Mavic Air moving with gimbal wheel and remote control beeping.
5599 36 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194416 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I have recently some problem with my mavic air . It started by beeping the remote control. Then the gimbal wheel start controlling the Drone. I m in Turkey and DJI does not have repair service here.
Dont know what to do? Please DJI we trust you in that case. HELP!!!

2018-11-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try calibrating the RC first, the beeping may just be an indication this is needing done.
2018-11-21
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 03:32
Try calibrating the RC first, the beeping may just be an indication this is needing done.

Yes the beeping has stoped after the calibration but the gimbal wheel is still controlling the drone.
It is very dangerous to fly. I almost crashed the drone because of the gimbal wheel.
Do you have any solution for that ?
2018-11-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bodrumsurf@gmai Posted at 11-21 03:39
Yes the beeping has stoped after the calibration but the gimbal wheel is still controlling the drone.
It is very dangerous to fly. I almost crashed the drone because of the gimbal wheel.
Do you have any solution for that ?

I am not sure what the reset procedure is on the Air RC, but you could try the following:-

* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed
2018-11-21
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 04:13
I am not sure what the reset procedure is on the Air RC, but you could try the following:-

* Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off.

Those function buttons don't exist on the MA RC
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi bodrumsurf, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Is the RC calibration successful? Could you upload a short video when the drone can be controlled by the gimbal wheel? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-11-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 11-21 04:53
Those function buttons don't exist on the MA RC

I've had a look at the Mavic Air manual (page 8/9), perhaps the two function buttons numbered 10 & 15 on the RC diagram would serve a similar purpose (I'm just guessing here).

Manual

2018-11-21
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 06:06
I've had a look at the Mavic Air manual (page 8/9), perhaps the two function buttons numbered 10 & 15 on the RC diagram would serve a similar purpose (I'm just guessing here).

I have sometimes the same problem with camera tilt button. I wrote about it it on this forum, Ihave never had answer. But I don't have beeping. Usually I leave hovering MA and move a bit the right stick left/right. This helped me. Anyway it is strange problem.
2018-11-22
Use props
Trailblazer5715
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1821880 ft
United States

I just noticed yesterday mine doing the same thing (less the beeping). I can see during RC calibration the gimbal wheel moves both the gimbal and the left/right signal, however, it is inconsistent. I am not sure what we can do to correct this and fly with confidence. I am on the latest firmware revisions.
2018-11-22
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

Trailblazer5715 Posted at 11-22 07:26
I just noticed yesterday mine doing the same thing (less the beeping). I can see during RC calibration the gimbal wheel moves both the gimbal and the left/right signal, however, it is inconsistent. I am not sure what we can do to correct this and fly with confidence. I am on the latest firmware revisions.

Yes, the same for me, after .400 &.500 updates. I verify, during hovering moving the right stick left/right  corrects the tilt button's function.
2018-11-22
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 11-21 04:57
Hi bodrumsurf, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? Is the RC calibration successful? Could you upload a short video when the drone can be controlled by the gimbal wheel? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Hi Susan thanks for your help. The beeping continues still. I didnt had time to fly but when i calibrate the remote control as you can see on the video if i touch the gimbal wheel it does effect the sticks as well.
Maybe this is the problem. I reinstall the firmware and everything and nothing happens
Have a look at that video please.

Thanks
2018-11-22
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 03:32

Beeping continues
2018-11-22
Use props
bodrumsurf
lvl.1
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Susan Posted at 11-21 04:57

And this problem is also continues Susan.
Please help
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bodrumsurf@gmai Posted at 11-22 12:18
Hi Susan thanks for your help. The beeping continues still. I didnt had time to fly but when i calibrate the remote control as you can see on the video if i touch the gimbal wheel it does effect the sticks as well.
Maybe this is the problem. I reinstall the firmware and everything and nothing happens
Have a look at that video please.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for double check and will keep you updated on the latest progress.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 11-22 08:54
Yes, the same for me, after .400 &.500 updates. I verify, during hovering moving the right stick left/right  corrects the tilt button's function.

Hi kovat53, may I know what's the current firmware are you using? Could you upload the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft for check? I'll forward to our engineers for analysis.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Trailblazer5715 Posted at 11-22 07:26
I just noticed yesterday mine doing the same thing (less the beeping). I can see during RC calibration the gimbal wheel moves both the gimbal and the left/right signal, however, it is inconsistent. I am not sure what we can do to correct this and fly with confidence. I am on the latest firmware revisions.

Hi Trailblazer5715, just to verify, is the RC calibration successful? You may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware to see whether it helps.
2018-11-24
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
Switzerland

There is another thread about this here... https://forum.dji.com/thread-151518-1-1.html
2018-11-24
Use props
Trailblazer5715
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 00:40
Hi Trailblazer5715, just to verify, is the RC calibration successful? You may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware to see whether it helps.

During recalibration the right stick would indicate only about 70% when pushed left. I then did a firmware refresh (0200) using DJI Assistant 2 and now during recalibration all inputs went to 100%. I will try a flight test shortly to confirm controls.
2018-11-24
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 11-24 00:34
Hi kovat53, may I know what's the current firmware are you using? Could you upload the issue video and corresponding flight data in the aircraft for check? I'll forward to our engineers for analysis.

Hi Dji Susan,
thanks for your response. All of the firmware are the newest .500 for Ma, and .200 for Rc. I am sorry, but I don't have the videos, I deleted them.. Honestly I usually delete all of the  logs, dats from DJI Go 4 app's LOG folder. Now in my country (Hungary) it is  late autumn, it's raining, and  enough cold what doesn't let me fly. As I wrote  this tilt button problem happens  occasionally. My hope is your engineers  will find origin of this malfunction.
So far I haven't had beeping problem, only tilt control's malfunction.

Thank you
2018-11-24
Use props
Trailblazer5715
lvl.4
United States

Trailblazer5715 Posted at 11-24 08:27
During recalibration the right stick would indicate only about 70% when pushed left. I then did a firmware refresh (0200) using DJI Assistant 2 and now during recalibration all inputs went to 100%. I will try a flight test shortly to confirm controls.

Test flight successfull.
Try RC firmware refresh if you have this problem. Maybe it will work for you too.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Trailblazer5715 Posted at 11-24 09:42
Test flight successfull.
Try RC firmware refresh if you have this problem. Maybe it will work for you too.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear it works now. Wish you have a good time!
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 11-24 08:57
Hi Dji Susan,
thanks for your response. All of the firmware are the newest .500 for Ma, and .200 for Rc. I am sorry, but I don't have the videos, I deleted them.. Honestly I usually delete all of the  logs, dats from DJI Go 4 app's LOG folder. Now in my country (Hungary) it is  late autumn, it's raining, and  enough cold what doesn't let me fly. As I wrote  this tilt button problem happens  occasionally. My hope is your engineers  will find origin of this malfunction.
So far I haven't had beeping problem, only tilt control's malfunction.

Thanks for the clarification. Would you refer to 16# and refresh the firmware? Make sure the firmware refresh is successful, then do RC calibration to see whether the issue remains. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-11-26
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 11-26 03:49
Thanks for the clarification. Would you refer to 16# and refresh the firmware? Make sure the firmware refresh is successful, then do RC calibration to see whether the issue remains. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!

Thank you, DJI Susan,

I have  all of your suggested movements done (again). Because of the bad weather I can't check outside, but I'll give a try in my house. Thanks again.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bodrumsurf@gmai Posted at 11-22 12:36
And this problem is also continues Susan.
Please help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_Lufsg_kM&feature=youtu.be

Just got an update from our engineers that they suggest to send the unit in if this issue appears regularly after RC calibration. Sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once they receive the package.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kovat53 Posted at 11-26 04:09
Thank you, DJI Susan,

I have  all of your suggested movements done (again). Because of the bad weather I can't check outside, but I'll give a try in my house. Thanks again.

You are welcome. Looking forward to your update.
2018-11-26
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

I have not had to re-calibrate the RC but from this thread I'm not going to try
2018-11-27
Use props
Maximiliano Ochi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5353901 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

I have the same problem, the camera wheel controls the drone at times. I have returned the mavic to its factory state, I have calibrated imu, and I have calibrated sticks, I flew a whole day without the problem appearing. we will see how this matter continues. I from Argentina
2019-8-26
Use props
Steve Carlson
New

Mine started doing the same thing. Everytime I try to fly my drone there is some issue with it. Very frustrating
2019-9-23
Use props
Steve Carlson
New

Mine started doing the same thing. Everytime I try to fly my drone there is some issue with it. Very frustrating
2019-9-23
Use props
wlAristo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2562 ft

Steve Carlson Posted at 9-23 15:44

Had the same problem last weekend, yesterday I return my RC to the shop under warranty.
2019-9-24
Use props
fans42a870a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180154 ft
Mexico

My mavic air also has that problem. I've done everything: calibrate drone, calibrate remote control, calibrate sticks, factory reset to the drone (I can't do factory reset to the control, it doesn't allow it to me) and nothing. Control sticks move to the drone and that can cause accidents! I am in Mexico
2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_sukRnCz25lkc
New

Italy

i ha same problem
2019-10-20
Use props
djiuser_sukRnCz25lkc
New

Italy

i have  same problem,,   the wheel doesn't work when i try to update the sticks up and down left and right the wheel doesen't respond  i asked but nobody from Dji answer
2019-10-20
Use props
Adventures in Oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi mine behaves strange like this also, doesnt matter what mode im in, if i push forwards on right stick it will rise or veer left or right at random, if i recaibrate the controller it stops for a short period of time then starts doing it again, have refreshed firmwares have tried atti and sports mode both do it same as normal mode if i turn apas off it still does it or if its on. Its behavior is like the sticks are sending random up or down or left or right commands from time to time, come to think about it my problem started last firmware update or the one before as well
2019-10-30
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Adventures in Oz Posted at 10-30 00:35
Hi mine behaves strange like this also, doesnt matter what mode im in, if i push forwards on right stick it will rise or veer left or right at random, if i recaibrate the controller it stops for a short period of time then starts doing it again, have refreshed firmwares have tried atti and sports mode both do it same as normal mode if i turn apas off it still does it or if its on. Its behavior is like the sticks are sending random up or down or left or right commands from time to time, come to think about it my problem started last firmware update or the one before as well

Hi Mate,

If RC calibration does not work, this is hardware issue. Send it to DJI for repairs. My RC got repaired and now I do not have that same issue like yours.
2019-10-30
Use props
Adventures in Oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Probably be cheaper to buy a new remote haha
2019-10-30
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Adventures in Oz Posted at 10-30 18:30
Probably be cheaper to buy a new remote haha

I took mine to third party Dealers where they also provide repairs for DJI drones, they even gave me one month warranty after the repairs. For me its cheaper than getting a new RC or sending back to China.
2019-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules