5672 19 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was getting this error on my iPhone 6S plus, so I tried resetting the GPS on iPhone, and all appears to work now.

Try the following and then try setting home point to RC location (after letting it acquire GPS):-

Open your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the switch OFF.

Perform a hard reset on your iPhone. To do so: On iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 or 6S: Hold the lock and home buttons until you see the Apple logo. ...

Go back to phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services once again and toggle the switch ON.

This cleared the reported GPS error in DJI Go 4 for me, allowing it to set RC as new home point.

IMG_0315 - Copy.PNG
2018-11-21
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

I get this error all the time on iPhone X too. I will try to switch Location Services off and on again as you suggested to check if this solves the problem, although it seems to be something DJI should solve on Go 4 iOS app as I use the GPS on many other apps with no problems at all (including Garmin Pilot which requires a fair amount of precision).
2018-12-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ygor Posted at 12-3 14:30
I get this error all the time on iPhone X too. I will try to switch Location Services off and on again as you suggested to check if this solves the problem, although it seems to be something DJI should solve on Go 4 iOS app as I use the GPS on many other apps with no problems at all (including Garmin Pilot which requires a fair amount of precision).

I spotted this online as a resolution to iOS GPS issues, not specifically DJI Go 4. So it would seem to have the potential to affect a number of Applications. And Apple specific.

EDit:- I tried this again on the ground just minutes ago, and it worked a couple of times, then didn't ?

A reboot of my Mavic Pro seemed to restore it, at least for a couple of attempts until it failed again. I can't completely rule out poor GPS reception on the iPhone itself, but it seems unlikely as all seems to work after an aircraft reboot. So back to DJI ?
2018-12-3
Use props
Javiery70
lvl.1

Spain

Aardvark Publicado el 12-3 14:39.
Descubrí esto en línea como una solución a los problemas de GPS de iOS, no específicamente a DJI Go 4. Por lo tanto, parece que tiene el potencial de afectar a varias aplicaciones. Y específico de Apple.

EDit: - Intenté esto de nuevo en el suelo hace unos minutos, y funcionó un par de veces, ¿no fue así?

A mi me ocurre lo mismo con iPhone 6. Me ha funcionado 1 vez de 10 intentos, falla mucho. El GPS de mi iPhone funciona perfectamente, solo falla en la función RTH punto de origen el radiocontrol.
Estoy esperando la respuesta del soporte técnico de Dji. Claramente es un fallo de compatibilidad de Dji go 4.
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I have weighed in on a couple of these iOS, gps, home point threads now.. and after some additional testing there yes still seems to be some issues..

I have been saying that having cell service on (even for devices that you don't have a sim for) fixes the issue as iOS issues a degraded performance message for location service apps if cellular is off, even if gps signal is good.

having mentioned this to a couple folks it seems to have fixed the issue.. and for some not

testing today .. I find that there very well may be an issue... but its uncertain if its GO 4 or iOS at fault

I found that switching on or off cellular service was enough to break functionality of pushing controller location as homepoint.. i.e. if it was working switching cell on even broke it until location services were toggled off then on..

seeming this seems to point maybe more at iOS .. but again. no way to know..

either way what seems to work (only did a couple flights) ..

if you are doing a flight where you think you may want to push controller location..

1> get the cell service on and turn off bluetooth and wifi(if you are not using it sparks need it)

2> open go 4

3> turn off then on location services..  this seems to reset things..

4> turn on the aircraft and launch to hover

5> while in hover, try and push your location as homeport (you don't have to actually do it) it will either open a confirmation box or get the warning that gps is not good enough

if you can push it at the start of the flight I have yet to have it drop during a flight..

this is an issue that is clearly going to need someone with iOS developer tools to delve into more deeply, if its DJI lets hope they patch it soon, if apple, hopefully someone can pass it on to them if they are in the developer network

2018-12-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did some ground testing today with iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 12.1, and my Mavic Pro on latest firmware and DJI Go 4. The iPhone 6s Plus was connected to the RC lower USB port, and phone held in hand as normal to ensure GPS not being blocked by its location on RC.

I powered all up and then went through the process of setting home point to aircraft or RC home point. After many attempts not once did it fail to set aircrafts position as home point.

But the best that I achieved was five consecutive settings of RC as home point before it gave the error message.

I tried switching off cell and back on again, this had no affect on enabling RC as home point.

A 'work around' for me, was that when setting RC as home point failed, resetting the location switch restored it every time. I could then set RC as home point, until it again failed. Toggling the location switch once again enabled it. I tried this on many attempts, and each time toggling location worked to restore 'Set RC as home point' functionality.

So either iOS or DJI Go 4 (iOS version) seems to have a problem. It's not something that I normally use, or even think about as I fly using a non cell (non GPS) iPad Pro.
2018-12-4
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-4 15:21
I did some ground testing today with iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 12.1, and my Mavic Pro on latest firmware and DJI Go 4. The iPhone 6s Plus was connected to the RC lower USB port, and phone held in hand as normal to ensure GPS not being blocked by its location on RC.

I powered all up and then went through the process of setting home point to aircraft or RC home point. After many attempts not once did it fail to set aircrafts position as home point.

if i were in a situation like on a boat or something where I may have to have the option to push it and push it fast  I would probably leave the settings page for location services open so I could do fast app switching so I could get to it fast if needed..

yet something else to worry about not working right when we need it..

2018-12-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-4 15:36
if i were in a situation like on a boat or something where I may have to have the option to push it and push it fast  I would probably leave the settings page for location services open so I could do fast app switching so I could get to it fast if needed..

yet something else to worry about not working right when we need it..

"leave the settings page for location services open so I could do fast app switching so I could get to it fast if needed.."

That's exactly what I ended up doing here :-)

Tomorrow I'm going to see if I get the same results with my P4, I suspect that I will.
2018-12-4
Use props
Javiery70_Mavic2 Zoom
lvl.1

Spain

Aardvark Posted at 12-4 15:53
"leave the settings page for location services open so I could do fast app switching so I could get to it fast if needed.."

That's exactly what I ended up doing here :-)

I have obtained a response from the DJI support on the RTH problem to the radio control of the Mavic 2
The Mavic 2 doesn't support this function at present, Mavic 2 has no dynamic RTH function, and this switch will be hidden in the next DJI GO 4 version.
2018-12-5
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

Javiery70_Mavic2 Zoom Posted at 12-5 10:31
I have obtained a response from the DJI support on the RTH problem to the radio control of the Mavic 2
The Mavic 2 doesn't support this function at present, Mavic 2 has no dynamic RTH function, and this switch will be hidden in the next DJI GO 4 version.

doesn't work correctly for Mavic Pro either.. so while the 2 might not have the feature, the pro is supposed to
2018-12-5
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-4 15:21
I did some ground testing today with iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 12.1, and my Mavic Pro on latest firmware and DJI Go 4. The iPhone 6s Plus was connected to the RC lower USB port, and phone held in hand as normal to ensure GPS not being blocked by its location on RC.

I powered all up and then went through the process of setting home point to aircraft or RC home point. After many attempts not once did it fail to set aircrafts position as home point.

When you state "resetting the location switch" do you mean scrolling down to the DJI Go 4 app in Settings, and then toggling the Location choice to "Never" and then back again to "While Using the App" or "Always"?
2018-12-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone34 Posted at 12-5 12:53
When you state "resetting the location switch" do you mean scrolling down to the DJI Go 4 app in Settings, and then toggling the Location choice to "Never" and then back again to "While Using the App" or "Always"?

That may work, but I've just been switching off the main location service toggle (for all) and back on again. So keeping that window open in background speeds up process to a few taps on screen.
2018-12-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Javiery70_Mavic2 Zoom Posted at 12-5 10:31
I have obtained a response from the DJI support on the RTH problem to the radio control of the Mavic 2

Dynamic Home Point function on Mavic Pro only operates when using 'Active Track' (DJI Go 4 resets home point to aircraft position, when aircraft moves more than 15m).

What is failing here, and should be working is the ability to manually set your home position to RC location. This is seen in main controller settings menu when all is powered up and working.

Edit:- Or at least it works then stops, toggling location switch restores it for a few attempts until it fails again. That was using my Mavic Pro and DJI Go 4 all at latest versions, and iPhone 6s Plus on iOS 12.1 (I've not tried 12.1.1 yet).

InkedRC Home point - Copy_LI.jpg
2018-12-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Do you have another SmartDevice you could test with?  

Perhaps borrow a different model iPhone, (a DJI 'approved' model).
Be great to also test with another iPhone 6S+ too.
2018-12-5
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

United States

You can try to reset all the settings on your iPhone 6s plus.
2019-7-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good info on this thread!
2019-7-19
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

To repair iPhone GPS not working issue, you can check the location services, turn off LTE, reset network settings, restore iPhone or restart iPhone.
If all these solutions fail to work and fix your problem, give Joyoshare UltFix a shot to repair with no data loss.
For more details, you can check here: https://www.joyoshare.com/iphone-repair/iphone-gps-not-working.html
2019-9-16
Use props
blackshady
lvl.2

Since you have already tried so many  things, there are only two  things you can do.
1. Restore. Recommed restoring with TunesKit iOS System Recovery, which can restore without data loss.
2. Ask Apple Support for help.
2019-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

blackshady Posted at 9-23 02:30
Since you have already tried so many  things, there are only two  things you can do.
1. Restore. Recommed restoring with TunesKit iOS System Recovery, which can restore without data loss.
2. Ask Apple Support for help.

No need for 'Tuneskit' at all, recovery can be done through iTunes, or iCloud.

Perhaps you can suggest what caused my problem last November, as far as I'm aware it was related to iOS not being able to successfully pass the GPS data to DJI Go 4. I've not tested again under iOS 13 where it may now work.
2019-9-23
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.2

India

Aardvark Posted at 2019-9-23 03:07
No need for 'Tuneskit' at all, recovery can be done through iTunes, or iCloud.

Perhaps you can suggest what caused my problem last November, as far as I'm aware it was related to iOS not being able to successfully pass the GPS data to DJI Go 4. I've not tested again under iOS 13 where it may now work.

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to block location services on your iPhone, but depending on the level of restriction you want. Here are some way to fix it:-
Block all location services:-
  -Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
  -Toggle the switch at the top to off. This will disable location services for all apps and features on your iPhone.
Block location services for specific apps:-
  -Scroll down and find the app you want to block.
  -Tap on the app and choose Never. This will prevent the app from accessing your location information at any time.
Allow location services while using the app only:-
  -Scroll down and find the app you want to restrict.
  -Tap on the app and choose While Using the App. This will only allow the app to access your location when it is open and actively in use.
More details instruction below.

2-21 23:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules