2211 36 2018-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

Video
My DJI Spark RC Left Phone Clamp is a little wobbly. It hasn't been much of a problem but since the warrenty is going to expire soon I might as well send it in for repairs. The warrenty is for one year, am I correct? I included a video of my issue. (If a DJI Asistent told me how to repair by myself so I didn't have to wait a month that would be helpful.)

2018-11-20
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

I had a similar issue with my remote but decided to try to repair it myself.
I watched a couple of videos about dis-assembling the remote and found it to be more difficult than depicted.

I managed to get it apart and found that a small bracket with a screw was cracked lose, and I broke it off taking it apart.
I am not sure how it could have gotten cracked in the first place, but I super-glued it back and re-assembled, and seems ok now.

Looking back, maybe a warranty repair, would have been better.
2018-11-20
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

ZarcTheSpark Posted at 11-20 21:14
I had a similar issue with my remote but decided to try to repair it myself.
I watched a couple of videos about dis-assembling the remote and found it to be more difficult than depicted.

Ok, I just need an dji assistant to respond to my post.
2018-11-20
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Saw it lately, perhaps it helps:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9&page=1#pid1643858

Edit: Or maybe not, 'cause you found it yourself first. Sorry!

2018-11-20
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Yes I did!
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jacob Williams. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Spark's remote controllers left clamp. Since this issue is happening with your remote controller the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help and repair just in case. Thank you.

2018-11-21
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I had this problem myself.

It’s not a terribly difficult job to fix. After removing the two hex bolts and two plastic end pieces, the toughest part is the removal of the rear plastic cover as this has a number of clips around the side. Once the cover is removed all you need is a small Philips screwdriver to tighten the screw on the brackets arm.

Once done the rear plastic cover push-fits back in place and the two small plastic end covers can be screwed back in.

Regards

Nidge.
2018-11-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 07:57
Hello and good day Jacob Williams. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Spark's remote controllers left clamp. Since this issue is happening with your remote controller the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help and repair just in case. Thank you.

[view_image]

Will the repair go under the warranty? I have not tampered with it at all.
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-21 14:10
Will the repair go under the warranty? I have not tampered with it at all.

Thank you for the reply. As long as our DJI Repair Team founds out after the analysis that the issue is under factory defect then yes the repair will be under warranty.
2018-11-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Ok, I live in the US in Redmond WA, how long will this process usually take?
2018-11-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 14:16
Thank you for the reply. As long as our DJI Repair Team founds out after the analysis that the issue is under factory defect then yes the repair will be under warranty.

I have another question; when your RC is around like 3 feet away from the Spark is the connection supposed to have 5 bars? I used to get 5 bars of connection when I was close to the drone, but know I don't. Does this mean the RC's antennas are somehow damaged? Should I put that under my case too?
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-21 18:18
I have another question; when your RC is around like 3 feet away from the Spark is the connection supposed to have 5 bars? I used to get 5 bars of connection when I was close to the drone, but know I don't. Does this mean the RC's antennas are somehow damaged? Should I put that under my case too?

Hi Jacob, sorry for all the trouble.  Yes, you can include that under your case so that they can check as well what is the main issue of you remote controller. May I know what mobile device and DJI Go 4 app version you are currently using? Thanks for your support.
2018-11-22
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

The Most updated DJI Version and a Smasung Tab S3
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-21 15:02
Ok, I live in the US in Redmond WA, how long will this process usually take?

Hi, We would like to inform you that the process of the repair on your remote controller would take approximately 8-10 business days excluding the shipping back and forth. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

For the antenna problem, if you found nothing wrong with the antennas would you fine me?
2018-11-23
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Are you going to answer my question DJI?
2018-11-27
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

I also have another question; my warranty expires on December 5th; Do I need to react a case before December 5th, or do you guys need the RC before December 5th at your repair center?
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-27 16:20
I also have another question; my warranty expires on December 5th; Do I need to react a case before December 5th, or do you guys need the RC before December 5th at your repair center?

Hi Jacob.  For as long as you have reported and open a claim before the warranty expires, we can check it on our system and consider the case. However, we still recommend to send the unit before the expiration of the warranty, this is to avoid any issues may occur due to the warranty policy.
2018-11-27
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

So I send my RC in immediately to not go over the warranty?
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-27 19:09
So I send my RC in immediately to not go over the warranty?

Yes, Jacob, that would be great, please start a ticket and send in the RC for evaluation at your earliest convenience, our repair center will get it addressed.
2018-11-27
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Ok, it is not that big of a deal and I would hate DJI for fining me for it not falling under the warranty, so I will not send my RC in.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-27 21:26
Ok, it is not that big of a deal and I would hate DJI for fining me for it not falling under the warranty, so I will not send my RC in.

If you are not satisfied with the resolution we provided, you can request to send back the device without repair. We can only tell if the warranty service can be provided after the evaluation by the team, appreciate your understanding.
2018-11-28
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-28 02:11
If you are not satisfied with the resolution we provided, you can request to send back the device without repair. We can only tell if the warranty service can be provided after the evaluation by the team, appreciate your understanding.

but then wouldn't i have to pay for shipping?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-28 13:38
but then wouldn't i have to pay for shipping?

Hi Jacob, this is to answer your follow up question to Mindy. Normally, customer should pay the $65 charge for assessment plus the shipping fee that is visible in our policy. But for one-time-courtesy, we can request to send it back to you If you do not agree to settle the invoice. However, this is only for customers within the United States.
2018-11-28
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

I live within the United States. So what you are saying to me is that I can send in my RC and if it doesn't fall under warranty, I can get it back for free and not have to pay the shipping fee?
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 11-28 18:54
I live within the United States. So what you are saying to me is that I can send in my RC and if it doesn't fall under warranty, I can get it back for free and not have to pay the shipping fee?

Hi Jacob, the designated team will take care of your case once they received the package and offer you a proper solution. In considering that the warranty period, we sincerely suggest you send it in at your earliest convenience, thank you!
2018-11-30
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 12-2 12:22

Hi Jacob, as mentioned on my previous reply. Normally, customer should pay the $65 charge for assessment plus the shipping fee that is visible in our policy. Since you are within United States, we can request to send the unit back not repaired if you wish to. This is just in case your unit cannot be covered under warranty and this is only a on-time-courtesy that shipping may shoulder by DJI.
2018-12-2
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

So you will pay for shipping if it is not covered by the warranty to be sent back?
2018-12-2
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-2 15:06
Hi Jacob, as mentioned on my previous reply. Normally, customer should pay the $65 charge for assessment plus the shipping fee that is visible in our policy. Since you are within United States, we can request to send the unit back not repaired if you wish to. This is just in case your unit cannot be covered under warranty and this is only a on-time-courtesy that shipping may shoulder by DJI.

Can you answer my question?
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jacob Williams Posted at 12-4 16:07
Can you answer my question?

We'll send the unit back unrepaired if you do not want to repair. Just to verify, have you sent the unit in? Is there any case number for follow-up?
2018-12-4
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

So you will pay for shipping the way back if my RC is not covered by the warranty?
2018-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jacob Williams Posted at 12-5 15:50
So you will pay for shipping the way back if my RC is not covered by the warranty?

Hi Jacob, for this question, please refer to our After-Aales Policy:  If you disagree with the cost for repair, DJI will return the product(s) with you burdening the cost of return shipping. GTScreenshot_20181206_101746.png
2018-12-5
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Dji Diana said this "Hi Jacob, this is to answer your follow up question to Mindy. Normally, customer should pay the $65 charge for assessment plus the shipping fee that is visible in our policy. But for one-time-courtesy, we can request to send it back to you If you do not agree to settle the invoice. However, this is only for customers within the United States." She made it sound like that if I wanted to return my RC unrepaired, I didn't need to pay the return shipping fee.
2018-12-6
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-5 18:18
Hi Jacob, for this question, please refer to our After-Aales Policy:  If you disagree with the cost for repair, DJI will return the product(s) with you burdening the cost of return shipping.[view_image]

Can you answer my question? I have waited over a month or your reply!
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jacob Williams Posted at 1-14 18:46
Can you answer my question? I have waited over a month or your reply!

Hi Jacob, please reply to one of our admins' post so that we can get the notification and reply timely.
As I have explained, according to our policy, if you don't agree with the cost for repair, DJI will return the product with you burdening the cost of return shipping. If you still need the repair service, please send in at your most convenience, or we also have the recommended repair center you can refer to: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers Thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-15
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
United States

Ok, since you told me I could get free shipping returns and backed out of the deal you just made, I am not repairing my RC and selling my Spark fly more combo.
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules