Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2018.11.22)
29636 164 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimmysDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1412917 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated my Mavic 2 Pro, both the firmware as well as the app. as shown on the attached screenshot.  But, I find no mention of the Tripod mode or of the Precision Landing, although maybe I won't until I use the RTH function if I understand correctly.
But, the Tripod mode is the one I'd like to use.  Am I not looking in the correct place - I'm clicking on the little remote control icon?  Thanks for any help.
2018-11-24
Use props
zappy54
First Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

Hi TimmysDad Precision Landing is automatic it kicks in on return home for Tripod mode you have to move the switch on the remote controller to T hope this helps
2018-11-24
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209498 ft
Australia

all good here in Oz, 3 tests, all within a inch of takeoff spot.
did not work until I reinstalled go 4 app [android]
thankyou DJI
2018-11-24
Use props
Chumley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

Another Aussie here.  The update went smoothly for me and I'm enjoying the precision landing.  And yes, it only works in RTH mode (not sure where else it would be appropriate).

I for one appreciate DJI putting out these updates to give us new features (promised or otherwise).  The timing will always be inconvenient to someone in the world about to use their drone that day.  But if we continue to criticize and bash DJI everytime they release an update, they will likely stop doing it.  And that would be a bad thing.
2018-11-24
Use props
slidewizes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2464 ft
United States

batteries firmware update. Will a message show up if batteries need update?
2018-11-24
Use props
slidewizes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2464 ft
United States

DroneSupremacy Posted at 11-24 07:43
here's my update video, demonstrating some of the new features (for those of you who still haven't updated and wondering how they look like)

Thanks
2018-11-25
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

slidewizes Posted at 11-24 23:52
batteries firmware update. Will a message show up if batteries need update?

I think the best thing to do is ALWAYS check all batteries you have after a firmware update... so first update... then quit the app and shut down the aircraft and remote... change battery and then start all up.
Firmware v01.00.02.00 (Nov 22nd 2018) has an update for the batteries...
It can never harm to check...

Fly Safe!

(Canon)Max
2018-11-25
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

TimmysDad Posted at 11-24 16:12
I updated my Mavic 2 Pro, both the firmware as well as the app. as shown on the attached screenshot.  But, I find no mention of the Tripod mode or of the Precision Landing, although maybe I won't until I use the RTH function if I understand correctly.
But, the Tripod mode is the one I'd like to use.  Am I not looking in the correct place - I'm clicking on the little remote control icon?  Thanks for any help.
[view_image]

The tripod mode adjustments appeared in the last dji go 4 update, a very nice addition to the tripod mode,its great to be able to adjust the speed now ;)
2018-11-25
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shall I tempt fate then before I go on holiday? I held of the last update as I havent been flying and now there is a new one! So guess I should go for it! This seems a features update as opposed to major bug fixes?
2018-11-25
Use props
Waldf33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119974 ft
Germany

rarevfx_official Posted at 11-22 01:56
Thanks!!

But please fix the bug with the DJI Go4 App update. Still can't update the Firmware via App "Network error"

Same Problem.
I suspect that OccuSync interferes with the WLAN and therefore the download stops. My SmartHome (also connected to each other via WiFi) behaved strangely while the drone was activated...
2018-11-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Waldf33 Posted at 11-25 06:36
Same Problem.
I suspect that OccuSync interferes with the WLAN and therefore the download stops. My SmartHome (also connected to each other via WiFi) behaved strangely while the drone was activated...

That is a first, you should do the update through Dji Assistant 2 you would not have any issues
2018-11-25
Use props
TimmysDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1412917 ft
  • >>>
United States

zappy54 Posted at 11-24 16:39
Hi TimmysDad Precision Landing is automatic it kicks in on return home for Tripod mode you have to move the switch on the remote controller to T hope this helps

Thank you. Moving the slider to the “T” made all the difference in the world. I obviously missed that detail in the instructions.
2018-11-25
Use props
Eaglewood Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 5738255 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Waypoints. We need saveable waypoint missions! Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
bernardren07
First Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I updated my mavic 2 pro and zoom. Both are great working well. Weekends going to test. I need waypoint too. Waiting for update app to support waypoint.
2018-11-26
Use props
Drekko
First Officer
Flight distance : 62365 ft
Australia

Eaglewood Films Posted at 11-26 06:28
Waypoints. We need saveable waypoint missions! Thank you.

Isnt that the task library? that they added
2018-11-26
Use props
dv8ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firmware download via Assistant 2 slow from DJI servers? It would take almost 30 mins for everything to update. I remember it used to be a lot faster. Still the case with this newly released firmware?
2018-11-26
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

dv8ed Posted at 11-26 16:40
Firmware download via Assistant 2 slow from DJI servers? It would take almost 30 mins for everything to update. I remember it used to be a lot faster. Still the case with this newly released firmware?

Your internet speed depends on your isp in your area
2018-11-26
Use props
North Idaho Guy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 11-22 21:24
Yes , Autel Evo  has waypoint ,  check the

What a shame this 900 $ drone doing much better than 1400 $ DJI

Just bought a Evo........Will give it a shot, was thinking about a M2Z but, the heck with that, try something new with a different tone at the top

Scored two extra batterys, more spare props and a carry case to boot, all for FREE!! Excited to fly this lil sexy beastie,..........And, they're local boys (Have a Chinese HQ over here anyway) over the hill just to the west of me a stones throw, how cool is that?

edit 12/3,

I've flown this Evo now 6 or 7 times in the last week or so, it flys pretty dang nice and is built very well!!........Range seems to be in the MP arena. One thing I noticed is that when flying full forward (right stick full forward) and climbing full (left stick full forward) the AC doesn't seems to want to climb too well unless I backed off the right stick. I was flying in ludicrose mode (45MPH) trying this, haven't tried this in the other 2 EVO speed modes yet however. All my DJI's do climb very well when flying full right stick/full left stick in their respective sport mode or not.

I haven't done any photo's or vid's yet, just flown it around BUT, I do very much like what I bought with this AC. I'd def recommend it for someone wanting to explore other options out there.

BTW and FWIW, I own a Tello, Spark, Mavic Air, 2-Mavic Plats and a M2P and would say this Evo is a very stonrg competitor with all these DJI's models as far a flight and control (I buy mainly for the tech/flight, not photo/vids). BTW, the camera's "horizontal tilt" issue thing the EVO had in the past has been fixed evidently, I personally didn't see this with my EVO either, I'm running lastest updates.

Edit 12/8,

Several people have asked why no waypoints mission added yet to our M2P/Z as promised by DJI, I have one theory I guessed about BUT, I think I found out perhaps another reason why we're not seeing this feature added. As I'm about to fly/try a built in Autel waypoint mission, I was reading up on the how to's and also researching on that Autel forces your missions you fly to stay within some BS small ass  "Saftey Circle" (checking for real tomorrow if weather permits) and I ran across this (see below)....... It appears there is a law suit over and filed by Autel this past April in regards to DJI's use of waypoint mission.....Ledigation could be holding this up? Hmmmm, this could makes sense because IMO,  DJI's since the release day, could literally of just flipped a switch to have implimented the waypoint mission feature in our M2P/Z's.

2018-11-26
Use props
Eaglewood Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 5738255 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Drekko Posted at 11-26 14:45
Isnt that the task library? that they added

I believe that's for Hyperlapses, not for regular flying.
2018-11-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

iQuail Posted at 11-24 09:38
Non-american answer = troll. As expected.

Sorry, but I'm not the one spreading myself all over the place with Me Me Me diatribe with self-absorbed requests...
2018-11-27
Use props
dv8ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vendex Posted at 11-26 17:09
Your internet speed depends on your isp in your area

I have 100Mbit down & 10Mbit up.
2018-11-27
Use props
truonghao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
Vietnam

Testing...
2018-11-27
Use props
PaulBlack22
New

Ukraine

Well, that's informative. I appreciate such posts.
2018-11-28
Use props
akozc
Captain
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

today , done two sperate flights , each one  reached   500m lateral distance with 30 m height (that is what I was  legally allowed to flight within in the  Class 1 International Airport NFZ  circle) Both RTH were extremely accurate, nearly few cm deviated from the takeoff point. That really makes me feel relax for the upcoming flights where the landing point will be  very close the reservoir obstacle.  I should say thanks to DJI bringing this update and hoping to see also Waypoint please
2018-11-28
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Just for the hell of posting, as said by others Android app update is a waste of time, does not work STILL... what with that and my other ongoing issues with DJI's Ronin S I do wonder quite how solid DJI are as a company. Back to the Mavic Pro 2 Zoom firmware it took 45 mins on my Mac to update the controller and the aircraft has failed on my first attempt with Assistant 2, I will wait until later to hook up somewhere else as internet maybe having issues at my current location given we are in the middle of a storm.
2018-11-29
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

Just got mine back from getting two boards replaced on it and was able to update. Had to uninstall the DJI GO4 app and reinstall to update the controller though. Hoping to get a flight or two in this week to see how it performs after the update and repair.
2018-11-29
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Mine is now all done, no idea why the aircraft failed first time but she is all ready to fly, once the force 6 winds die down!
2018-11-29
Use props
Guido-Italy
Captain
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi DJI staff and what about new features for Mavic pro ?
2018-11-29
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
Second Officer
Vietnam

With new FW, we see great update and great effort of DJI team, thank for this update.
But I want DJI team add the customization for 5D button, middle press function, for quickly change the ISO setting.
Thanks.
2018-11-30
Use props
hawkyzf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3041 ft
United Kingdom

Quick question....has this fixed the obsticle avoidance issues seen with the last update?
2018-12-3
Use props
hawkyzf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

sp ... obstacle
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Anybody got Dynamic Homepoints with MP2 ?
2018-12-3
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
Second Officer
Vietnam

Hello,

What is the fix for distortion with RAW file for PS/LR ?
2018-12-3
Use props
hawkyzf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

After the update the front LED's are now solid green, any way of changing them back to red?
2018-12-4
Use props
hawkyzf
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Just checked my battery status after updating and the battery information reads 00.00 flight time and 0 charges.......It's been charged at least 5 times with possibly over 1 hours flight time. Any idea's ?
2018-12-4
Use props
Vlas
Captain
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Precision landing not appearing sometimes with the latest firmware. Any ideas? Using a M2Z and take off with at least 13 satellites.
2018-12-4
Use props
djiuser_tZxgh64RZ9u6
New

Singapore

Hi DJI Support,
Iis there still a problem with updating the firmware using the Android GO 4 app?
I tried to update but there is always an error after updating halfway...

Thks.
2018-12-4
Use props
bomberuk
First Officer
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

in my experience with the latest firmware release, this is the best firmware so far, added useful features and updated flawlessly, well done DJI and look forward to the next one, keep it up ;)

updated through latest dji assistant,
flying with android phone.
2018-12-5
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209498 ft
Australia

Vlas Posted at 12-4 13:57
Precision landing not appearing sometimes with the latest firmware. Any ideas? Using a M2Z and take off with at least 13 satellites.

have u re-installed go4 app, mine would not work until I did.
2018-12-5
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
Second Officer
Vietnam

At this moment, there is no Lense correction profile for Mavic 2 Pro, am I correct ?
How do we deal with barrel distortion with RAW image in PS/LR/Capture One Pro ?
2018-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules