Zemuse X5S Focus issues
1162 2 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscc065287
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458930 ft
Canada

I use my X5S mostly for mapping and recently i have had issues with the auto focus ( I primarly use Drone Deploy) with the Go 4 app active the focus seems ok but when launched for a misson the X5S goes out of focus has anyone else had these problems.

thanks in advance
2018-11-21
Use props
sasmsmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59196 ft
United States

Perhaps the camera settings were changed by something? The AF/MF is independent of the camera settings, so you may want to take a look at those (ISO, f-stop, etc.).
2018-11-27
Use props
Davey Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1396923 ft
United States

I too am experiencing focus issues with my X5S. I am using it on a Matrice 210 RTK for photogrammetry missions. I will experience blocks of photos that are slightly out of focus. I use UgCS for flight control and trigger the camera based of distance traveled. For my latest mission UgCS calculated the camera would be triggered every two seconds, which DJI states is the shortest triggering interval possible for the X5S. Could it be that the camera doesn't have enough time to focus before each shot? In AF mode, is the camera suppose to automatically focus before each shot? I have searched everywhere and cannot find answer to the latter question. Does anyone know?
Here are two photos showing in focus and out of focus during a flight.

2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules