An epilogue to Manufacture Defect
597 2 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e13e0df
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98179 ft
United States

So, this was my last post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172251-1-1.htmlread it for some context for what has happened. Alright, let's pick up from where we left off. Once I was told that my drone was long out of warranty, I talked to a DJI associate over the phone and I wanted to return my drone unrepaired because it wasn't in the 1 year warranty and I wanted to resolve the issue with my distributor. After I talked to the DJI associate over the phone, I noticed on my case that it was now preparing to ship and that it would take approximately 1-2 business days for the item to ship. So, I waited for about 3 days and still noticed that the case was exactly where it was, without any change. I contact DJI again over the phone and I explain to them my situation. They said that they would "Follow up" the case and that I should be receiving an email within 24-48 hours. So, I wait 24-48 hours again and check on my case, what do you know, the case is still exactly where it is. I contact DJI support AGAIN, and they told me that they would "Follow up" the case a second time. I grudgingly accept and she tells me the EXACT thing the other DJI support member told me. At this point, I'm pretty skeptical as to if they're actually doing something or just saying stuff so that the customer won't worry about it. I wait ANOTHER 24-48 hours of business days (Excluding Weekends) and contact DJI support again, surprise surprise, the associate tells me the EXACT SAME THING AS THE other 2 associates. This goes on for 2-3 WEEKS excluding weekends until last week when I got a call on Wednesday after posting on the forums my complaints. They said that they saw my forum post and they would look deeper into the case as to why I was told that the crash was user error when it was actually a manufacturer defect. They told me that I should expect a phone call or an email from DJI within "24-48 business hours". Of course, this time it was different and I actually thought they would do something. But nope, nothing happened, so on Friday, I call again and they tell me the same thing I was being told for the past 2-3 weeks! Being the idiot that I was, I waited the 24-48 business hours AGAIN. Nothing happened. This brings me today. I called DJI and they told me the same thing. At this point, it just feels like DJI just stole my drone. I waited 2-3 WEEKS just to be told the exact same thing over and over and over again. This is outrageous! I feel like I should get a free repair at this point because first of all, the crash was due to a manufacturer defect but since my drone was out of warranty, I accepted the fact that they wouldn't repair it. Another reason is that you guys have wasted soo much of my time making me call you just to be told the exact same thing over and over and over again. Or at least, if you couldn't do that, give me a discount on the repair! OR at the VERY VERY least SEND BACK MY DRONE! How hard is it to box up a drone and give it to UPS? Takes less than a hour. This is just ridiculous and I truly don't think I'm ever gonna get my drone back. I've read horror stories on these forums before but never believed them. This is just the WORST customer service I have ever seen in a multi-billion dollar company. I hope this gets to someone on DJI that can change the way customer support works, but it probably never will because they probably won't care. After all, I'm just one of the millions of people who buy these products.

My case number: CAS-2405073-K6M1R5

2018-11-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You should have come here sooner.  An administrator can help you more than anyone at customer service.
2018-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, your frustration has been escalated to the team again for a further following up, we will have someone to contact you in working hours for the next resolution, please wait patiently, and we will also keep an eye on it, thank you.
2018-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules