
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 11-18 22:10
I have been waiting for waypoints and have not heard any news. If you use an iPad, you might want to try the app "DJI GS Pro". It has waypoints and now supports the Mavic 2. All points can be individually set for height, direction, gimbal, speed, ect... Also set to take pictures or turn on/off video recording.

Brett, Thank you for alerting me to this. I have watched an instructional video and looked at the manual. It seems to do everything I want except continual flying. According to the video I watched, it was designed more for mapping and photograph purposes and seems that it will stop flying at each waypoint and take a photo. It is not meant to fly continually.

I noticed in the video that a time can be set for the duration at each waypoint, maybe this can be reduced to 1 sec or 0. Maybe the video I saw is out of date and upgrades have occurred since. The manual online at DJI certainly mentions the ability to turn on and off the video recording, but I did not find anything on the waypoint stopping.

In your experience, does the latest version allow continious flying through the various waypoints?
2018-11-19
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2018-11-19
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 11-19 23:00
You are welcome. I have been waiting for them and looking into any alternative until it arrives. Litchi looked promising but then I found this and its free.
I haven't had a chance to execute a mission yet so I can't say for sure if it stops. One of the waypoint actions is hover and the time can be set to zero. A waypoint does not have to have an action and you can set a radius on corners, so I think it just keeps on going unless you create an action for that point. I don't see a waypoint duration setting unless you assign a hover. I will see if I can try a simple one soon to see how it reacts.
It's a little hard here now as the brand new map update yesterday completely locks me out (nfz) at the house here (near airport). I can't even fly inside my house! Before this update, I could get a code that would allow me to fly for a 24 hour period here at the house, but no more...

Thanks, No I havent had  a chance to fly a mission yet. I was starting to use it this afternoon when heavy thunderstorms started to come through and the forecast is rain for the next few days.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try it. The video I referred to

Look at around the 21:20 min mark. I note that this also refers to the DJI go app and I am sure waypoints in that App is limited to hyperlapse only at this time.
2018-11-19
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2018-11-19
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nermie Posted at 11-19 23:19
Thanks, No I havent had  a chance to fly a mission yet. I was starting to use it this afternoon when heavy thunderstorms started to come through and the forecast is rain for the next few days.

Hopefully I will get a chance to try it. The video I referred to

Great video - thanks for sharing. Billy knows his stuff!
2018-11-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Can we get a Readers' Digest summary? (g)   

Can we now do waypoints on any platform (Apple and Android and dji's skymarshall (g)?  Or is it limited at the moment?  And in the go app or some other dji app (or litchi?)???

Of course, I can't even fly in a straight line just yet!!!
2018-11-20
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

I wish they would fix Waypoint Hyper lapse mode. It has a lot of issues. All other waypoint modes work great in my opinion.
2018-11-22
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 11-19 23:50
I came across that video while I was searching. I see the video is from March 2017.
That is an older version in the video. It has 3 mission types and there is now 5. There are a couple of new items like the 2D switch and a pullout tab.
I'm guessing it flows through the waypoints unless you have it stop for something.

Brett, thanks for your help. I managed to get the waypoint flying working OK using GS pro after a few attempts. You must set the flythrough at waypoints to "curved" to get continious motion, but it seemed to work fairly well. The gimbal pitched adjusted reasonably smoothly at each waypoint, as did the altitude.  Unless you need to have turns, it is best to get the flight path as straight as possible, it makes the flight look smoother. I note that DJI have just  updated Waypoints for the DJO Go4 app for hyperlapse only, maybe next release they will allow waypoints in both Tripod and P modes. It does not work in Tripod mode in the GS pro app, which is a pity because this would be smoother.
2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_8J76FzAhAZur
New

United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 11-18 22:10
I have been waiting for waypoints and have not heard any news. If you use an iPad, you might want to try the app "DJI GS Pro". It has waypoints and now supports the Mavic 2. All points can be individually set for height, direction, gimbal, speed, ect... Also set to take pictures or turn on/off video recording.

The evo has waypoints that works like that.  Mavic 2 needs an update for it that’s all.  And the sensors, need to be active during all flight modes.  
2018-11-26
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

You could also try Litchi and Aero Ranger.
2018-11-27
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

ff22 Posted at 11-20 12:20
Can we get a Readers' Digest summary? (g)   

Can we now do waypoints on any platform (Apple and Android and dji's skymarshall (g)?  Or is it limited at the moment?  And in the go app or some other dji app (or litchi?)???

Litchi and Aero Ranger.
2018-11-27
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Brett Brandon Posted at 11-19 23:00
You are welcome. I have been waiting for them and looking into any alternative until it arrives. Litchi looked promising but then I found this and its free.
I haven't had a chance to execute a mission yet so I can't say for sure if it stops. One of the waypoint actions is hover and the time can be set to zero. A waypoint does not have to have an action and you can set a radius on corners, so I think it just keeps on going unless you create an action for that point. I don't see a waypoint duration setting unless you assign a hover. I will see if I can try a simple one soon to see how it reacts.
It's a little hard here now as the brand new map update yesterday completely locks me out (nfz) at the house here (near airport). I can't even fly inside my house! Before this update, I could get a code that would allow me to fly for a 24 hour period here at the house, but no more...

Try Aero Ranger
2018-11-27
Use props
Finkman
New
Flight distance : 380663 ft
Germany

Hello Simon,

thank you for your enquiry!

Yes, the waypoint feature willl be added to the Mavic 2 shortly.
This will happen by means of an update.

Sadly I cannot tell you a exact date at the moment. But according to the information we have received from R&D, it shouldn´t be much longer.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
I´ll gladly help.

All the best for you!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,

Steffen S.

Technical Support DJI GmbH

This hab I received from the service
2019-1-6
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Finkman Posted at 1-6 04:52
Hello Simon,

thank you for your enquiry!

DJi should be embarrassed saying 'Coming Soon' and not delivering in over four months!

Shame on DJI for misleading people.
2019-1-6
Use props
fans3e5a0df7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298766 ft
United States

At this time the Waypoints on Mavic 2 do stop at each point and o not provide smooth video.  I tried it today on an Android.   It seemed to work well other than the lack of smoothness.
Does anyone know if Litchi provides smooth passing through waypoints?
2019-3-3
Use props
Peterjame007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119068 ft
United States

Are these shots from the Litchi app ?
2019-3-17
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules