794 5 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is not a major problem for me, but it seams weird - therefor I bring it on here.

When I update the I2 FW ( and it has been like this a long time maybe two tree FW ago) I have only one way to upgrade.
I have to take off the X5s and attach the I2 via cable to a iOs device to upgrade - then I must do the same with the camera attached.

- I can not upgrade via Assistant ( I have tried different versions of the Assistant SW) even if I take the camera off - just get a update error
- I can not update via CS and Go4 app
- I can not update via iPhone or iPad and the Go 4 app

Can anybody shed some light on this

I am on latest FW and SW on everything and everything is working as expected - just this weird FW uppgrading thing.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry about the uneasiness on the firmware update of your Inspire 2. You mean you have to directly connect your Inspire 2 without the camera to your iOS device to upgrade the firmware of your aircraft? Did you check if the aircraft is on PC mode when updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2? Have you tried to factory reset the aircraft and try to update the firmware again? You have to use the camera while doing the firmware update so that the Zenmuse X5S will be updated as well.  Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-19
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-19 12:19
Hi, sorry about the uneasiness on the firmware update of your Inspire 2. You mean you have to directly connect your Inspire 2 without the camera to your iOS device to upgrade the firmware of your aircraft? Did you check if the aircraft is on PC mode when updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2? Have you tried to factory reset the aircraft and try to update the firmware again? You have to use the camera while doing the firmware update so that the Zenmuse X5S will be updated as well.  Please let us know on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes I am aware of that I2 have to be in PC mode and have done that. And yes I have to directly connect my Inspire 2 to a iOs device to get it updated - in two processes first without the camera - then with the camera to get it updated. I have had a lot of DJI products for several years so this kind of workaround is not critical for me, but I simply think it is weird.
I have not done a factory reset - I could do that but I have hesitated as I would loose my settings. Can you think of a reason for this situation ?
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nilsblix Posted at 11-19 12:30
Thank you for your answer.

Yes I am aware of that I2 have to be in PC mode and have done that. And yes I have to directly connect my Inspire 2 to a iOs device to get it updated - in two processes first without the camera - then with the camera to get it updated. I have had a lot of DJI products for several years so this kind of workaround is not critical for me, but I simply think it is weird.

Hi, thanks for the response. May I know what error message are you getting during the firmware update? What is the version of DJI Assistant 2 that you're using? Please keep us posted on for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-20
Use props
Nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 11-20 10:28
Hi, thanks for the response. May I know what error message are you getting during the firmware update? What is the version of DJI Assistant 2 that you're using? Please keep us posted on for further help. Thank you for the support.

Hello

Took the plunge and did a factory reset today - and guess what ? Could update normally via Assistant to version .300
Took screenshots of all my settings so a easy task. Thanks for encouraging me to do the reset.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nilsblix Posted at 11-20 10:56
Hello

Took the plunge and did a factory reset today - and guess what ? Could update normally via Assistant to version .300

Hi, thanks for your update. I'm glad to know that everything went well on our end in regards to this matter. No worries, it was my pleasure to assist. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our assistance again. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules