registration
2134 15 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

If you own more that 1 drone do you have to have each one with it's own registration number? Or can you use the number you 1st get when you registar

2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Appears to be one registration per person for all of his/her drones. You will need to add the same reg number to all of your drones.

2018-11-19
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're referring to registering with the FAA, it depends on whether or not you're ever going to fly commercially. If flying commercially, you need to register each aircraft under "Part 107" and each aircraft has a unique registration number. If you're just flying for fun as a hobbyist, you should register under "Section 336" and apply the same registration number to all of your drones.

BTW, the link @A CW provided above is a 3rd party website. You should register with the FAA here:

https://faadronezone.faa.gov

For more details on flying legally in the US, check out this article:

Follow these rules when flying as a hobbyist in the US
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 11-19 05:01
If you're referring to registering with the FAA, it depends on whether or not you're ever going to fly commercially. If flying commercially, you need to register each aircraft under "Part 107" and each aircraft has a unique registration number. If you're just flying for fun as a hobbyist, you should register under "Section 336" and apply the same registration number to all of your drones.

BTW, the link @A CW provided above is a 3rd party website. You should register with the FAA here:

I never knew that - but at least it answers his question, yes!
2018-11-19
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Msinger is correct.  Also use the links provided by msinger as they are the official FAA links (.gov domain vice .com).
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there. Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, you may use the same exact mobile number that you used to registered with your first drone. You may also refer to @msinger answer for more information. If you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 11-19 05:01
If you're referring to registering with the FAA, it depends on whether or not you're ever going to fly commercially. If flying commercially, you need to register each aircraft under "Part 107" and each aircraft has a unique registration number. If you're just flying for fun as a hobbyist, you should register under "Section 336" and apply the same registration number to all of your drones.

there is no part 336 anymore....

implementation of the new regulations have not fully rolled out but there is a new section number for hobby but it escapes me at the moment but now things like 400AGL MAX is codified and is now a rule that the agency has the teeth to enforce .. $20,000 fines and jail time are on the books already
2018-11-19
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 15:04
there is no part 336 anymore....

implementation of the new regulations have not fully rolled out but there is a new section number for hobby but it escapes me at the moment but now things like 400AGL MAX is codified and is now a rule that the agency has the teeth to enforce .. $20,000 fines and jail time are on the books already

Technically, there isn't. However, the FAA still wants you to follow the Section 336 rules for now. See more details on their website here.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 11-19 18:58
Technically, there isn't. However, the FAA still wants you to follow the Section 336 rules for now. See more details on their website here.

Good link thanks
My understanding was that certain previous guidelines were codifified in the bill and they were prepared to begin enforcement of those but they are not on the list in the link

Either way this is going to change the landscape
2018-11-19
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 19:23
Good link thanks
My understanding was that certain previous guidelines were codifified in the bill and they were prepared to begin enforcement of those but they are not on the list in the link

in more ways than you would think , in or about 12 12 20 something is going to happen . maybe a test for everyone or more restrictions . not just for driones but any hobby that is in the air , i hope nothing will happen .  
2018-11-19
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 11-19 02:53
Appears to be one registration per person for all of his/her drones. You will need to add the same reg number to all of your drones.

Thanks, I can make up some labels than with same number
2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 19:23
Good link thanks
My understanding was that certain previous guidelines were codifified in the bill and they were prepared to begin enforcement of those but they are not on the list in the link

As far as I can tell, the major changes are the 400 foot altitude restriction and new requirement to pass a knowledge test before flying. I've summarized the new rules here.
2018-11-20
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 11-20 04:02
As far as I can tell, the major changes are the 400 foot altitude restriction and new requirement to pass a knowledge test before flying. I've summarized the new rules here.

I may well have overlooked it but I could find no requirement or how to accomplish this on the FAA registration site:
The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.
I have no problem with registration. However there is so much disjointed, conflicting, do it now, nope it changed, inconsistent, numerous differing opinions I have avoided registration because it seems like a damned if you do and damed if you don't situation.
I just try to stay below the radar and don't do anything stupid that would attract unwanted attention.

2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Chuck101 Posted at 11-20 04:44
I may well have overlooked it but I could find no requirement or how to accomplish this on the FAA registration site:
The operator has passed an aeronautical knowledge and safety test and maintains proof of test passage to be made available to the Administrator or law enforcement upon request.
I have no problem with registration. However there is so much disjointed, conflicting, do it now, nope it changed, inconsistent, numerous differing opinions I have avoided registration because it seems like a damned if you do and damed if you don't situation.

No such test exists today. See the note at the bottom of the first post here.
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

driverman930 Posted at 11-20 03:30
Thanks, I can make up some labels than with same number

It appears that way. Fly safe.
2018-11-20
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Chuck101 Posted at 11-20 04:44
I may well have overlooked it but I could find no requirement or how to accomplish this on the FAA registration site:

its a govt operation... standard...
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules