New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2018.11.22)
30111 164 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 12-6 01:08
At this moment, there is no Lense correction profile for Mavic 2 Pro, am I correct ?
How do we deal with barrel distortion with RAW image in PS/LR/Capture One Pro ?

There is an embedded profile when taking raw stills, but for video you would be better off switching to Davinci Resolve 15. Use "Lens correction" and for HQ set it to 0.18 and for FFOV set it to 0.25 or thereabouts (at least that is what I use).
2018-12-6
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

roamer105 Posted at 12-6 10:43
There is an embedded profile when taking raw stills, but for video you would be better off switching to Davinci Resolve 15. Use "Lens correction" and for HQ set it to 0.18 and for FFOV set it to 0.25 or thereabouts (at least that is what I use).

As I checked on PS/LR there is no profile for Lense correction at this moment. Am I correct ?
2018-12-6
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 12-6 18:35
As I checked on PS/LR there is no profile for Lense correction at this moment. Am I correct ?

just use the h264 codec there is hardly any noticeable difference anyway, the h265 codec is designed the be used for color correction hence the curve,and can all be sorted in post production, unlike the mavic 1 were post production was needed i find with the mavic 2 the normal h264 color profile is good enough, for me all the testing ive done with the 264/265 codecs  i find that the h264 on normal for the mavic 2 works best.
2018-12-7
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

One nice addition that I don't think was mentioned is that the SRT logs (Video Caption option in the menu) now include location data. You can visualise them here: http://tailorandwayne.com/dji-srt-viewer/
2018-12-9
Use props
Phantom11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45243 ft

United Kingdom

rarevfx_official Posted at 11-22 01:56
Thanks!!

But please fix the bug with the DJI Go4 App update. Still can't update the Firmware via App "Network error"

Yes please sort this out..
2018-12-9
Use props
VintageSlots
lvl.1

United States

I see they now support longitude and latitude information in the .SRT data files. Thanks, to me that was a big hole in Mavic 2 capabilities since it was supported in the MP1.
2018-12-10
Use props
VintageSlots
lvl.1

United States

I see they now support longitude and latitude information in the .SRT data files. Thanks, to me that was a big hole in Mavic 2 capabilities since it was supported in the MP1. It would have been nice if DJI would have spelled longitude correctly so I don't have to manually edit the .SRT file so my customer doesn't think I am an idiot.
2018-12-10
Use props
Norwegian Airlord
lvl.4
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Waypoints won`t save, just says "save error" is this an android problem only? anyone else with these problems?
2018-12-14
Use props
Michelinman
New
United Kingdom

On my mavic 2 zoom presion landing only works when I use remote RTH button , does not work on phone RTH . Why
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DH_Pilot Posted at 11-22 00:38
WOW Precision landing is back.

Great but they have not fixed the range issue resulting in signal loss. DJI, when is that going to happen?
2018-12-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-18 22:36
Great but they have not fixed the range issue resulting in signal loss. DJI, when is that going to happen?

You mean maximum range?
2018-12-19
Use props
brandonl2748
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90341 ft
United States

When are we going to see 4K 60FPS for both the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro?
2018-12-19
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Hope to have real 5D button customization in next update.
2018-12-20
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

brandonl2748 Posted at 12-19 20:15
When are we going to see 4K 60FPS for both the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro?

Very good if hardware supports it ;) i hope so.
2018-12-20
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Vendex Posted at 12-19 10:44
You mean maximum range?

I have personally experienced range issues with MP2. For me this is really really annoying. I tend to fly in the same place where I used to fly my old MP1. I had zero range issues with MP1 when I used to fly in a range of 1.5Km (1 mile). With MP2 I receive messages for "loss of signal" etc in a distance of 600m which is crazy! MP2 felt like a downgrade to this part.

At the same time, I have been reading so many reports on how well Occusync 2.0 performs.

Then I decided to test hard MP2 range. To do that  I picked a point on a hill and send the MP2 towards the sea at about 120m height and made sure unobstructed visual line of sight between my controller and MP2.

The result was unexpected. Instead of getting a loss of signal at around 500-600m distance,  I succeeded to send it at 2,2Km (1.3Miles) distance with no signal interference/loss messages. Maybe I could send it even further, I live in Greece (CE rules , not FCC) and didn't want to try it.   

I believe that MP2 definitely is more sensitive to signal interference giving "loss of signal" messages much more frequently and easily than MP1. But if unobstructed line of sight between controller and the Mavic exists you should have no issues.

That's my experience so far.
2018-12-21
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Capture.PNG
Take a look at this 16km total flight distance, 8 km in a direction of my mavic 2, no issues

2018-12-21
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Santa Claus will send us new FW update on Christmas Eve ??

Merry Xmas every body.
2018-12-23
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Vendex Posted at 12-19 10:44
You mean maximum range?

On paper the max range is better but in reality I kept getting signal loss errors flying in the same place where I did not encounter such problems with Mavic Pro and the white goggle.
2018-12-24
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

jpap Posted at 12-21 06:20
I have personally experienced range issues with MP2. For me this is really really annoying. I tend to fly in the same place where I used to fly my old MP1. I had zero range issues with MP1 when I used to fly in a range of 1.5Km (1 mile). With MP2 I receive messages for "loss of signal" etc in a distance of 600m which is crazy! MP2 felt like a downgrade to this part.

At the same time, I have been reading so many reports on how well Occusync 2.0 performs.

Thanks jpap! My exact experience! Thus my huge disappointment with the Mavic 2.
2018-12-24
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Vendex Posted at 12-21 10:51
[view_image]
Take a look at this 16km total flight distance, 8 km in a direction of my mavic 2, no issues

Glad that it is working well for you. I am not so lucky. Damn thing gets signal loss issues under 1Km when I had no issues with Mavic Pro before.
2018-12-24
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-24 23:17
Glad that it is working well for you. I am not so lucky. Damn thing gets signal loss issues under 1Km when I had no issues with Mavic Pro before.

Did you try other place in non-urban area to be sure and fly with different device (smartphone or tablet) with wifi turned off?
2018-12-25
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Vendex Posted at 12-25 05:29
Did you try other place in non-urban area to be sure and fly with different device (smartphone or tablet) with wifi turned off?

I tried flying out to sea. Best distance maybe 1km. With goggles RE, signal loss kicks in way before that. Slightly better but far cry from the claimed distance that it is suppose to be able to do and not as good as my Mavic pro with the white goggles.
2018-12-26
Use props
Mrs.Kross
lvl.1

Ukraine

I like this version
2018-12-28
Use props
towheaded-pilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does this firmware version incorporates the new GEO 2.0?
2018-12-31
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

akozc Posted at 2018-11-22 09:01
Autel Evo , which is only 900$ drone , can land within few mm ( millimeter , I repeat millimeter) ,  where it took off.
Shame on you DJI , your rivals slowly slowly overtaking you.

Yeah and that's why I sold my Evo and bought the Mavic 2 Zoom so DJI wouldn't go under.

2019-1-1
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

rarevfx_official Posted at 2018-11-22 01:56
Thanks!!

But please fix the bug with the DJI Go4 App update. Still can't update the Firmware via App "Network error"

Still can't update all of these wonderful updates.  Network connection issues.
2019-1-3
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

fans688fb282 Posted at 1-3 13:17
Still can't update all of these wonderful updates.  Network connection issues.

Have a look at this:

2019-1-3
Use props
liquidguru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232933 ft
United Kingdom

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-12-26 00:14
I tried flying out to sea. Best distance maybe 1km. With goggles RE, signal loss kicks in way before that. Slightly better but far cry from the claimed distance that it is suppose to be able to do and not as good as my Mavic pro with the white goggles.

I flew with my white Googles to 2km, no signal loss. Mainly over water, clear line of sight.
2019-1-3
Use props
Huckster6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582231 ft
Poland

Can you also add vertical photo to Mavic 2 Pro as in Mavic Pro? (gimbal turns 90 degrees)
2019-1-4
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

Huckster6 Posted at 1-4 13:27
Can you also add vertical photo to Mavic 2 Pro as in Mavic Pro? (gimbal turns 90 degrees)

From DJI's Mavic 2 FAQ:

"The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo."
2019-1-4
Use props
Huckster6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582231 ft
Poland

DroneDownunder Posted at 1-4 18:39
From DJI's Mavic 2 FAQ:

"The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo."

Thanks man!
2019-1-5
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

Very bad experience with 5D button, please make it more options, specially for press action. No customization for it atm.
2019-1-5
Use props
SkyReel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 385889 ft
United Kingdom

TimmysDad Posted at 2018-11-24 16:12
I updated my Mavic 2 Pro, both the firmware as well as the app. as shown on the attached screenshot.  But, I find no mention of the Tripod mode or of the Precision Landing, although maybe I won't until I use the RTH function if I understand correctly.
But, the Tripod mode is the one I'd like to use.  Am I not looking in the correct place - I'm clicking on the little remote control icon?  Thanks for any help.
[view_image]

..just tested the Precision Landing... It seems you don't need to select any options. Its on by default, and its amazing to see how the Mavic adjusts itself on descent to land within cms of Home.
A landing pad will help because I believe it takes a picture of Home and uses it as guidance when RTH is activated.  Happy Days
2019-1-6
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

The precision landing is good to be back.
2019-1-7
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Would be great if you guys could add way points and course lock in a future update, that used to be a feature i used a lot on the Mavic pro, would be amazing on the Mavic 2.  
2019-1-8
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 1-5 17:11
Very bad experience with 5D button, please make it more options, specially for press action. No customization for it atm.

Have any of you experience the function of the 5D button changes when u r flying with the godggles RE?
2019-1-14
Use props
ibidochkadepp
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

When will Mavic 2 get a firmware as promised? At this point promised features are still missing (you still cannot connect a Mavic 1 remote as secondary remote for M2), lens / camera distortion on M2 pro Hasselblad is a joke, no 4k 60fps on M2 pro, way points?, interferance with Googles RE and course lock are missing and many more.

DJI is releasing a new luxury remote for $650 extra instead of providing promised and expected features for M2 we already paid for.

So precision landling seems to be still faulty on M2 as well follow the next post... No firmware updates for M2 for almost 8 weeks now.... Sad sad sad... M2 is NOT a premium product....

Honestly, I am very disappointed with M2. Bringing up a new product fast and working out things afterwards? ok. But not doing any improvements for 2 months on M2 when still many promised features are outstanding? NOT GOOD!

DJI: WE PAID FOR IT! MANY OF US ARE REPEATED CUSTOMERS!!! HOW MUCH LONGER? YOUR CHOICE! I GUESS MANY ARE DEPARTING!
I myself ordered M1 and M2 during presentation without thinking about DJI keeping promises. No brainer. Because I trusted DJI. I build my first F450 with NAZA1, upgraded to NAZA 2 then motors etc. DJI is still a great company with great products. But you diversify too much. You lose contact with your customers. Once somebody picks those up, they will be gone. My bet. Hope not.

I am heavily disappointed. I will NOT order a DJI product again before firmware is up to promises. Trust is being lost.

Just FYI!

2019-1-15
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

May be ,I excited to early about precision landing.few days ago in late afternoon fligt  RTH shocked me. I was flying over the snow covered ground and expecting M2P will land on the landing pad as it did before. but it try to land nearly 3 m away directly on the half meter thick powder snow. I had to cancel the RTH and manually landed on the landing pad. During landing,  " precision landing " message did not show up as well. Don't know if the monocolor (pure white)snowy ground or the less ambient light in late afternoon were  triggered this issue.has anyone same or similar experience?
2019-1-15
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-12-24 23:17

Did you try forcing it to 2.4Ghz like the MP1 uses, perhaps you have issues in that area at 5.8Ghz that the controller can not resolve.
2019-1-16
Use props
Drameee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

viet.trandinhtruc Posted at 1-5 17:11

I totally agree with you.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules