Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro / X5 Video artifact issue (maybe?)
637 3 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clkling1
lvl.1
United States

Hi All,

I am using the m600 and x5 for some geology research within our university, mapping works great so far, no problems there. I am however having a problem with the video that we occasionally take. There seeem to be some video artifdacting that appear in the video as rolling horizontal lines.

Check the Youtube upload. I converted the codec to H.264, but that was it.

I had a couple of videographer friends suggest intra vs inter frame codecs, but I was wondering if any other m600 + X5 users have had the same problem and could point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
P.S. Flight shown was authorized under a research permit.

2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi clkling1, sorry for the troubles with the footage, the video you posted cannot be viewed, did you try different SD card? Does the issue happen to every footage? How about the pictures? Please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can check, thank you.
2018-11-20
Use props
clkling1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 01:26
Hi clkling1, sorry for the troubles with the footage, the video you posted cannot be viewed, did you try different SD card? Does the issue happen to every footage? How about the pictures? Please upload the original footage to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here so that we can check, thank you.

Hi Mindy-

I have not tried a different SD card, as we did not notice this till after we had left the site and returned back to our university, pictures seem to work alright, I have about 7500+ photos from the mapping missions we carried out, and none of them seem to have the same Issue. I will go back and check those though.  

I did have noticeable trouble with the pictures writing to the card fast enough before the next picture was taken with Pix4D Capture, but that was something I had to live with as we were mapping very large areas and speed was necessary. A couple dropped pictures was ok to us in return for better coverage overall

I have no trouble viewing the video within the post, is there no other way to show video within a post than to post a link to the file for downloading?  

Thanks,
Corbin
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

clkling1 Posted at 11-24 08:05
Hi Mindy-

I have not tried a different SD card, as we did not notice this till after we had left the site and returned back to our university, pictures seem to work alright, I have about 7500+ photos from the mapping missions we carried out, and none of them seem to have the same Issue. I will go back and check those though.  

Corbin, we need to analyze the original footage from the SD card no matter which platform you may upload, thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules