Mavic Air with Android
2409 9 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

shortly to upgrade from my Spark to the 'Air' but concerned that I will need an android device with at least 4gb ram - I'm currently using my nexus 7 (2nd gen 2 gb ram) with my Spark and all works perfectly - had difficulty with the initial connection but after downgrading to 4.1.15 all has worked perfectly
Nexus 7 (2nd gen 2 gb ram) and the 'Air', is it going to work ?

thanks  

2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Just to let you know, that the Nexus 7 device is not fully compatible with the Mavic Air I highly recommend you to use a compatible device when using the Mavic Pro. Here are the listed devices that are compatible with your drone. Please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-11-20
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi. At my knowledge almost any android device with 3gb and up ram is able to run the Go4. The matter usualy is the android version. Avoid the android 7 (Nugat) and if you planning to use a Xiaomi device avoid Miui9.
The problem with devices coming mostly by the phone settings. The Go4 is a top demanding app, that uses a lot of system capabilities, so many devices hed been set so that they don't let the app to run smoothly. Less issues are coming from IOS sofware and i believe Dji has create the Go4 app in this manner. I am using a Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3gb ram rooted with Magisk using android OREO and MIUI10 and the Go4 runs perfect. Before that i've been using an LG L90 with 2gb ram in android 5 lollipop and i also had no problem at all. Have nice flights
2018-11-23
Use props
fanse38229a8
New

Monk32 Posted at 2018-11-23 05:48
Hi. At my knowledge almost any android device with 3gb and up ram is able to run the Go4. The matter usualy is the android version. Avoid the android 7 (Nugat) and if you planning to use a Xiaomi device avoid Miui9.
The problem with devices coming mostly by the phone settings. The Go4 is a top demanding app, that uses a lot of system capabilities, so many devices hed been set so that they don't let the app to run smoothly. Less issues are coming from IOS sofware and i believe Dji has create the Go4 app in this manner. I am using a Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3gb ram rooted with Magisk using android OREO and MIUI10 and the Go4 runs perfect. Before that i've been using an LG L90 with 2gb ram in android 5 lollipop and i also had no problem at all. Have nice flights

Thanks for the info. I’ve just bought a generic Android Tablet with lots of speed & memory and, I believe an up to date OS. Is it possible to load an OS that will accept Go4 ?
2019-9-7
Use props
fanse38229a8
New

Monk32 Posted at 2018-11-23 05:48

Thanks for the info. I’ve just bought a generic Android Tablet with lots of speed & memory and, I believe an up to date OS. Is it possible to load an OS that will accept Go4 ?
2019-9-7
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft

They must mean 4Gb storage, I've used Go 4 on a nexus 5 (2Gb of ram) and it works flawlessly.

2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse38229a8 Posted at 9-7 22:20

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Using a different mobile device that is not part of our recommended devices doesn't mean that the application wouldn't work. The DJI Go 4 app may run smoothly due to the capability of the phone or tablet, however, since it hasn't tested by our designated department, the application's behavior may change especially if there's a firmware or application update. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-9-8
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft

SoLongAsHdwrSoftWareResourceAdequateAndReadyToServiceYouWillBeOkay
ThingIsMostFolksAreUnAbleToPromote&AchieveSaidAdequacy

ItChangesOnTheFlyGraduallyUnNoticedThenSurpriseYouGottaTroubleshootHowCome

Yes, life is complicated indeed

It be easier promoting known successful hdwr by explicit processor kind and throughput capacity, amongst the other resources as buffering between tiered speeds for enjoining more hdwr and stowing reposits
2019-9-8
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft

fanse38229a8 Posted at 9-7 22:20

sorry for the delayed answer....I really don't know about OS. I've heard that there is a compatibility issue with OS systems, but I am not the best to give advise on that.
2019-9-25
Use props
fansaebdc2f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72060 ft

I use a samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017 T350, 2 gig of ram. no issues at all
2019-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules