Motor Current Error
955 7 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I've had my M2 Zoom for a month now.  I've got just under 14 hrs logged in the air.  During the last couple of flights I've had an error pop up.  "Motor Current Error, Check your propellers and fly with Caution".

It appears and disappears on the DJIGo screen very quickly.  Too fast to even read.  (I had to get the full text off the replay screen in DJIGo).  I only see it one or two times in a 20 minute flight.   I've been in P mode and flying normally.  The temperature was -12C (10F). The message has no affect on how the M2 flies.

I've checked the props as per the message.  They seem OK...  They're on tight with no chips or deformations.  The motors have no play and turn smoothly.

Anybody else seeing this??

current-error.jpg
2018-11-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused. If may I ask what happened to your drone prior to this issue? I would recommend restoring and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2. After using the application, please reboot the aircraft to see if the issue will persist. However, if it would be the same result, I would advise sending the unit to our facility for further evaluation. Please see the link below in any case you need to contact our team. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/support

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ignore it - happens on all drones. Just ease of the sticks a little and it goes away - nothing to worry about.
2018-11-19
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

I’ve had same issue since software upgrade. I am not flying differently. I agree, just throttle back a little, issue goes away. Good luck
2018-11-19
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks for the replies..   

DJI Steven..   The craft is in perfect shape.  It has never been crashed. I've noted your recommendations.

In light of the posts from A CW and 4WDaus I guess I'll just do a firmware reload then ride it out for a while and see what happens.  Sending it in right now is out because Canada Post is in the middle of a labor dispute and the mail is completely bottlenecked right now..
2018-11-20
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

It used to happen on my Mavic Air when descending too fast, however it has not happened to either my Mavic 2 pro or zoom.
2018-11-20
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happened to me one time, I had installed aftermarket props. Put the factory ones back on and all was fine. Upon further inspection, the off-brand ones felt lighter and had more flex than factory. Too expensive to use cheap parts for me, factory only from now on.
2018-11-20
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Canada

I'm using the props that came with the M2..  But that's an interesting point.  I'm going to swap them out with the ones that came in my M2 Fly-More kit and see if that makes a difference.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules