Android devices
2383 16 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans97c5707a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 988 ft
Spain

Are you planning in update the compatible device list for Android users?
I can't believe, that a tablet like the Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch is not in that list and has lots of problems. (in my case, not connectint to the Mavic)

I want to use a small Android tablet. NOT OSX tablet. NOT android smartphone.

thanks
2018-11-20
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Did you try to use it?
2018-11-20
Use props
fans97c5707a
lvl.2
Spain

Yes.

I never get connection between the APP and the controller.
Tested with different cables, different boot order.
With my Note4 works fine, but i want something bigger.

2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI's list of supported mobile devices is short and rarely sees updates. You can find other mobile devices people are using here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

The current list of most popular mobile devices can be found here.

2018-11-20
Use props
fans97c5707a
lvl.2
Spain

Thanks for your answer,  but i can't believe, that many people is having this issue from LONG time now, and DJI didn't solve it!!!!
Hardware and software changes very fast, but dji goes too slow.
I could understand it, if you sell a product where the APP is just a fancy option, but in this case, the APP is a must have for every user, and is unacceptable that DJI devices compatibility list is limitted to a bunch of mobiles.
2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's not really a problem at all. You just need to use a modern mobile device and make sure it's set up properly. The tips in these guides will help with that:

2018-11-20
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

By all measurements, the Galaxy Tab S2 is a "modern mobile device". It's newer and has better specs than many of the devices on DJI's official list of compatible devices. It came out in 2015, the same year as the current iPad mini 4.

I agree with the OP on this one. The S2 tablet works great with the controller for the Mavic Air. It doesn't work at all with the Mavic Pro or Mavic 2 Pro controller. I've followed all of the step-by-step guides I could find, but the controller for the Mavic Pro and 2 Pro just won't reliably connect to that tablet.
2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2015 really isn't what I was thinking of when I said "modern" above. In about a month, it'll be 2019

Some mobile devices don't work well for some reason. I can only assume there is some kind of issue with the mobile device firmware and/or the way it interacts with the OS.
2018-11-20
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

Yes, 2015 was a few years ago, but as I said, it's newer and has better specs than many of the devices on their officially supported list so you can't blame this on being an "old" device.

I'm a software dev and we need to make sure our apps work on every device that runs a supported OS. If we don't do that, people don't use our apps. "Some mobile devices don't work well for some reason" is not a valid excuse we can use for shoddy programming.

Unfortunately, as DJI drone users, we don't have the choice not to use their app.  DJI has the resources to fix this. They should be able to figure this out.
2018-11-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I hear you. I'm a software dev myself. While it would be awesome to see DJI GO run flawlessly on every mobile device on the planet (a developer's dream), I don't know that such an achievement is high up on DJI's to do list.

If you absolutely must use a mobile device that doesn't work well with DJI GO, you could fly with Litchi.
2018-11-20
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

Galaxy Tab S2 8" is still on sale in Samsung web site, since they didn't develop new 8" models.
Galaxy Note4 is older, and is in the compatibility list.
2018-11-20
Use props
larryc43230
lvl.4
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

I've used a Galaxy Tab S2 8 inch for the past three months with my Mavic Air, and it's worked perfectly pretty much every time for more than 100 flights.

This is the boot order I use:

• Turn on the remote control.
  • Turn on the drone.
  • Make sure the remote control is not yet connected to the tablet via USB.
  • Turn on the tablet.
  • AFTER the home screen is displayed on the tablet (i.e., the tablet has completely booted up), connect the USB cable between the remote control and the tablet. I use the bottom connector on the remote and not the side connector (though I can't swear it makes any difference; I go with what works).
  • Launch the DJI GO 4 app.

At that point, the app will display "Connected" in the lower left corner, and I can fly the drone. There have been a couple of times when, for some unknown reason, something or other doesn't connect. When that happens, I simply turn everything off and repeat the sequence. I've never had a case when the second attempt has failed.

Larry
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this inquiry with us today. DJI recommends using a mobile device which is listed in the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro for compatibility and reliability on both the drone and the DJI Go 4 application. For additional reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro. In addition our DJI R&D team are continuously testing other mobile devices to be included on the said list. Thank you for your support.

2018-11-20
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

Really!!???

Dji Mavic was released in 2016, and is this your complete device list after 2 years!!!!????

There are no Android tablets in your list.

The TAB S2 i'm using, was manufactured in 2017.

You sell pro or semi-pro products, not toys.

2018-11-21
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

I use Xiaomi MI pad 4 8 inch, with the mavic 2 pro, fit to the remote mount without any adapter.
Great tablet, cheap and storng  hardware.
The tablet not on the list but working graet
https://youtu.be/sO0LTSzfVWI
2018-11-21
Use props
Bikutoru
lvl.2
Spain

I tested all kind of boot combinations, and none of them worked for me.
Today i downgraded to Marshmallow (i was in Nougat), and now it works, but only turning on the tablet, once the Mavic and controller are ON, and the cable connected.

Didn't test it in fly, i will do it on sunday, but unless i can connect now.

Anyway, i think DJI should work harder in software, since most of their products doesn't work or work with limitations, without it.

Just my opinion.

Thank you all for your support.
2018-11-21
Use props
DR1104
lvl.1

United States

Anyone happen to use a Sony Android phone? I want to buy one of these Drones, but I have a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. Anyone happen to know if its compatible?
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules