Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Warranty repair complaint
2464 24 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TTharrett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22884 ft
United States

CAS-2445263-Q0M6T0 - I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum through AMAZON from SSE Electronics on 26 January 2018. I first flew the drone on 18 February 2018 and noted there was severe jello effect. The video was unwatchable. I contacted Amazon about the problem and requested a replacement drone. Amazon replied that since the drone was purchased from a third party seller (SSE Electronics) I would have to contact them for a replacement or a refund. I contacted SSE Electronics via email which I have a copy and they told me any return would incur a restocking fee anywhere between 20 to 50%. Since I paid almost 1400 for the drone I considered that ridiculous. I tried several trouble shooting techniques which resulted in the drone working better but still not perfect. At this time I put the Drone away and was getting ready to contact DJI for a return/repair but was then deployed to Saudi Arabia. Upon return I tried the drone again on 18 November. There were no other flights on the drone between 22 February until 18 November 2018. On 18 November 2018 during flight, i noticed the jello effect was still present and the video would not keep focus. I contacted DJI via chat and was told to send the drone to DJI for repair. Upon received and assessing the drone I just received an invoice amounting to $225.00. The flight records of the drone can be checked by DJI to show the flight dates and times. If they check they will note the drone was not flown from February to November 2018. I have records of all emails sent to Amazon and SSE identifying the problem in February 2018 which was less than a month of purchasing the drone. I am confident the drone was received in a defective condition. I contacted DJI about the invoice asking the repair fee be waived as a result of the defective drone. I am awaiting their decision. I did send an email and they said the were reviewing my request (14749090.

I will say the repair request is being done in a quick and satisfactory manner except for the repair fee which I believe should be waived.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Terry, we are sorry for your unpleasant experience. I was able to check the case and it appears that you are being charged due to warranty policy. But before anything else, can you please confirm if you were able to report this directly to DJI when the gimbal camera was still within 6 months warrant period? If not, I'm afraid you need to settle the invoice in order to have it repaired.

Please note that the warranty period for different products and parts vary, please check  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer  to verify the duration of the warranty for your particular product or parts.
2018-11-20
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-20 12:53
Hi Terry, we are sorry for your unpleasant experience. I was able to check the case and it appears that you are being charged due to warranty policy. But before anything else, can you please confirm if you were able to report this directly to DJI when the gimbal camera was still within 6 months warrant period? If not, I'm afraid you need to settle the invoice in order to have it repaired.

Please note that the warranty period for different products and parts vary, please check  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer  to verify the duration of the warranty for your particular product or parts.

Hi Diana,

I am unable to read the complete email for some reason.  I reported the initial issue of the bad jello effect to amazon and SSE.  I just wanted to replace the Drone and I was told that there would be 20 to 50 percent restocking fee from SSE.  That would have been between 280 to 700 dollars for a defective drone.  I did not want to waste that kink of money on a product that was less than a month old.  I did do a bit of troubleshooting and the Jello effect was not as bad a it was at first.  This was around 22 February 2018.  The drone was less than 1 month old at the time.  Since I was not receiving any help from Amazon or SSE I boxed up the drone and was going to send it to DJI.  I never got the chance since I was deployed and knew I would not be available to receive back the drone.  I flew it again around the 18th of November as I thought maybe the cold weather from February might have affected the drone.  When I flew in November i discovered the drone was still malfunctioning.  There were no flights with the Drone from 22 Feb - 18 Nov 18.   It was apparent that I had received a defective Drone and that was the problem.  It was then I contacted DJI Support (Chat), and described the problem.  I was told my drone was still under warranty and to send for repairs.  Since the drone was received defective it should be repaired at no cost.  

I have copies of the emails I had with amazon and SSE back in February which identified the problem and the request for a replacement drone or a refund.
2018-11-20
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-20 12:53

I hope you guys are able to make an exception for OP. If he can show he was in contact with the seller and Amazon within the warranty period thay should still count considering the situation and all.

I would think with that evidence and considering OP was deployed for the military, andnunable to file his claim, this would qualify as an exception to the warranty rule
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-20 14:41
Hi Diana,

I am unable to read the complete email for some reason.  I reported the initial issue of the bad jello effect to amazon and SSE.  I just wanted to replace the Drone and I was told that there would be 20 to 50 percent restocking fee from SSE.  That would have been between 280 to 700 dollars for a defective drone.  I did not want to waste that kink of money on a product that was less than a month old.  I did do a bit of troubleshooting and the Jello effect was not as bad a it was at first.  This was around 22 February 2018.  The drone was less than 1 month old at the time.  Since I was not receiving any help from Amazon or SSE I boxed up the drone and was going to send it to DJI.  I never got the chance since I was deployed and knew I would not be available to receive back the drone.  I flew it again around the 18th of November as I thought maybe the cold weather from February might have affected the drone.  When I flew in November i discovered the drone was still malfunctioning.  There were no flights with the Drone from 22 Feb - 18 Nov 18.   It was apparent that I had received a defective Drone and that was the problem.  It was then I contacted DJI Support (Chat), and described the problem.  I was told my drone was still under warranty and to send for repairs.  Since the drone was received defective it should be repaired at no cost.  

We are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced. We hope you understand that we are also following our After-sales Policy which indicated that each product has its own warranty period. But don't worry, we will try to escalate this issue and we will forward your case to the higher team in order to review and contact you after 1 - 2 business days. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope for your patience.
2018-11-20
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-20 15:20
We are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced. We hope you understand that we are also following our After-sales Policy which indicated that each product has its own warranty period. But don't worry, we will try to escalate this issue and we will forward your case to the higher team in order to review and contact you after 1 - 2 business days. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope for your patience.

Diana,

Every policy can have an exception.  If I wasn't deployed overseas to support our freedom, I would have been able to get the drone shipped to DJI  when I initially noted there was problems.  I hope DJI will grant my request for the waiver.  I can't understand why the issue wasn't discover before shipping to SSE.  It makes me question quality control of the product.  I worked for 25 years in a retail organization and we always tried to make the customer happy.  We had a very liberal return policy and that helped us gain more customers.  I understand DJI has a warranty policy but if the technicians looked at the flight records of the drone they would see it was only flown on the 22nd of Feb and not again until 18 November.  If I would have had the opportunity I would have sent it back in February, however I did not.  I hope DJI can understand this.  
2018-11-20
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

HedsIc Posted at 11-20 14:52
I hope you guys are able to make an exception for OP. If he can show he was in contact with the seller and Amazon within the warranty period thay should still count considering the situation and all.

I would think with that evidence and considering OP was deployed for the military, andnunable to file his claim, this would qualify as an exception to the warranty rule

Hedsic,

Thanks for chiming in on this.  I hope DJI will consider my request waiver.  As a multimillion dollar company I believe they could make an exception based on the situation.  Just have to wait on the outcome.  
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-20 15:39
Diana,

Every policy can have an exception.  If I wasn't deployed overseas to support our freedom, I would have been able to get the drone shipped to DJI  when I initially noted there was problems.  I hope DJI will grant my request for the waiver.  I can't understand why the issue wasn't discover before shipping to SSE.  It makes me question quality control of the product.  I worked for 25 years in a retail organization and we always tried to make the customer happy.  We had a very liberal return policy and that helped us gain more customers.  I understand DJI has a warranty policy but if the technicians looked at the flight records of the drone they would see it was only flown on the 22nd of Feb and not again until 18 November.  If I would have had the opportunity I would have sent it back in February, however I did not.  I hope DJI can understand this.

Hi TTharrett, Diana has escalated your situation and frustration to the higher team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you in working hours for further communication, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-11-21
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 02:06
Hi TTharrett, Diana has escalated your situation and frustration to the higher team to follow up, we will have someone to contact you in working hours for further communication, please wait patiently, thank you.

I have not heard from anyone today.  Any idea on how long this is going to take?  I would like to get my drone back soon.  

2018-11-21
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-21 13:20
I have not heard from anyone today.  Any idea on how long this is going to take?  I would like to get my drone back soon.

I just found out from Technical Support Technician (Lance) that DJI will not waive the repair fee even though I  explained extenuating circumstances why the drone was not sent to DJI during the warranty period.  It is hard to send a drone located in the US while in deployment.  This company has no compassion for their customers.  I will never purchase another drone from this company.  I had good experiences with a P3S and P3P and led me to purchase the MP1.  I now realize DJI does not care about customer loyalty.  I hope everyone who  reads the experience I and others have had with DJI customer service and it steers them away from this company.  They are quick to take our money but don't want to offer customer support; often looking for reasons to deny warranty repairs.   
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-21 14:01
I just found out from Technical Support Technician (Lance) that DJI will not waive the repair fee even though I  explained extenuating circumstances why the drone was not sent to DJI during the warranty period.  It is hard to send a drone located in the US while in deployment.  This company has no compassion for their customers.  I will never purchase another drone from this company.  I had good experiences with a P3S and P3P and led me to purchase the MP1.  I now realize DJI does not care about customer loyalty.  I hope everyone who  reads the experience I and others have had with DJI customer service and it steers them away from this company.  They are quick to take our money but don't want to offer customer support; often looking for reasons to deny warranty repairs.

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been experiencing and if the resolution did not meet your expectation. We hope you can understand that each electronic device has its limited warranty period which is somehow enough for the user to maintain the unit's life to last for several years. Please also note that when you purchase DJI Product, you agreed on the After-sales policy that we have. Once again, sorry for this situation but every company has its own rules and policy, we appreciate your understanding.
2018-11-21
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-21 14:01

Tired of the BS.  I am tired of all the BS about taking to higher management for resolution etc.  I have paid the repair fee and expect my drone to be shipped back to me ASAP.  All I can say is there  had better not be any more issues as the drone was practically new when sent in.  I have learned from this experience never to purchase a DJI product ever again.  DJI customer support only gives you lip service while at the same time looking for any way to deny any warranty claim.  I feel this repair fee was unjust and I should not be responsible for it.  All I can say is your company provides sorry customer service.  Nuff said!
2018-11-21
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-21 16:31
Tired of the BS.  I am tired of all the BS about taking to higher management for resolution etc.  I have paid the repair fee and expect my drone to be shipped back to me ASAP.  All I can say is there  had better not be any more issues as the drone was practically new when sent in.  I have learned from this experience never to purchase a DJI product ever again.  DJI customer support only gives you lip service while at the same time looking for any way to deny any warranty claim.  I feel this repair fee was unjust and I should not be responsible for it.  All I can say is your company provides sorry customer service.  Nuff said!

I just received the following message from Lance at Technical Support.  

Lance (Support)
Nov 23, 03:38 CST

Hello Terry,

Thank you for responding.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you. I do understand your frustration and this certainly not we want our customer to experience and the last thing we do not want to happen is to lose our loyal customers like you. In line with this, I have escalated your concern to a higher support for further assistance. Here is your case number for reference CAS-2505066-T8N4W9. A thorough investigation will be conducted by the respective team to have this sorted out with the best possible solution.

We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this matter.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Lance
DJI Technical Support
http://www.dji.com/support
Youtube:
http://s.dji.com/Youtube-DJI

Looks like they changed my Case number for some reason but  the new case number cannot be located in the repair status system.  I do not know what is going on.  I sent a message back to him letting him know I had already paid the invoice fee; but the only acceptable solution  to me was to refund the fee of $225.00 that I paid.  Also I would like my drone repaired and sent back ASAP.  After I paid the fee I see it went to repair status.  I really don't know what is going on as DJI  first said they would consider my waiver of the invoice fee and then denied it.  Now they are sending it to "higher authority" for a decision again.  I don't know if this is more lip service or not.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-22 12:01

Hi TTharrett, apologies for the confusion. Please disregard the new case number CAS-2505066-T8N4W9 provided by Lance. Please be informed that we do not change any repair case number of yours, it maybe updated but it will still fall under original repair case for your Mavic Pro Platinum which ends with "Q0M6T0"
2018-11-22
Use props
HedsIc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-22 13:39
Hi TTharrett, apologies for the confusion. Please disregard the new case number CAS-2505066-T8N4W9 provided by Lance. Please be informed that we do not change any repair case number of yours, it maybe updated but it will still fall under original repair case for your Mavic Pro Platinum which ends with "Q0M6T0"

I will be sharing this thread and story with some of our local drone groups. We have a lot of veterans and active military members that are in to drones in the groups and I think It's important for them to see just how a company like this treats our active duty members.  

This literally makes me sick to my stomach that DJI would behave this way. I get that anyone can say anything but the fact that the OP has proof the issue was reported BEFORE the warranty was up, to both the seller and Amazon and there is valid reason why it did not escalate further (Can't exactly tell Uncle Sam to wait)... This should be a no brainer warranty exception.

I've seen on different DJI Facebook pages where DJI has made exceptions for users who have fallen outside of the warranty period for far less of a reason than what the OP's reasons are for.

DJI Already has my money for my Mavic 2 Pro but this will most likely be the last DJI product I ever buy, even if that means I stick to ground photography instead of drone photography. This is probably one of the crappiest things I've seen a company do to a customer (in person anyway)

Shocked DJI would behave this way over a $250 repair (lets be honest, it's like a $10 repair for them).. DJI will probably boot me from the page for even saying it but I will never refer anyone to a DJI product ever again.

Seriously.. What the hell wrong with you guys?
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-22 12:01

Sorry for the inconvenience. We already checked you case and we will going to make a follow up to our respective department to make an action as soon as possible.Thank you.
2018-11-23
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-23 16:03
Sorry for the inconvenience. We already checked you case and we will going to make a follow up to our respective department to make an action as soon as possible.Thank you.

I received voice mail from some one named ART at a 732 (New Jersey Number)  He said it had to do with my complaint with DJI and that was it.  Said he would send an email.  I am still looking for a refund of my repair fee.  Still haven't received the email from ART either.  
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-23 16:51
I received voice mail from some one named ART at a 732 (New Jersey Number)  He said it had to do with my complaint with DJI and that was it.  Said he would send an email.  I am still looking for a refund of my repair fee.  Still haven't received the email from ART either.

The team will keep following up your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-11-24
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 01:54
The team will keep following up your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your understanding.

Looks like the repair is complete as I got a tracking number.  Still awaiting the decision on whether the repair fee will be refunded.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-26 12:49
Looks like the repair is complete as I got a tracking number.  Still awaiting the decision on whether the repair fee will be refunded.

Yes, the drone has been shipped out, we have informed the team to contact you as soon as possible about the refund issue that you mentioned, please wait patiently, thnk you.
2018-11-26
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-26 23:46
Yes, the drone has been shipped out, we have informed the team to contact you as soon as possible about the refund issue that you mentioned, please wait patiently, thnk you.

Your company is a piece of crap!!!!  Once again I was told my repair fee would not be refunded.  Since I am military I will be reporting my experience with your company to military organizations to inform them of the  BS customer service from DJI.  In doing so I will ensure all military members know what kind of service to expect from DJI.  If this puts a dent in your sales from the military it will serve a purpose.  I have also forwarded my complaint to the BBB.  I can't believe a multimillion dollar company quibbles over $225.00.  Additionally, I will be contacting New York State Attorney General Consumer affairs division along with the Texas Attorney General.  I have purchased a P3S, P3P and the Mavic Pro from you and was a loyal customer.  My relationship with your company has now ended! You show no empathy to your loyal customers.

2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 11-27 14:49
Your company is a piece of crap!!!!  Once again I was told my repair fee would not be refunded.  Since I am military I will be reporting my experience with your company to military organizations to inform them of the  BS customer service from DJI.  In doing so I will ensure all military members know what kind of service to expect from DJI.  If this puts a dent in your sales from the military it will serve a purpose.  I have also forwarded my complaint to the BBB.  I can't believe a multimillion dollar company quibbles over $225.00.  Additionally, I will be contacting New York State Attorney General Consumer affairs division along with the Texas Attorney General.  I have purchased a P3S, P3P and the Mavic Pro from you and was a loyal customer.  My relationship with your company has now ended! You show no empathy to your loyal customers.

TTharrett, we are so sorry that the final resolution by the higher team didn't meet your expectation, but we have policy need to follow up, appreciate your understanding. Please contact us timely if there is anything wrong with the drone in the future, thank you.
2018-11-28
Use props
TTharrett
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 02:09
TTharrett, we are so sorry that the final resolution by the higher team didn't meet your expectation, but we have policy need to follow up, appreciate your understanding. Please contact us timely if there is anything wrong with the drone in the future, thank you.

DJI comes up with every plausible reason not to pay for the warranty repair.  I purchased the drone from an authorized seller (SSE) through Amazon.  SSE is listed as an authorized seller.  I initiated a BBB Complaint and DJI is now saying they are not associated with the seller (SSE) or Amazon even though they list them on their site.  To all who read this, I would suggest not to buy any DJI product from an authorized seller.  If you do, it just gives DJI another venue to deny warranty repairs. DJI just totally amazes me!! .  
2018-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 12-10 06:33
DJI comes up with every plausible reason not to pay for the warranty repair.  I purchased the drone from an authorized seller (SSE) through Amazon.  SSE is listed as an authorized seller.  I initiated a BBB Complaint and DJI is now saying they are not associated with the seller (SSE) or Amazon even though they list them on their site.  To all who read this, I would suggest not to buy any DJI product from an authorized seller.  If you do, it just gives DJI another venue to deny warranty repairs. DJI just totally amazes me!! .

Hi TTharrett, we understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience caused. For the previously authorized dealers, DJI will still offer warranty service if the unit was bought before the cooperation ends and it is under warranty period. Also, the authorized dealers' information will be updated on our website regularly, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy Hope for your understanding.
2018-12-10
Use props
fansb0f26280
lvl.1
Flight distance : 909596 ft
United States

TTharrett@aol.com Posted at 2018-12-10 06:33
DJI comes up with every plausible reason not to pay for the warranty repair.  I purchased the drone from an authorized seller (SSE) through Amazon.  SSE is listed as an authorized seller.  I initiated a BBB Complaint and DJI is now saying they are not associated with the seller (SSE) or Amazon even though they list them on their site.  To all who read this, I would suggest not to buy any DJI product from an authorized seller.  If you do, it just gives DJI another venue to deny warranty repairs. DJI just totally amazes me!! .

Exactly how I feel they actually changed there answer when I showed proof the drone was fly in an open area with pictures and video not to mention flight logs with pictures took
2019-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules