3205 110 2018-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We see so many DJI software updates and indeed updates for your mobile devices. I read so many posts on here and indeed other forumns about peoples woes after they do an update.

I wonder when people will learn. Some advice to follow or not it is up to you.

If all is working ok for you and you are happy with your setup....... Dont update anything..... Generally no good will come of it. If the update includes some goddies you think you might like well you most likely never knew you did not have them and wont use them any way.

If somthing is bust (probably caused by the previous update) Then update away.

Let DJI test things not you as a user
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some good points there.
2018-11-19
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Whether you want to update or not is up to each person. But sometimes updates are crucial for the aircraft's safety. Take for example the latest FW for M200 and I2 that solved a serious battery issue..I use a lot of different DJI products, and can say I've never had a problem caused by a new FW update.
2018-11-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to agree. You have some good points
but I have never an an issue caused by an update.
2018-11-20
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 11-20 05:59
I have to agree. You have some good points
but I have never an an issue caused by an update.

I once did, but a followup update fixed it... that's what updates are for - mostly*. Occasional enhancements to the control software are welcome additions as long as they increase the scope of the drone not diminish it.

*the other main reason is for alining to regional regulatory requirements - geo fencing etc.
2018-11-20
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with you. Sometimes updates bring more issues than fixing them. That’s what I see with the Spark so far there’s no issues and I’m worried there will be an update that will cause problems like the previous update before the current one for the Spark.
2018-11-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 11-20 08:14
I once did, but a followup update fixed it... that's what updates are for - mostly*. Occasional enhancements to the control software are welcome additions as long as they increase the scope of the drone not diminish it.

*the other main reason is for alining to regional regulatory requirements - geo fencing etc.

Regional regulatory stuff is best avoided in my view
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I totally respect your opinion or feedback towards DJI update. We would like you to know that before we release the update, we are testing it and we made sure that this will work fine on the drone. If you are having an issue with our product, please let us know. We are here to help you out. Thanks for choosing DJI and have a safe flight always.
2018-11-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-20 14:45
Hi there. I totally respect your opinion or feedback towards DJI update. We would like you to know that before we release the update, we are testing it and we made sure that this will work fine on the drone. If you are having an issue with our product, please let us know. We are here to help you out. Thanks for choosing DJI and have a safe flight always.

If you do all that testing why do so many people have so many issues with updates and why are they so regular..... Get things right before you sell them...... Very simple rule to live by........ Your customers are not your unpaid testers
2018-11-20
Use props
alexveaux
New

Australia

Regardless of whether you need to refresh or not is up to every individual. Be that as it may, now and then updates are vital for the air ship's security. Take for instance the most recent FW for M200 and I2 that explained a genuine battery issue..I utilize many DJI items, and can state I've never had an issue caused by another FW refresh.
2018-11-29
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-20 10:57
Regional regulatory stuff is best avoided in my view

Not really it just means that your insurance is likely to be invalidated.

Also due to stupid people doing silly things like ignoring NFZ's and regulations the regulations just get stricter and one day you will get caught.

Whilst many see DJI drones as "toys" they are becoming seen as "aircraft" by the authorities and treated as such.   SO you have to fly responsibly.

2018-11-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JAgraphics Posted at 11-30 23:56
Not really it just means that your insurance is likely to be invalidated.

Also due to stupid people doing silly things like ignoring NFZ's and regulations the regulations just get stricter and one day you will get caught.

Total Nonsense about the insurance being invalid unless there is a specific clause stating this will be the case
2018-12-3
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-3 14:24
Total Nonsense about the insurance being invalid unless there is a specific clause stating this will be the case

I think you will find all flight insurance won't cover you from illegally flying in a prohibited airspace.  
I haven't seen any that does.
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

some people in some countries flying with certain certifications and as a requirement of some insurance companies MUST be running the latest firmwares or if in an accident they will be charged with not properly maintaining their aircraft, cited for pilot error or worse reckless operation and in the case of an incident or accident and and will be held responsible and denied insurance cover in many cases
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

speaking of

iOS 4.3.8 released today.. here we go again not weeks after the last GREAT release that had issues...

enjoy ....
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 11-20 03:17
Whether you want to update or not is up to each person. But sometimes updates are crucial for the aircraft's safety. Take for example the latest FW for M200 and I2 that solved a serious battery issue..I use a lot of different DJI products, and can say I've never had a problem caused by a new FW update.

and most of the times due to DJI completely inadequate release notes you really never know

1 what the release is actually fixing

2 what modules or characteristics are really being changed..

2018-12-4
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I buy a quad from dji, I never update firmware unless I’m having an issue or for new features and that’s only if DJI doesn’t pull a fast one and cut performance to offset a pointless motor overload warning.....
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is it just me or do I see the same people complaining and whinging about updates, it’s simple don’t update.
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 05:35
Is it just me or do I see the same people complaining and whinging about updates, it’s simple don’t update.

and the troll speaks.....
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 05:45

Told you before STOP TROLLING ME , your a nasty piece of work, you’ve been around here a couple of months and spent much of it insulting people, here’s just one instance among many.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 338&pid=1648019

I don’t think you would have been happy if members of this forum showed you the same level of ignorance that you showed this member, but if they did it wouldn’t be out of line particularly in your case.

Now stop trolling.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 12-4 06:33
If your only intention is to provoke other members then I suggest you find yourself another forum. This is a forum where members can contribute with constructive and positive contributions. From what I see from this thread and your other replies; it is not in your interest.[view_image]

Person pointing out problems can be helpful, and has been in numerous cases. Problems and issues should not be buried simply because it upsets a DJI cheer-leader.  

Especially one cheer-leader that has been allowed to repeatedly violate forum rules, which based on a Admin's PM, should have gotten cheer-leader associated account terminated.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If all is working ok for you and you are happy with your setup....... Dont update anything.

Good advice as having been down that path AND seeing how DJI's new NFZ software & database is causing pilots problems.  One should be able to at least over-ride that Lock-out to fly inside their own house for testing (or whatever purpose) they choose.  

2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If your only intention is to provoke other members then I suggest you find yourself another forum. This is a forum where members can contribute with constructive and positive contributions. From what I see from this thread and your other replies; it is not in your interest.[view_image]

I think you will find that both these guys do exactly the same all over this forum, this guy HT has been continually warned for trolling but can’t help himself.
He has broke most of the rules on this forum is not interested in anyone else, spends his time on forums where he doesn’t even have the craft simply to try create hysteria.

I find it extraordinary that both have exactly same problems with their craft firmware software and can be found piggybacking to try and knock other members .

Most extraordinary thing is they sign in at almost exactly the same times everyday.
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 06:16
Told you before STOP TROLLING ME , your a nasty piece of work, you’ve been around here a couple of months and spent much of it insulting people, here’s just one instance among many.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=172338&pid=1648019

you are really a piece of work...

I make a comment on this thread.. you come onto this thread trolling me... I call you out on it.. and you think I am trolling you

grow up clown
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
United States

If your only intention is to provoke other members then I suggest you find yourself another forum. This is a forum where members can contribute with constructive and positive contributions. From what I see from this thread and your other replies; it is not in your interest.[view_image]

so I suppose that when I come on a thread and make a productive comment .. with facts and  detail as I did today..

and hallmark in his infinite irritation .. follows me over here just to downgrade my post.. every post...

then posts this...

"  
Is it just me or do I see the same people complaining and whinging about updates, it’s simple don’t update.  "

i suppose thats not trolling..

mind your own business

2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 08:12

I make a comment on this thread.. you come onto this thread trolling me... I call you out on it.. and you think I am trolling you

There you go again trolling.

I noticed you mentioned nothing about how with your ignorance you treat other members here.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 08:08
I think you will find that both these guys do exactly the same all over this forum, this guy HT has been continually warned for trolling but can’t help himself.
He has broke most of the rules on this forum is not interested in anyone else, spends his time on forums where he doesn’t even have the craft simply to try create hysteria.

Here is DJI's Cheer-Leading Hypocrite TROLL.  See folks it is okay for him to say anything NEGATIVE he wants, but not for anyone else here.

Looks like Europeans may not receive before Christmas
It looks like Europe will not receive before Christmas , dji seem to  have ditched European customers in favour of US customers and US stores.  I for one am disappointed that this was not mentioned previous to  ordering, underhand by dji .

10 working days to US customers and stores 20 Days to Europe and this includes personal customers who purchased from dji.com

2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-4 08:59
Here is DJI's Cheer-Leading Hypocrite TROLL.  See folks it is okay for him to say anything NEGATIVE he wants, but not for anyone else here.

Again your trolling I have reported you, 4321 wait for your lackeys to jump in.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 08:28
There you go again trolling.

I noticed you mentioned nothing about how with your ignorance you treat other members here.

Following quote from DJI's cheer-leading hypocrite Troll.  Demonstrating how he intellectually and respectfully treats others here.

hallmark007 - ''OMG please put that away it’s the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen dji  designers will be turning in their graves, I’m not sure if a 6 month old  child  sh#t all over it, or somebody puked their ring up on it,
You will never have any problem with manned aircraft with that thing  that can be spotted from the moon, I think the fact that you posted that  I cannot take anything you say seriously.
Kermit the frog with 118 deg temperature spare any other members having to look at it, take it down.
''

2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 08:12

hallmark007 is a total Hypocrite.  He accuses others of doing what he does - Trolling.

Several examples, of his Trolling taken from first 23 of 47 replies on first page of my own Thread: RC failed FW update from .0400 to .0500 - Assistant won't connect

hallmark007 - ''Why can you not just put u your case number, then we can all see what  dji said your problem was, I’m getting sick of you asking others to show  their case numbers yet you are pretty shy about revealing yours, you  are perhaps the only member here to show these problems with Mavic Pro  or Mavic Pro P , don’t keep asking others for logs case numbers when you  seem to shy away from it yourself, I’m sure your case study would be  very helpful to others, but I’m certain we won’t see it,''

hallmark007 - ''They’re he goes again , same person who keeps asking all to reveal there  logs they’re case number, but when asked he tries to fudge everything,  nobody has had more problems with their craft than hedgetrimmer but he  seems happy to sort his own problems, does he have a case number Well we  shall see, as far as I’m concerned he’s just Bull Shi##ing everyone  here, if he can’t come up with the case number he’s just a bull Shi##et,  he spends all his time on this forum asking others for proof, I’m  calling his bluff now and asking him to provide proof, if he doesn’t  provide it then it’s clear that his thread is just Bullsh#t''

hallmark007 - ''Well we all know now, this thread and the other thread on here, are  completely fabricated by hedgetrimmer, that’s what he does around here,  Mr Loose Cannon, your exposed now, always asking others for proof,but  when it comes to showing your own proof, your again found wanting, and  why, because you made the whole thing up, and the fact that nobody  responds to these ridiculous threads shows that others have you well  sussed out.''

hallmark007 - ''You posted 3 times you sent your drone in twice for new ciccuit board  and twice for RC boards, all fake posts, no case numbers ,bunch of lies.''

hallmark007 - ''Still no case numbers because there are no case numbers, now troll  you’ve been found out to be a liar and a fake. Do me a favour go troll  someone else, nobody is interested in this or any other thread you post  full of fake Sh”t .''

See entire Thread if you want to see hallmark007 p0wn himself.

2018-12-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 05:45

Grow up. Calling a person a troll just because they don't agree with you is quite pathetic
2018-12-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 04:57
some people in some countries flying with certain certifications and as a requirement of some insurance companies MUST be running the latest firmwares or if in an accident they will be charged with not properly maintaining their aircraft, cited for pilot error or worse reckless operation and in the case of an incident or accident and and will be held responsible and denied insurance cover in many cases

Think about what you just wrote and you will see how stupid it is
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-4 09:35
hallmark007 is a total Hypocrite.  He accuses others of doing what he does - Trolling.

Several examples, of his Trolling taken from first 23 of 47 replies on first page of my own Thread: RC failed FW update from .0400 to .0500 - Assistant won't connect

You’ve made it pretty clear to everyone that you are the troll around here, as well as being continually warned by Admin, you continue with your lackeys to troll, this had nothing to do with you, everyone is big enough around here to look after themselves, but you keep jumping to try cause as much trouble as you can.

I will not have anything to do with you, I continue to ask you to stop your ridiculous and childish going on, and will continue to report your trolling
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 08:08

hallmark007 - Most extraordinary thing is they sign in at almost exactly the same times everyday.

News flash hallmark007 - Concidentially, we both live in United  States!  We may even live in same TimeZones in United States.  OMG, similar hours!

As for hypocrite Troll with at least TWO accounts.  Accounts he has admitted to having and trying to pass-off as needed...

Below, hallmark007 making mistake of replying with his High(s)king account in a response to Edison replying to hallmark007.

HIghsking-outing-himself_Hallmark_2018-09-07 at 4.00.51 PM.jpg
Link to Thread, which is now missing Highsking's (aka hallmark007's) reply.  

hallmark007 has been going back and deleting all of his posts as High(s)king (changed account name); in attemptted cover-up.
Take note that Post #s have now changed because of hallmark007 deleted his High(s)king replies and threads.

Problem for hallmark007 is he can't delete Edison's quoted reply and hallmark007 can't delete saved ScreenSnap shots.

2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-4 09:38
Grow up. Calling a person a troll just because they don't agree with you is quite pathetic

Has nothing to do with ''don't agree''.  

hallmark007 is known hypocrite Troll.  He has acknowledging having at least TWO accounts here.  Two accounts he has used to Troll and attack members here.  

Why DJI continues to allow him to have and use both Accounts, after DJI Admin saying it would be dealt, begs question of what is his relationship with DJI?!   Why DJI continues to allow him to Troll and Trash others also begs same question.
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-4 10:08
hallmark007 - Most extraordinary thing is they sign in at almost exactly the same times everyday.

Would you say it was a coincidence that two people in different time zones sign in within a few minutes of each other for two weeks, maybe you should do the lottery.

I have said why I had this second account, I have asked 5 times for this account to be deleted, in fact under GDPR having asked for this information to be deleted, dji are acting illegally .
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 10:17
Would you say it was a coincidence that two people in different time zones sign in within a few minutes of each other for two weeks, maybe you should do the lottery.

I have said why I had this second account, I have asked 5 times for this account to be deleted, in fact under GDPR having asked for this information to be deleted, dji are acting illegally .

Being, you have a track history of making False accusations, Bogus claims, and Lying!

Back-up your accusation or claim with PROOF!
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-4 10:16
Has nothing to do with ''don't agree''.  

hallmark007 is known hypocrite Troll.  He has acknowledging having at least TWO accounts here.  Two accounts he has used to Troll and attack members here.  

You are the real troll here, I have explained when you were attacking me by personal message, that I had asked for this account that was opened for very good reason to be deleted, but your continued ranting just shows how obsessed with me you really are . Your just a troll .
2018-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-4 10:24
Being, you have a track history of making False accusations, Bogus claims, and Lying!

Back-up your accusation or claim with PROOF!

You didn’t answer the question , I’ll put it another way to you.
Would you not think it’s more than coincidental that two people from different time zones sign in here at almost exactly the same time everyday for two weeks, just answer the question.
2018-12-4
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-4 10:17

I have said why I had this second account,

''why'' was dispelled with fact we all got same DJI Email; coupled with your attempts to SPIN, Twist, and Deny your way out past the dispelled ''why''.

For the record, even if ''why'' had have been true.  It does not in anyway justify you using your Highking account to Pat youself on the Back, Assail others, and vote more than once to Rig Poll results.  

2018-12-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules