Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
another jackball
2598 74 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
Captain
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

This is just ugly and stupid in a drone forum.  It was supposed to be about irresponsible use of a drone, not politics.  Settle down everyone.
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 08:31
I never called you ANDY is that short for Andy Capp.

Not quite - walk along now, Mr Walker. Love the YouTube channel BTW ;)
2018-11-20
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Northwood Posted at 11-20 08:32
This is just ugly and stupid in a drone forum.  It was supposed to be about irresponsible use of a drone, not politics.  Settle down everyone.

thanks dad....
2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 03:36
Of course bigger countries are going to be wealthier than small countries, bigger populations bigger industry, but poorer people, the link I put up is the monetary value of the people of that country, I think it’s not rocket science that per capita is the people’s value not the countries and while Ireland ranks number 5 and US 12 UK 27th, it just means that people in Ireland are that bit richer than those in US and UK.
Although I would excuse US of this, it’s also fair to say that many countries gathered their wealth by invading smaller and poorer countries, that’s just a fact.
I think we will find that castles Crown Jewels won’t feed people or pay their mortgages .

It never ceases to amaze me when countries compare themselves to the U.S. but fail to remember that their size is relative to a U.S. State - so one of a ... "smaller" country would make a better point of comparing themselves to something relatively the same size.  I'm sure I could pick a "Rich State" to compare to Ireland and make an argument that said state is wealthier per person than Ireland.

2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

White Ox Posted at 11-20 12:06
It never ceases to amaze me when countries compare themselves to the U.S. but fail to remember that their size is relative to a U.S. State - so one of a ... "smaller" country would make a better point of comparing themselves to something relatively the same size.  I'm sure I could pick a "Rich State" to compare to Ireland and make an argument that said state is wealthier per person than Ireland.

[view_image]

Well maybe better distribution of wealth in the US might be what it needs, it’s nothing to be proud of that your country might be made up of rich and poor, but when someone tries to slight a country without knowing didly squat about it or it’s history , then don’t expect people to stand idly by.
I didn’t bring it up, so maybe ask those who think this is some form of political forum, that this is not a place for discussion on political matters, the fact that you bypassed other comments without commenting shows you think similar to OP. He was asked to stop twice.
2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 12:26
Well maybe better distribution of wealth in the US might be what it needs, it’s nothing to be proud of that your country might be made up of rich and poor, but when someone tries to slight a country without knowing didly squat about it or it’s history , then don’t expect people to stand idly by.
I didn’t bring it up, so maybe ask those who think this is some form of political forum, that this is not a place for discussion on political matters, the fact that you bypassed other comments without commenting shows you think similar to OP. He was asked to stop twice.

Please don't assume to know anything of my thoughts of the original poster or yourself.  One can't conclude anything off of single posts here or there.  No different to coming upon an accident scene and offering help to one victim vs. another - maybe it has nothing to do with my opinion of a person I've never crossed paths with nor even met before and has strictly to do with being able to give aid, or in this case, be willing to share an opinion.

To remark on redistribution of wealth... One needs to do the homework - it does NOT cost the same to live in say... Kansas, as it does in say.. New Jersey.  Barely having enough to get by in New Jersey, but still owning a home, could mean that one's net wealth, might be half million plus...take the same net wealth in some areas of Kansas, and you wouldn't have to work anymore, as that Half million in wealth gives you the ability to retire - as the COST OF LIVING is greatly reduced.

Does it cost the same to live in Ireland as it does in  France? I don't know, and thus, wouldn't speculate that there needs to be a redistribution of wealth to solve anything.......
Back to the Jackball discussion.

Speaking of, I like the word "Jackball"... and I'd like to use it in the future, if that's ok, Deuce? lol
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

White Ox Posted at 11-20 12:39
Please don't assume to know anything of my thoughts of the original poster or yourself.  One can't conclude anything off of single posts here or there.  No different to coming upon an accident scene and offering help to one victim vs. another - maybe it has nothing to do with my opinion of a person I've never crossed paths with nor even met before and has strictly to do with being able to give aid, or in this case, be willing to share an opinion.

To remark on redistribution of wealth... One needs to do the homework - it does NOT cost the same to live in say... Kansas, as it does in say.. New Jersey.  Barely having enough to get by in New Jersey, but still owning a home, could mean that one's net wealth, might be half million plus...take the same net wealth in some areas of Kansas, and you wouldn't have to work anymore, as that Half million in wealth gives you the ability to retire - as the COST OF LIVING is greatly reduced.

I think that fact that someone who continually boasts of breaking the rules in many posts, would show up with the title aimed at others, it really should read the OP is a jackball.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=172733

If your lumping Ireland in with France so I’m European, which means I come from by far the richest continent in the world, so maybe US would not have such a rich state as say Norway
2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4

United States

I made no purposeful point to lump you in with anyone... my point was that it's far more complicated than making general comparisons.

I care not who's  the richest country, nor the richest per person on a whole.  I care about the well being of my family, and that I'm not paying for everyone else to sit on their ass doing nothing but popping out children to suck the welfare system even deeper into a never ending abyss.

It doesn't matter who's system of government you look at - every one of them has flaws.  And until you've lived in such government and helped to push forward or push back said system, it's pointless to speculate.  Anyone can be an armchair coach or pilot and say "You should do this or you should do that".... try walking a mile in someone else's shoes before doing so.  If we all did that, the world would be a much better place.

As for Jackballs... every one of us has some jackball bred into us.  And every one of us  exercises it from time to time.  What it boils down to is who thinks who's a bigger jackball based on what said jackball did.  Do I consider someone that flies over massive groups of people  to be a bigger jackball than one that that flies 3500 meters (or whatever it is) horizontally over sparsely populated areas?  Absolutely.  Why? because the odds of causing physical injury to a person.   Damaging someone's property because your drone fell from the sky and hit their barn, or their roof is entirely different than sending someone to the emergency room because your drone fell from the sky.  Again, just my opinion.  I'm sure yours will vary.  

A jackball starting a thread about someone they think is a bigger jackball is entirely fine with me... why? because it's all relative to one's own perspective of how big of a jackball you think you are.  And trust me, we all are in some way shape or form.

Let the jackball bashing commence. haha
I'll go one further... Hallmark, you are a jackball.  Deuce, also a jackball... Me? definately a jackball. haha.  We all are.  have fun with it. lol
Edit:... .As for the richest in the world... define RICH.  To me, rich isn't just the amount of cash in an account, nor the amout of posessions... it's also got to do with family, and civil liberties and the freedom to do many a thing.  How many guns do you own? lol... need not answer - just proving a point - everyone's definition of rich varies.

Edit #2.  Jackballs, politics, wealth, civil liberties, guns, let's derail this thread a bit further... How big is your dad? I think mine can take him. ahhahahaha
2018-11-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 11-19 19:45
Are we talking about Larry King's ego?  I think he is right and I was using his hypothesis that US news are anti-President all the time while ignoring drone news.  People are furious that we didn't notice news organizations in the US covering the NY times square drone incident?  Provide a link to the US article on the drone if so, please.  Otherwise, I think the idea that US based news orgs cover news events is funny.

Larry King's comments just before he posted on this forum thread about news ignoring news events (drone crash).  Warning: the video is Mark Dice showing Larry's interview.

If that's for me, no, I was talking about the OP's ego, and I'm not going to watch that video on this forum.
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

White Ox Posted at 11-20 13:26
I made no purposeful point to lump you in with anyone... my point was that it's far more complicated than making general comparisons.

I care not who's  the richest country, nor the richest per person on a whole.  I care about the well being of my family, and that I'm not paying for everyone else to sit on their ass doing nothing but popping out children to suck the welfare system even deeper into a never ending abyss.

Your analogy is a bit ridiculous, someone speeding in a city kills no one, same night someone speeding in a rural area kills a man, you believe the biggest jackball is the guy who put more at risk than the guy who killed someone.

As I have said in other posts, if your going to pull people up on here for something that your likely to do or have done yourself then there is some hypocrisy there.
But hear the argument ends for me . Good Luck.
2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4

United States

Lol, we aren't talking about piloting a car through the air.  We aren't talking about racing a car trough town.  We are talking about flying a drone.  

We aren't talking about what happens when someone purposely maneuvers their drone to hurt someone., at least I'm not.  I'm talking about when that oh chit moment comes and your drone stops obeying commands or you loose the camera view  and do NOT have VLOS - then you have a dangerous situation.  Given dangerous situation, is it better to be out in a rural area, or flying over large groups of people?  Seems easy for me to find the bigger jackball moment.

And of course there are some hypocracy moments.  They exist so many places in our lives.  Are you telling me you follow EVERY law  ever written in your area?  Drive the speed limit, don't jaywalk, only use the missionary position with your significant other (yes, in some places there are laws about that, and I said significant other, because I don't wish to "offend" you either way, whichever way you are) ?  Those are just a few - but we ALL break laws - some of which, we don't even know about.  Others, we knowingly choose to do.  And when we do, we justify it to ourselves, and sometimes others. Hypocracy.

I have no issue with anyone on this forum, or any other.  I don't let anyone bother me that much.  If I can't tolerate what they say, I stop reading their posts, and definitely wouldn't open a thread they started.
2018-11-20
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

A CW Posted at 11-20 01:15
But this is the reality in terms of TRUE global wealth...
[view_image]
With more than $62,000,000,000,000 I think the US is safely the wealthiest country in the world followed by China then Japan with the UK being 4th. We have paintings and castles worth more than some countries LOL

" We have paintings and castles worth more than some countries LOL"

That is funny.  Really, Japan is that high while being smaller than California and having few resources?  Nice.  Korea also seems to be quite the powerhouse for making money considering their size though they aren't on this list (Samsung).  

Occasional craft beer drinking leaves me wondering how countries take different paths and why.  I think willingness to invest in the future and forgo immediate reward is a large part of wealth building.  Like Spain investing in a few galleons heading out to observe a solar eclipse in the Atlantic back in the 1500's or so.

And, my grandfather (and his generation) being willing to forgo bigger veteran's benefits (entitlements) so the government can invest in a rocket ship/space research.  Now I enjoy GPS navigation and drone photographs of Mars' landscapes (country is richer).
2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 13:58
Your analogy is a bit ridiculous, someone speeding in a city kills no one, same night someone speeding in a rural area kills a man, you believe the biggest jackball is the guy who put more at risk than the guy who killed someone.

As I have said in other posts, if your going to pull people up on here for something that your likely to do or have done yourself then there is some hypocrisy there.

if your going to pull people up on here for something that your likely to do or have done yourself then there is some hypocrisy there.

Pot meet kettle...

Hypocrisy.jpg

Lecturing.jpg

ROFLOAO!

2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-20 12:06
It never ceases to amaze me when countries compare themselves to the U.S. but fail to remember that their size is relative to a U.S. State - so one of a ... "smaller" country would make a better point of comparing themselves to something relatively the same size.  I'm sure I could pick a "Rich State" to compare to Ireland and make an argument that said state is wealthier per person than Ireland.

[view_image]

EgoLand.jpg

Matter of personal perspective...

2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-20 18:23
[view_image]

Matter of personal perspective...

Yes it is.  And anything on a sphere not at the point closest to you looks smaller than it would if you were to rotate it so that spot was closest to you.

The U.S. is 140 times the size of Ireland.

Regardless, I still wish to visit Ireland one day.
2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

White Ox Posted at 11-20 18:48
Yes it is.  And anything on a sphere not at the point closest to you looks smaller than it would if you were to rotate it so that spot was closest to you.

The U.S. is 140 times the size of Ireland.

Perhaps a little to subtle. Take a closer look at Globe.  
2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 11-19 19:45
Are we talking about Larry King's ego?  I think he is right and I was using his hypothesis that US news are anti-President all the time while ignoring drone news.  People are furious that we didn't notice news organizations in the US covering the NY times square drone incident?  Provide a link to the US article on the drone if so, please.  Otherwise, I think the idea that US based news orgs cover news events is funny.

Larry King's comments just before he posted on this forum thread about news ignoring news events (drone crash).  Warning: the video is Mark Dice showing Larry's interview.

Press does not cover News, the Press fabricates News.  It's about raitings and the Money!

2018-11-20
Use props
White Ox
lvl.4

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-20 19:27
Perhaps a little to subtle.  Take a closer look at Globe.

Hahaha... I took a second a second look.... hahhahhahah priceless.
2018-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

White Ox Posted at 11-20 14:36
Lol, we aren't talking about piloting a car through the air.  We aren't talking about racing a car trough town.  We are talking about flying a drone.  

We aren't talking about what happens when someone purposely maneuvers their drone to hurt someone., at least I'm not.  I'm talking about when that oh chit moment comes and your drone stops obeying commands or you loose the camera view  and do NOT have VLOS - then you have a dangerous situation.  Given dangerous situation, is it better to be out in a rural area, or flying over large groups of people?  Seems easy for me to find the bigger jackball moment.

“Given dangerous situation, is it better to be out in a rural area, or flying over large groups of people?  Seems easy for me to find the bigger jackball moment”

Well you won’t know that until it happens, out in a rural area you drone video link is gone no VLOS , a balloonist is out flying and your drone takes his balloon out, he drops out of the sky and is dead.
Or your in surburban area and you lose VLOS and your drone crashes into a building.
Which one is worse do you think, only I’m feeling a lot more sorry for the balloonists than the building .
2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 11-20 16:29
" We have paintings and castles worth more than some countries LOL"

That is funny.  Really, Japan is that high while being smaller than California and having few resources?  Nice.  Korea also seems to be quite the powerhouse for making money considering their size though they aren't on this list (Samsung).  

Yes, wealth can be defined by many variables but in this official case study it was determined by the monetary value of the country. The United Kingdom ruled a third of the planet up to WWII as the British Empire and Queen Victoria was the most powerful person in the world in the 19th century whilst Queen Elizabeth took England forward to become the wealthiest country in Europe by defeating Spain in the 16th century. The US became the world power hub by the turn of the 20th century and remains the UK's closest ally whilst China's wealth has increased by 200% in recent years to overtake Japan and is the worlds second largest economy which continues to grow. The wealth of countries will continue to fluctuate and countries will continue to evolve over the coming years, decades and centuries. How the UK will be impacted by Brexit is yet to seen just as much in how the EU will be and individual nations with different trade arrangements - London remains the richest city in Europe so it will have an impact. Interesting times ahead
2018-11-20
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

As this thread is not only about drones, some history about the EU in this link > https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/history_en
Why, we all have our own opinions but writings facts is imo only OK if the claim is correct.

Copy Paste from this EU-link an interesting part about the founding countries "The six founding countries are Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands".

Time line :

1957 > Treaty of Rome > EEC (European Economic Community aka Common Market).1967 > EEC became the EC.
1973 > EC>EU; Denmark, Ireland and the UK join the EU.

BTW i love the UK, Ireland and Schotland, been there several times and met many nice people. (Guinness extra cold from the barrel is amazingly yummy)

cheers
JJB

guinness.jpg
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:18
Hi all,

As this thread is not only about drones, some history about the EU in this link > https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/history_en

What claims are not correct in this thread in your opinion JJB? BTW Scotland is part of the United Kingdom...
2018-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 11-21 00:28
What claims are not correct in this thread in your opinion JJB? BTW Scotland is part of the United Kingdom...

Mr Hallmark wrote "Ireland was one of the founder members of the EC".

The real founding members were the inner 6 countries who started the EEC, just a minor detail.
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:32
Mr Hallmark wrote "Ireland was one of the founder members of the EC".

The real founding members were the inner 6 countries who started the EEC, just a minor detail.

Very true - Ireland was not anymore than the UK was but the Republic of Ireland will remain whilst Northern Ireland (which is also part of the UK the same as Scotland, Wales and England) will be leaving in March 2019.
2018-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 11-21 00:28

Yep you are so  right, its so common to say the UK, have to say Great Brittain ofcourse.
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:36
Yep you are so  right, its so common to say the UK, have to say Great Brittain ofcourse.

No LOL - it is the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Great Britain is the large central island in which England, Scotland and Wales are located adding NI makes the UK
2018-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 11-21 00:34
Very true - Ireland was not anymore than the UK was but the Republic of Ireland will remain whilst Northern Ireland (which is also part of the UK the same as Scotland, Wales and England) will be leaving in March 2019.

Hard time leaving the EU with or without a deal. Spain is now against the deal (has to be a unanimous
decision), some text about Gibraltar is not in their interest. Wait and see. Its bad for our and your (i think) economics as we are a trading country.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:42
Hard time leaving the EU with or without a deal. Spain is now against the deal (has to be a unanimous
decision), some text about Gibraltar is not in their interest. Wait and see. Its bad for our and your (i think) economics as we are a trading country.

There are many, many, many people here who are prepared for a hard Brexit - no deal! Gibraltar is British territory - I hope this doesn't turn into another Falklands!
2018-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 11-21 00:40
No LOL - it is the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. Great Britain is the large central island in which England, Scotland and Wales are located adding NI makes the UK

I will copy this and put in on my desktop, if i need it i can use the correct text (learning all the time)
thank you
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:44
I will copy this and put in on my desktop, if i need it i can use the correct text (learning all the time)
thank you

It's nice that you take an interest in other countries. I have visited Amsterdam twice and love it there. The Dutch are lovely people.
2018-11-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 11-21 00:54
It's nice that you take an interest in other countries. I have visited Amsterdam twice and love it there. The Dutch are lovely people.

Thanks, the world is so much bigger than my own backyard.....Always welcome to Holland, and there is so much more to see than Amsterdam.

Long time ago i almost decided to move to the Midlands area, she was so cute!
Tossed a penny, keeping my very interesting job won.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 01:15
Thanks, the world is so much bigger than my own backyard.....Always welcome to Holland, and there is so much more to see than Amsterdam.

My girlfriend lived in London and I lived in the West Country - we both had very well paid jobs but she was the one - I secured a senior managerial position within my organisation and moved to London. She is my wife now and mother of my son - best thing I ever did. My career side stepped into the financial sector and now I've made so much that I have treated myself to a two-year career break to raise my boy and fly drones. It's amazing how life turns out. I fully intend to return to Holland one day and see more of your beautiful country. Brexit is a shame as we live in a world where unification is increasingly important and despite most of London, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland wanting to remain it was not the popular choice in the towns and villages where country folk are typically - well, best not to be impolite ;)
*I see David Walker (Hallmark007) is downvoting again. Oh well...

2018-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 00:32
Mr Hallmark wrote "Ireland was one of the founder members of the EC".

Yes your quite correct, it’s a bit like the largest wind turbine in the world :+)......
2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 11-21 01:15

And thanks for the PM
2018-11-21
Use props
Northwood
Captain
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Go to your room... NOW!  
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now