Warranty void due to not logged in? Is that a requirements
740 7 2018-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moophat
lvl.1

Vietnam

Hi guys,
I'm a newbie so pardon me if I accidently broke any regulation on the forum when creating this topic, please let me know and I will correct them immediately.

My Macvic Air's signal reception has ben unstable in the last week(s) so on last Thursday I took it to a completely clear beach with very good LoS to test it one last time before sending it back to the dealer for diagnostic. Unfortunately after 3 flight - all of which the drone's signal was lost mid-flight - at the 3rd RTH attempt it suddendly turn its head and fly straight to the sea - during descend on top of that. I have no idea what happened because it normally RTH perfectly except for this day so I opened a ticket with DJI.

But to my amazement the support reply seem to indicate that my case can not be diagnosed because I did not login to a DJI account on the app(s) and warranty can not be considered - in other word it's voided because I did not associate the app with an account. But all the logs that DJI's app genereted is still there on my phones so I clearly don't understand DJI and the support team's stance on this matter. I do know that it might be inconvenience to provide access to my logs to technical team in this cast but I actually checked warranty requirement before installing the app - because I'm a newbie and I know I might crash or break it at somepoint, and if I remember correctly there is no warranty requirement that say an account must be present for diagnostic to be performed. So I though that was just for recording and sharing and chose not to log in, because a tons of app perform a tons of synchronization already crippled my phone enough already. Has anyone has any similar experience and do you have any advise here? Because voiding the whole warrany for a login action seem really too strict for me.

Thanks for reading this

2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, please note without the flight data, we are unable to figure out what happened to the drone and whether there is a defect, thus, we cannot provide the warranty service.
If you have the flight records in DJI Go 4 APP in your phone, please export them and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can analyze the reason. I will PM you how to export the data.
Besides, could you please provide us the case number?
2018-11-19
Use props
moophat
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 00:53
Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, please note without the flight data, we are unable to figure out what happened to the drone and whether there is a defect, thus, we cannot provide the warranty service.
If you have the flight records in DJI Go 4 APP in your phone, please export them and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can analyze the reason. I will PM you how to export the data.
Besides, could you please provide us the case number?

Dear Mindy,
Thank you very much for the quick response, actually I already copied all the non-empty folder inside /DJI/dji.go.4 and saved them in my dropbox, which also included the videos that reflect the beach where I was flying the last time. It look to me that all the necessary logs are supposed to be there so that's why I said I don't understand support team's stance on this matter

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03czl ... J2aU0QY5IwWkma?dl=0
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

moophat Posted at 11-19 02:33
Dear Mindy,
Thank you very much for the quick response, actually I already copied all the non-empty folder inside /DJI/dji.go.4 and saved them in my dropbox, which also included the videos that reflect the beach where I was flying the last time. It look to me that all the necessary logs are supposed to be there so that's why I said I don't understand support team's stance on this matter

Thank you for the flight logs, may I have the case number as well? Thanks.
2018-11-19
Use props
moophat
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 02:47
Thank you for the flight logs, may I have the case number as well? Thanks.

Sorry I forgot that one, The case number would be 1471413. Please let me know if I missed anything in that folder, I will sync them to the same Dropbox folder for your convenience
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

moophat Posted at 11-19 02:49
Sorry I forgot that one, The case number would be 1471413. Please let me know if I missed anything in that folder, I will sync them to the same Dropbox folder for your convenience

Thanks for the email ticket number, there must be some misunderstanding, since you mentioned in the email that 'I did not registered/login on the DJI GO app prior to this event, so please let me know how to upload the fly log', the DJI Go 4 APP can only be used after login in, and there will be no flight records without connecting the APP. No worries, we will inform the team to create a case for the data analysis as soon as possible.
2018-11-19
Use props
moophat
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 04:28
Thanks for the email ticket number, there must be some misunderstanding, since you mentioned in the email that 'I did not registered/login on the DJI GO app prior to this event, so please let me know how to upload the fly log', the DJI Go 4 APP can only be used after login in, and there will be no flight records without connecting the APP. No worries, we will inform the team to create a case for the data analysis as soon as possible.

Hi Mindy,
Much appreciated your assurance, It's a blessing to have you here
I just need to clarify the wording a little to avoid future confusion , when you guys say "logging in" - that would mean opening the app and connect the phone to the RC to operate the drone in FPV mode right? (Because in my original emailwhen I say "login" what I mean was that to signing into a DJI account and let the flight record be synced automatically - something I'd rather avoid on my bloated phone - so maybe that's where the confusion start)
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

moophat Posted at 11-19 04:50
Hi Mindy,
Much appreciated your assurance, It's a blessing to have you here
I just need to clarify the wording a little to avoid future confusion , when you guys say "logging in" - that would mean opening the app and connect the phone to the RC to operate the drone in FPV mode right? (Because in my original emailwhen I say "login" what I mean was that to signing into a DJI account and let the flight record be synced automatically - something I'd rather avoid on my bloated phone - so maybe that's where the confusion start)

Yes, the flight records will be generated automatically as long as you connect to the APP during the flight, they are stored in the APP, if you don't sync to the cloud, we cannot check it. Sorry again for the misunderstanding. I see the email still hasn't been replied, I will inform the team to reply and arrange the next steps as soon as possible.
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules