1351 16 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb05bb589
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325725 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I screwed up and flew my Mavik Pro into a tree while it was coming home and temporarily out of sight behind my house.  Apparently, the orientation of the drone was such that the collision avoidance was not available.  So, my bad.....I've decided to console myself by ordering the new Mavik Pro 2, and my dilema now is should I pay to have the crashed Mavik repaired or just accept the loss.  The camera has broken loose from its mounting but is still attached.  Other than that, damage seems minimal. Has anybody had any experiences with DJI repair service?  Are their repairs reasonable and is the experience positive? If I could get the repair done reasonably, I might be able to resell the drone or give it as a gift.  Thanks for any insights you can give me on DJI repair service.
2018-11-19
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Get it repaired, it's worth it.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Mavic Pro. It is recommended to send in the drone for repair service, our repair team will help you to evaluate the drone. Kindly contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2018-11-19
Use props
cvaughan108
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187572 ft
United States

It is kinda hard to tell the extent of the damage from what you have said.  If you send it in, they can tell you how much it will be to repair.  I would say if its not too expensive to repair then go for it.  It may pay off in the future to have a backup Mavic.  I put mine in a tree not long ago, I feel your pain.  Fortunately there was only relatively superficial damage and a cracked prop. Good Luck!
2018-11-19
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

My best friend who crashed his MP on it's first flight paid DJI $250 to repair the Gimbal and one arm. He now has a great flying MP and he also got the DJI Care. Just incase.

It is a good investment and you never know when  the new M2P might have a mishap.
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ship it back and get it fixed
2018-11-19
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Send picture, camera mounts retail on ebay for $15 odd. If repair fails, buy a new one!
2018-11-19
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

Had issues with my last unit, was sent back to DJI other than UPS loosing it for 2 days
I can not fault DJI what so ever,  they were brilliant.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, sorry for the crash accident, it is recommended to send in the drone for the repair service, it would great to have a backup drone. As cvaughan108 suggested, if it's not too expensive to repair after the damage assessment, then go for it, if you do not want to get it repaired, you can request to return it without repair.
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Send it to DJI to fix it
2018-11-19
Use props
fansb05bb589
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325725 ft
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 11-19 21:44
Send it to DJI to fix it

Thanks to everyone for their inputs.  I did take the majority's advice and sent the unit to DJI for repair. Hopefully, the bill to fix will be reasonable and I'll have a backup drone!
2018-11-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

fansb05bb589 Posted at 11-21 19:21
Thanks to everyone for their inputs.  I did take the majority's advice and sent the unit to DJI for repair. Hopefully, the bill to fix will be reasonable and I'll have a backup drone!

You're welcome mate
Happy flying!
2018-11-21
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you get lucky, and it's just the camera mount......and no electronics damage.  Crossing my fingers for you!!

Let us know the outcome when you can......

Randy
2018-11-22
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A wise decision, a backup drone is always a good idea. Keep us posted how you get on.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your updates. No worries, our team will do their best to provide the things that we need to fix and how much it would be for them to fix as well. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good for you mate - fly safe when you get it back.
2018-11-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Having a backup will raise your confidence and allow you to experiment more.  I'd encourage a full repair and buying the new one too.
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules