12Next >
2614 74 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

here is yet another clown making our community look good...

here in the states the F A A is looking forward to using its new found regulatory and enforcemnt power on both commercial AND recreational fliers and we have examples like this guy, flying in a crowded, pedestrian and vehicle packed area that happens to also be a NO FLY area PERIOD...

looking good.. lookin real good.. keep it up...... you know who you are....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news ... y-Times-Square.html

Reckless drone pilot cuffed as he tries to collect his gadget after crashing it over busy streets near Times Square
  • Steven Funes, 27, was flying the drone from his hotel balcony across the road
  • It crashed at 4.30pm as 7th Avenue was packed full of Christmas shoppers
  • He was held by security as he tried to collect his gadget from the balcony
  • Flying drones is controlled throughout New York and prohibited in Manhattan

2018-11-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

A photographer I assume, and not a RC flying model hobbyist.  You can tell by his actions.  He is not in it for the flight.  Instead, he is willing to do anything. and risk anything/others, to get a photo.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 11-19 09:56
A photographer I assume, and not a RC flying model hobbyist.  You can tell by his actions.  He is not in it for the flight.  Instead, he is willing to do anything. and risk anything/others, to get a photo.

yeah... not unlike the guys on this board that dropped his drone into downtown Denver last week or the guy that took his new Pro Plat for its maiden flight at night over the Mayo Clinic  ... and thats just the last couple days on just the mavic board of what people admitted to doing....

the powers that be have said that self regulation, safety and oversight have failed and now the feds will do what the community would not... it will set hard fast rules, backed by law and enforced with legal action, jail time, and stiff fines... GREAT.....

additionally, plans are already in motion, working with manufactures and outside agencies like NASA to incorporate full time position identification and deconfliction hardware (transponder) requirements for anything other than paper airplanes..

soon we will be under tighter scrutiny than guys flying ultralights and cessnas...
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazing how a UK newspaper reported on this US event - any US papers comment on it?
2018-11-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 10:06
yeah... not unlike the guys on this board that dropped his drone into downtown Denver last week or the guy that took his new Pro Plat for its maiden flight at night over the Mayo Clinic  ... and thats just the last couple days on just the mavic board of what people admitted to doing....

the powers that be have said that self regulation, safety and oversight have failed and now the feds will do what the community would not... it will set hard fast rules, backed by law and enforced with legal action, jail time, and stiff fines... GREAT.....

On the up side, the USA rarely enforces laws and has a lot of sympathy for those who habitually break laws.  Poor poor fellas.  Drone laws being broken will not result in jail time but instead will result in more empty laws.

I fly over my and various friend's property and know the local police as hunting buddiesl so no worries about new laws.  I don't fly in cities as a personal rule.  Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams and I claim it is a toy we got from Toy's R Us for my kid.  It is not regulated because it weighs less than his kite.  I was thinking of putting a fake FAA registration number on it for fun.  Like, FAA123WHOSURDADDY4567.
2018-11-19
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

As always it takes only a few irresponsible people to spoil it for everyone.
2018-11-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-19 10:14
Amazing how a UK newspaper reported on this US event - any US papers comment on it?

They only report on the President and things they can call the President racist for.  Everything else isn't entertaining enough to be news worthy.
2018-11-19
Use props
Hddeuce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128261 ft
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 11-19 10:28
On the up side, the USA rarely enforces laws and has a lot of sympathy for those who habitually break laws.  Poor poor fellas.  Drone laws being broken will not result in jail time but instead will result in more empty laws.

I fly over my and various friend's property and know the local police as hunting buddiesl so no worries about new laws.  I don't fly in cities as a personal rule.  Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams and I claim it is a toy we got from Toy's R Us for my kid.  It is not regulated because it weighs less than his kite.  I was thinking of putting a fake FAA registration number on it for fun.  Like, FAA123WHOSURDADDY4567.

You said "Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams...".

What are you saying with this statement?  In the U.S., any drone over 250g must be registered with the FAA.  Are you saying that you know this but refuse to register?  Or did you simply not realize this?

2018-11-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Hddeuce Posted at 11-19 10:49
You said "Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams...".

What are you saying with this statement?  In the U.S., any drone under 250g must be registered with the FAA.  Are you saying that you know this but refuse to register?  Or did you simply not realize this?

I meant that mine has carbon fiber parts to be under the weight limit.  250grams I guess.  
2018-11-19
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

I fly over my and various friend's property and know the local police as hunting buddiesl so no worries about new laws.  I don't fly in cities as a personal rule.  Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams and I claim it is a toy we got from Toy's R Us for my kid.  It is not regulated because it weighs less than his kite.  I was thinking of putting a fake FAA registration number on it for fun.  Like, FAA123WHOSURDADDY4567.

Ha! Nice registration number Wish I could have that one
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 11-19 10:14
Amazing how a UK newspaper reported on this US event - any US papers comment on it?

unless it involves bashing trump.. I doubt it...
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 11-19 10:30
They only report on the President and things they can call the President racist for.  Everything else isn't entertaining enough to be news worthy.

Sad how bias and politically controlled the media has become.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 11:21

That's not good - news should be impartial - it's the same over here too.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I fly over my and various friend's property and know the local police as hunting buddiesl so no worries about new laws.  I don't fly in cities as a personal rule.  Plus, my Spark is under 500 grams and I claim it is a toy we got from Toy's R Us for my kid.  It is not regulated because it weighs less than his kite.  I was thinking of putting a fake FAA registration number on it for fun.  Like, FAA123WHOSURDADDY4567.

Hahahahaha - good work mate LOL Love the reg number - I see some people on here are lacking a sense of humour!
2018-11-19
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 11:21

You say that like there's no reason to bash him.

(That's the last I will say on it.)
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 11-19 13:20
You say that like there's no reason to bash him.

(That's the last I will say on it.)

there fixed it for you...  we will stick with T you guys can stick with maple syrup and the Justin.....
Trumps-Numbers-Q2-2018_5.png
Dc8PJd3W0AAhSMv.jpg
MAY3161.jpg
2018-11-19
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Canada

Good grief. You couldn't help yourself, could you. Thanks for the laugh, as if a barrage of cartoons and one-dimensional statistics makes your point.

You had your say and I had mine. This isn't a poltical forum so let's drop it, okay?
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 11-19 14:06
Good grief. You couldn't help yourself, could you. Thanks for the laugh, as if a barrage of cartoons and one-dimensional statistics makes your point.

You had your say and I had mine. This isn't a poltical forum so let's drop it, okay?

you brought it up...

this time of year we have more canadians than locals.. and they all drive mini-vans.. badly.. you have any indigenous people left up there this time of year or are they all down here bugging us...
2018-11-19
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 14:09
you brought it up...

this time of year we have more canadians than locals.. and they all drive mini-vans.. badly.. you have any indigenous people left up there this time of year or are they all down here bugging us...

hahhahahhaha  gotta love snow-birds, right?

I so hope that people read the humor you put into your posts and don't take everything you take seriously. lol
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-19 14:45
hahhahahhaha  gotta love snow-birds, right?

I so hope that people read the humor you put into your posts and don't take everything you take seriously. lol

thanks ox...

you would think right... ok.. 20 yeas as a military pilot might make my humor a bit brash and somewhat sarcastic... but still .... everyone is triggered by everything these days... wouldn't last an hour in a flying squadron. they would be bleeding out of their ears and sucking their thumbs in a corner with the verbal banter that went on between pilots all day...
2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Prairie Chicken Posted at 11-19 14:06
Good grief. You couldn't help yourself, could you. Thanks for the laugh, as if a barrage of cartoons and one-dimensional statistics makes your point.

I think post number 11 started it and it wasn’t you.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 15:21

1 it was a general comment about the press....

2 I didnt bash another countries leader

3 I didn't make it personal

4 I didn't ask for your opinion but yet here you are as it was only a matter of time... I  would think being irish and in the EU you would have enough issues  but feel free to join in..

2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 15:28
1 it was a general comment about the press....

2 I didnt bash another countries leader

I think you were asked politely to quit the politics, I will add to this, there are many political forums out there, you want to talk politics join one of them.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 15:35
I think you were asked politely to quit the politics, I will add to this, there are many political forums out there, you want to talk politics join one of them.

you thew the grenade .. I threw it back.. go away.. don't care for you or your opinion
2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 15:36
you thew the grenade .. I threw it back.. go away.. don't care for you or your opinion

I threw nothing at you but you decided to jump in with both feet . Good bye.
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 15:43
I threw nothing at you but you decided to jump in with both feet . Good bye.

YES good riddance.. please.. god.. let that be true.. don't comment on my posts.. don't comment on my threads.. and I will do the same for you.. I can't stand you and regardless of what you think.. based on the PMs I get from others and their posts.. they can't stand you either....
2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 15:47
YES good riddance.. please.. god.. let that be true.. don't comment on my posts.. don't comment on my threads.. and I will do the same for you.. I can't stand you and regardless of what you think.. based on the PMs I get from others and their posts.. they can't stand you either....

You don’t own any threads, but have no problem jumping in when others post, particularly when not talking to you.
So while you tried to throw a slight at my country, I will leave you with this, richest countries in the world, per capita ,yes the US made it to number 12, checkout number 5.
I think being Irish I have less to be worried than being American.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/r ... 0.html?guccounter=1
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 16:22
You don’t own any threads, but have no problem jumping in when others post, particularly when not talking to you.
So while you tried to throw a slight at my country, I will leave you with this, richest countries in the world, per capita ,yes the US made it to number 12, checkout number 5.

and the rash returns.. in less than an hour... I knew it wouldnt last...

oh... and this is my thread...
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 16:22

and I wasn't slighting the irish..

I was talking about your own counties leadership issues with the EU...

"The people of Ireland, we have ceded most of our powers to Europe and that’s evidenced in our inability to stop Europe foisting on us a huge debt in the recent past, which we are still burdened with it."

Mr Laighneach's claim comes after Tory MP Andrew Bridgen suggested leaving the EU will become "irresistible" to the Republic of Ireland once they become a major contributor to EU coffers after Brexit.

I bet you are a very lonely.. friendless individual..
2018-11-19
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 11-19 12:07
That's not good - news should be impartial - it's the same over here too.

Impartial news?
In the US that died with Chet Huntley and David Brinkley.
2018-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-19 16:39
and I wasn't slighting the irish..

I was talking about your own counties leadership issues with the EU...

You really think an Englishman telling the irish what he thinks matters a dam, after 800 years of rape and pillage as you can see our standing in the world, Ireland was one of the founder members of the EC and will continue, I think that those leaving are the ones that now find themselves in quite a dilemma and Ireland and the Irish are completely happy where we are.
2018-11-19
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-19 15:21

Yes, I know. He's only interested in flexing his ego, not in the facts. He has learned well from his master.
2018-11-19
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Are we talking about Larry King's ego?  I think he is right and I was using his hypothesis that US news are anti-President all the time while ignoring drone news.  People are furious that we didn't notice news organizations in the US covering the NY times square drone incident?  Provide a link to the US article on the drone if so, please.  Otherwise, I think the idea that US based news orgs cover news events is funny.

Larry King's comments just before he posted on this forum thread about news ignoring news events (drone crash).  Warning: the video is Mark Dice showing Larry's interview.

2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chuck101 Posted at 11-19 16:47
Impartial news?
In the US that died with Chet Huntley and David Brinkley.

Take it all with a pinch of salt. Ignorance is bliss sometimes
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But this is the reality in terms of TRUE global wealth...

With more than $62,000,000,000,000 I think the US is safely the wealthiest country in the world followed by China then Japan with the UK being 4th. We have paintings and castles worth more than some countries LOL
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Of course bigger countries are going to be wealthier than small countries, bigger populations bigger industry, but poorer people, the link I put up is the monetary value of the people of that country, I think it’s not rocket science that per capita is the people’s value not the countries and while Ireland ranks number 5 and US 12 UK 27th, it just means that people in Ireland are that bit richer than those in US and UK.
Although I would excuse US of this, it’s also fair to say that many countries gathered their wealth by invading smaller and poorer countries, that’s just a fact.
I think we will find that castles Crown Jewels won’t feed people or pay their mortgages .
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 03:36
Of course bigger countries are going to be wealthier than small countries, bigger populations bigger industry, but poorer people, the link I put up is the monetary value of the people of that country, I think it’s not rocket science that per capita is the people’s value not the countries and while Ireland ranks number 5 and US 12 UK 27th, it just means that people in Ireland are that bit richer than those in US and UK.
Although I would excuse US of this, it’s also fair to say that many countries gathered their wealth by invading smaller and poorer countries, that’s just a fact.
I think we will find that castles Crown Jewels won’t feed people or pay their mortgages .

Hahahahaha - oh Mr David Walker you do make me laugh.
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

A CW Posted at 11-20 05:15
Hahahahaha - oh Mr David Walker you do make me laugh.

I have reported this post for posting personal details of mine,
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 08:17
I have reported this post for posting personal details of mine,

Good for you David - I guess you're calling me Andy is somehow different. How pathetic. Hahahahahaha
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

A CW Posted at 11-20 08:27
Good for you David - I guess you're calling me Andy is somehow different. How pathetic. Hahahahahaha

I never called you ANDY is that short for Andy Capp.
2018-11-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules