Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera issues (Still Photos)
649 7 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetrapper1
lvl.1
United States

I purchased my MAVIC 2 Pro primarily for still photos.
I have noticed that my camera settings do not work properly.
THe camera does not take a series of bracked photos. When I am in that setting, the camera shutter does indeed click three times, however a examination of the exposed photographs shows that all three are the same exposure. This is visible in the three photographs as imported into Lightroom, as all appear to be the same exposure. It is also evidenced in the Historgam as shown in lightroom. All three exposures have the same f-stop/shutter speed. In truth, I probably would not use the bracket setting all that much. It just anoys me that it doesn't work and am wondering if I am doing something wrong. Has anyone else used their 3 bracket setting and what are your findings?
I have also tested the HDR setting and wind up with a single properly exposed photograph. However all of the merging has been done in-camera and I don't have seperate images to analyse the over/under exposures.

2018-11-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Are you sure you didn't tap Multiple instead of AEB for your test? Since they're adjacent to each other, it would be an easy thing to do.
2018-11-19
Use props
thetrapper1
lvl.1
United States

Well, hush my puppies. How simple (I am). Thanks for straightening me out Ex Machina. I knew If I got on the forum someone would soon help me. As soon as I read your reply, I was headed out to the backyard to fire up again. Looks like about a 2/3 stop bracket OV/UN. Aye?
2018-11-19
Use props
4WDaus
Captain
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Also note you can shot in jpg and dng, the later is much better for editing.
2018-11-19
Use props
thetrapper1
lvl.1
United States

4WDaus Posted at 11-19 13:56
Also note you can shot in jpg and dng, the later is much better for editing.

Yes, I have both my camera and Mavic2Pro currently set for shooting in both JPG and RAW. I'm beginning question why.  Since everything gets imported into Lightroom I really don't need the extra file of JPG in my harddrive. If I need a JPG image for something I can export the image to my harddrive in JPG format. But I really don't need the duplicate files to start out with for everything that I shoot.

Aye?
2018-11-19
Use props
thetrapper1
lvl.1
United States

thetrapper1@hot Posted at 11-19 14:26
Yes, I have both my camera and Mavic2Pro currently set for shooting in both JPG and RAW. I'm beginning question why.  Since everything gets imported into Lightroom I really don't need the extra file of JPG in my harddrive. If I need a JPG image for something I can export the image to my harddrive in JPG format. But I really don't need the duplicate files to start out with for everything that I shoot.

Aye?

And one final comment about my initial issue (and pressing the multiple setting instead of the AEB setting).
I'm wondering about the multiple setting (period). Why would anyone want three identical exposures of the same image (identical fstop/shutter speed) Ahhh, to do what with?
2018-11-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

thetrapper1@hot Posted at 11-19 14:35
And one final comment about my initial issue (and pressing the multiple setting instead of the AEB setting).
I'm wondering about the multiple setting (period). Why would anyone want three identical exposures of the same image (identical fstop/shutter speed) Ahhh, to do what with?

I use that feature for capturing objects in motion. For example; this summer I was taking photos of a couple of surfers. Instead of having just one take I shot in burst mode. AEB and burst mode are two completely different features used for very different reasons.
2018-11-20
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

thetrapper1@hot Posted at 11-19 14:26

Aye?

Although it's more work--and I don't do this for my regular photography--I usually shoot both RAW and JPG for redundancy (in case I lose the bird I at least have the downlinked JPG), and sometimes the JPG is just plain good enough.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules