Nikon Z6
10059 43 2018-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

Please, DJI. Nikon Z6 is moving so fast in the mirrorless video world. Please let the engineers know Z6 is a special case needing special attention. A revolution is going on due to their collaboration AtomOS. Every other competitor across the street knows that, they all supported Z6 quickly to get ahead in the coming video war.
Theoretically I think the effort to support Z6 only is low due to the fact Z7 is supported and every other brand has done it. But I understand management bureaucracy can get in the way. Considering Z6 is special can you please simply release a firmware update just for Z6.
2019-2-24
Use props
ectoplasm
New
United States

I have been checking every day for support for the Z6 since I bought the Z6 and the Ronin S four weeks ago.  There has since been a firmware update for the Z6, which was why I thought maybe the Z7 was compatible and the Z6 wasn't (since the Z7 had two firmware updates before the Z6 even had one).  Anyway, I'm really hoping for compatibility.  I'm working on time lapses and I want to be able to do motion lapses.  I want to be able to do panoramas and to be able to start and stop recording on the Ronin itself.  Please, developers, put a rush into making compatibility.  We're all excited about this !  I work at Best Buy and I have been selling the Zhiyun Crane 2 to Z6 buyers since I cannot guarantee Ronin S compatibility.  
2019-3-6
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-20 23:37
Hi faldron, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we are working on the compatibility between Nikon Z6 and Ronin-S, once it is ready, we will release via the firmware and update the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

@DJI Mindy
thanks a lot for your reply.
Meanwhile, there has been a firmware update and the Z6 is supported. Hurrah ;)
But ... I stll cannot buy ... because:

I receive user reports that focus pull with the Z6 works ok for stills, but NOT for video. Can you confirm? Or is it user error? And if not, when will DJI fix? Never = no buy?
2019-6-30
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-11-27 23:16
Hi Chris, Nikon Z6 is not in our compatible list, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm. However, the control features cannot be ensured, it is recommended to use the camera in our compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

Hi Mindy

Is the Ronin-s now compatible with the Nikon Z6 now that the Ronin-SC is compatible?
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules