Magnetic interference
1020 12 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamgar
lvl.2
United States

I travel with my drone and everytime I turn it on after I get somewhere I get a mag interference message on the controller.  Then if I let it sit there long enough I'll get the home point had been updated.
I've tried to do the compass calibration, and it still shows up.  Any idea why I would be getting this message?
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please make sure to fly your drone in a wide-open area with no electromagnetic interference. Minimize interference by avoiding areas with high level of electromagnetism such as locations near power lines, base stations, electrical substations, and broadcasting towers. I suggest you try to test it again in a different location so we can check. Thank you.
2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If you do a compass calibration does magnetic interference problem go away for flight / location you are currently at?
2018-11-20
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me a few times. I turn it off and back on and is okay. The first time it happened to me I was inside my truck when I got the first notice
2018-11-20
Use props
Jamgar
lvl.2
United States

I would attempt the compass calibration and it would get stuck, I would continue to turn the drone in the direction it showed but nothing would happen.  I was outside away from buildings too.  Thanks for the input.

Jimmy
2018-11-20
Use props
NickLiUpair
lvl.1
China

MarkMarkMark
2018-11-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

NickNickNick
2018-11-20
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Are u wearing an applewatch? Android wear or anything with bluetooth. If so turn it off and keep wifi off too
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jamgar Posted at 11-20 19:06
I would attempt the compass calibration and it would get stuck, I would continue to turn the drone in the direction it showed but nothing would happen.  I was outside away from buildings too.  Thanks for the input.

Jimmy

Hi, sorry for the uneasiness of the compass calibration.  I would like to ask if you're near to any metal object? You could follow as well the recommendation on post #8 for better calibration. If you're calibrating in a recommended environment I would like to ask if it's occurring on your both aircraft? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing.. Please send for a check. let the technician advise. I do had the problems. sometime the downward sensor error. need to change the whole hardware. i change the downward motherboard. the problems solve.
2018-11-24
Use props
zappy54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

I seem to get the mag interference message sometimes if I turn on the AC before the RC
2018-11-24
Use props
NickLiUpair
lvl.1
China

Hedge?Hi ,bother
2018-11-26
Use props
NickLiUpair
lvl.1
China

Hedge?Hi ,brother