Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nikon Z6
12Next >
9995 43 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Wayatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108944 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Anyone know if the Ronin-S focus pulling cable is compatible with the Nikon Z6 ?

Thanks
2018-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Chris, Nikon Z6 is not in our compatible list, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, the control features cannot be ensured, it is recommended to use the camera in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2018-11-27
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Mindy

When will the Ronin-S be compatible with the Nikon Z6?

Thanks
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_yytZkA7vEoTu
lvl.1
United States

Mindy,

Is DJI working on ronin-s compatibility updates to include the Nikon Z6?  I own the Nikon Z6 and bought a ronin-s hoping compatibility would follow shortly after the Z6 release date.  A response would be appreciated.
2018-11-28
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Since the Z7 is supported with the latest firmware and Nikon is using the same protocol for both cameras, I would expect the Z6 to work as of today.
Your statement indicates it does not - any details of what happens?
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_yytZkA7vEoTu
lvl.1
United States

No response from the camera at all to start/stop, focus wheel does nothing.  Like it is not even recognized.  Updated ronin to latest firmware available today.
2018-11-29
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Bummer. Thanks for letting us know.
2018-12-11
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Bought the Ronin-S yesterday, now looking forward to get Nikon Z6 control support as well, just like the Z7 does. Since both cameras are the same, it should be as simple as handling the Z6's device id.
Looking forward...
2018-12-15
Use props
GusP
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 23:16
Hi Chris, Nikon Z6 is not in our compatible list, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, the control features cannot be ensured, it is recommended to use the camera in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

I just bought a DJI Ronin-S yesterday for my Nikon Z6.   

Would be great to have the Nikon Z6 on the compatible list soon!!  

As you may know, the Full Frame Mirrorless Nikon Z6 and Z7 are the first Nikon cameras that offer excellent video

Regards,
Gus
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GusP Posted at 12-20 17:25
I just bought a DJI Ronin-S yesterday for my Nikon Z6.   

Would be great to have the Nikon Z6 on the compatible list soon!!  

Gus, our engineers are focusing on developing the compatibility between Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S, please note the future update, thanks for your patience.
2018-12-23
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Hi Chris, Nikon Z6 is not in our compatible list, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, the control features cannot be ensured, it is recommended to use the camera in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

Any updates yet Mindy ?
2018-12-31
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Any updates yet Mindy ?
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Chris, our engineers are still working on it, please note the future firmware update, thank you.
2019-1-1
Use props
RickMacin
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 23:33
Hi Chris, our engineers are still working on it, please note the future firmware update, thank you.

Hi Mindy

Thanks for the updates. I'm really looking forward to the Z6 support. Is there an approximate timeline for the next firmware release? What's the best way to stay up to date with future firmware releases?

Thanks,
Nick
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RickMacin Posted at 1-2 12:02
Hi Mindy

Thanks for the updates. I'm really looking forward to the Z6 support. Is there an approximate timeline for the next firmware release? What's the best way to stay up to date with future firmware releases?

Hi Nick, we do not have the estimated date of the next firmware, each time we will post the announcement of the firmware release in Forum, please update at your most convenience once you see it. Thank you.
2019-1-3
Use props
fanscdd00980
New

United States

Impatiently waiting for the Z6 update. Talked to many Nikon Z6 owners that may be returning their Ronin S Christmas gift due to lack of support. Hoping DJI has a firmware update soon.
2019-1-6
Use props
eliptus2018
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-27 23:16

Hot tip DJI it's just like the Z7... perhaps you could just turn it on and release an update.
2019-1-10
Use props
dantastic
lvl.4
Taiwan

With RAW video announced a lot of people are gonna be looking at the z6 for video! So in dji's interests (as well as ours of course) to support it soon!
2019-1-11
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Especially as Nikon is partnering with Gudson and selling the Moza Air 2.
https://www.gudsen.com/details-m ... -z-6-filmmakers-kit
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

eliptus2018 Posted at 1-10 20:50
Hot tip DJI it's just like the Z7... perhaps you could just turn it on and release an update.

Hi there, we are working on developing the compatibility with Z6, please note the future firmware update in our website, thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dantastic Posted at 1-11 05:29
With RAW video announced a lot of people are gonna be looking at the z6 for video! So in dji's interests (as well as ours of course) to support it soon!

Hi dantastic, we are working on it, thanks for your feedback.
2019-1-11
Use props
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

Its lol when z7 is compatible and z6 is not If gudsen support ensure me that moza is working with z6 i will sell ronin.
2019-1-12
Use props
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

Its lol when z7 is compatible and z6 is not If gudsen support ensure me that moza is working with z6 i will sell ronin.
2019-1-12
Use props
eliptus2018
lvl.1

Australia

fansd947f0d6 Posted at 1-12 09:53
Its lol when z7 is compatible and z6 is not  If gudsen support ensure me that moza is working with z6 i will sell ronin.

Save yourself some grief and buy the Weebill. I got sucked in by the DJI hype and am now regretting it... they haven’t even listed the Z6 as something they’re working on in their list. It’s similarities to the Z7 should have made it a no brainer to do both at the same time. Is it any wonder that Nikon didn’t partner with DJI for their film makers kit... they chose Moza instead.
2019-1-17
Use props
eliptus2018
lvl.1

Australia

Save yourself some grief and buy the Weebill. I got sucked in by the DJI hype and am now regretting it... they haven’t even listed the Z6 as something they’re working on in their list. It’s similarities to the Z7 should have made it a no brainer to do both at the same time. Is it any wonder that Nikon didn’t partner with DJI for their film makers kit... they chose Moza instead.
2019-1-17
Use props
Stratven27
lvl.1
Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 23:34
Hi there, we are working on developing the compatibility with Z6, please note the future firmware update in our website, thank you.

you keep mentioning this "future firmware update in our website",  can you please link to it? I can't find it on the dji website...
2019-1-19
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

This is getting ridiculous.
Just need to change Z7 into „Z7 or Z6“ in the DJI source code. And two months after the OP, still nothing has happened. Has DJI lost all its agility? Already now?
I am looking into the Moza Air 2 now, as this seems to be the official Nikon route.
2019-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stratven27 Posted at 1-19 03:15
you keep mentioning this "future firmware update in our website",  can you please link to it? I can't find it on the dji website...

Hi Stratven27, I have explained in your new thread, please check here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-178377-1-1.html
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

faldron Posted at 1-19 16:14
This is getting ridiculous.
Just need to change Z7 into „Z7 or Z6“ in the DJI source code. And two months after the OP, still nothing has happened. Has DJI lost all its agility? Already now?
I am looking into the Moza Air 2 now, as this seems to be the official Nikon route.

Hi faldron, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we are working on the compatibility between Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S, once it is ready, we will release via the firmware and update the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf
2019-1-20
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Any news Mindy? We are waiting for a lot of times ad this is like a joke!!!
I have Z7 and Z6 and this is non possible... I need one more gimbal but at this point I will buy a Moza!!!
2019-2-11
Use props
RickMacin
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-3 00:06
Hi Nick, we do not have the estimated date of the next firmware, each time we will post the announcement of the firmware release in Forum, please update at your most convenience once you see it. Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

Any updates on this? How frequently does DJI release firmware updates? When can we expect support for the Nikon Z6?

Thanks,
Nick
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RickMacin Posted at 2-14 11:19
Hi Mindy,

Any updates on this? How frequently does DJI release firmware updates? When can we expect support for the Nikon Z6?

Nick, we do not have more info of when the new firmware will be released, please note our website, thank you very much.
2019-2-14
Use props
ectoplasm
lvl.1
United States

The z6 has a firmware update, would it be possible to work with the ronin s now? I can’t wait for compatibility !
2019-2-16
Use props
yareckk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52149 ft
Poland

All will be grateful for updating the status of the work. Is the update of the firmware possible in the first quarter of this year?
2019-2-21
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-14 18:30
Nick, we do not have more info of when the new firmware will be released, please note our website, thank you very much.

And that is the problem, Mindy. In a business like yours it is all about managing customer expectations.
This can be done via two ways, either by being proactive. In this instance by providing a firmware update fast.
Or by providing information and roadmaps. Things like "We are sorry that Z7 is supported and Z6 is not although both are almost identical in regards to the USB protocol. But we want to better support both before providing the next firmware. Current estimations are xyz."

Your company does many things right but especially in this area a lot of things wrong. You essentially ask other companies to fill the void and they obviously take you up on your offer.

Just one example: Do you believe I trust that you will provide a firmware update for the Ronin-S in 6 months when there is a new camera? Hmmm, guess what....
2019-2-21
Use props
SZ

United States

Well looks like am in the same boat as others. Z6 with Ronin S.

It looks like it is a calm before the storm. Its well known about DJI that they take their time and they really come up with amazing products. I am willing to wait as long as it takes, I am sure I won’t be disappointed in the end.

Satya
2019-2-21
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

For all Z6 user I suggest you the new Zhiyun Crane, it works very well with Z6 (and Z7) and the support team responds quickly (not with a copy-and-paste of meaningless phrases) with precise dates on all the ongoing developments.
Unfortunately DJI is his staff is not able to give this assistance, does not give answers, and is not good for our work because it is a useless waste of time and money.
2019-2-21
Use props
MarcelMartinez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333077 ft
United States

looks like its time to sell and get the Moza...camera has been out for 3 months
2019-2-22
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WernerD Posted at 2-21 08:02
And that is the problem, Mindy. In a business like yours it is all about managing customer expectations.
This can be done via two ways, either by being proactive. In this instance by providing a firmware update fast.
Or by providing information and roadmaps. Things like "We are sorry that Z7 is supported and Z6 is not although both are almost identical in regards to the USB protocol. But we want to better support both before providing the next firmware. Current estimations are xyz."

Hi WernerD, I understand your concern, but sometimes the info we have is also limited, we only get the feedback from our engineers that Nikon Z6 will be supported in the future firmware update, but do not have the ETA at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules