Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Firmware Released ADDED Precision Landing
12Next >
5740 42 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481844 ft
Philippines

What’s New?
  • Shutter speed increased up to two seconds for Circle and Course Lock (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
  • Added Task Library to Hyperlapse Waypoint (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
  • Added Precision Landing.
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for Point of Interest 2.0 (see Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom User Manual for more details about obstacle sensing requirements).
  • Added voice alert for ActiveTrack 2.0 when the subject is lost (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later for iOS. Android version is coming soon).
  • Added on-screen display when shooting in Hyperlapse and Panorama (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).
  • Optimized the Vision Systems status display in DJI GO 4 (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later).

Overview
  • Date: 2018.11.22
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.02.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.5
  • DJI GO 4 App   Android: v4.3.4

2018-11-22
Use props
Thriller
First Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

This feature makes happy a lot of people
2018-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we thank you for sharing this information to our co-pilots. Just to add and take note of the following.

·  Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
·  Please note that update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
·  If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic v2.0.4, and retry.

Thank you.
2018-11-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

About time
2018-11-22
Use props
Speedyboy2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64183 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 03:53
Hi, we thank you for sharing this information to our co-pilots. Just to add and take note of the following.

Hallo habe das Update gemacht habe neu gestartet auch alle drei Akkus das Update erledigt und neu gestartet dann geflogen aber ich finde die Einstellung für das präzise landen nicht wenn ich automatischer Start mache kann ich nur starten mit 1,20 m Flughöhe mehr die präzise Landung ist nicht dabei wo finde ich sie danke im voraus
2018-11-22
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Thriller Posted at 11-22 01:47
This feature makes happy a lot of people

well said sir
2018-11-22
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 03:53

welcome dji gamora
2018-11-22
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

I hope someone will report their overall experiences with this UPDATE.  I'm not rushing to install it just yet.
2018-11-22
Use props
fans91864f2d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3424865 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will we see home and course lock return? I loved those 2 features. Also what about the promised Waypoints feature? (Page 30 of manual-not Hyperlapse waypoints)
2018-11-22
Use props
Speedyboy2
lvl.1
Germany

ff22 Posted at 11-22 07:34
I hope someone will report their overall experiences with this UPDATE.  I'm not rushing to install it just yet.

Also ich habe das Update gemacht die Sensoren funktionieren wieder

Nur das mit der präzisen Landung habe ich noch nicht gefunden ist auch noch nicht vorhanden
2018-11-22
Use props
Speedyboy2
lvl.1
Germany

Speedyboy2 Posted at 11-22 09:01
Also ich habe das Update gemacht die Sensoren funktionieren wieder

Nur das mit der präzisen Landung habe ich noch nicht gefunden ist auch noch nicht vorhanden

So I did the update the sensors work again

Only with the precise landing I have not found yet is not available
2018-11-22
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
Romania

Just got my new Mavic 2 Zoom, updated it a couple of minutes ago and got these errors. Thank you, DJI!

The drone is brand new, just started it and did some tests before the update, everything was ok.

Will try a firmware refresh now, in DJI Assistant 2.
04237D95-E825-47EA-B7C6-7A9969A55311.png
2018-11-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 11-22 12:38
Just got my new Mavic 2 Zoom, updated it a couple of minutes ago and got these errors. Thank you, DJI!

The drone is brand new, just started it and did some tests before the update, everything was ok.

What happens after you update the RC as it is suggesting ?
2018-11-22
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
Second Officer
Romania

Aardvark Posted at 11-22 12:47
What happens after you update the RC as it is suggesting ?

It seems that I am unable to update the remote:
- in DJI GO 4 I get a firmware update error.
- In DJI Assistant 2 I get an "Update Complete" message, but after restarting the remote, it is still running the old version of software and asks again to update. I repeated the update process, and it happens the same(stuck in a loop). After this, I tried to refresh the current firmware with no success.

Also trying to restore the factory settings for the remote, returns an error.

864A09A1-1098-40E3-A76D-38520EF69440.jpeg
A5A35D26-AA83-462E-BAE5-381FDF7D6E32.jpeg
D6BA3AE2-086C-47D4-B561-6F9B048EEAB8.jpeg
2018-11-22
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
Second Officer
Romania

Update: after uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone, I was able to install the remote control update, and all those errors from the aircraft status dissapeared.
2018-11-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 11-22 13:25
Update: after uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone, I was able to install the remote control update, and all those errors from the aircraft status dissapeared.

Good to hear all is now working, I assume you reinstalled latest version of DJI Go 4.
2018-11-22
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
Second Officer
Romania

Aardvark Posted at 11-22 13:53
Good to hear all is now working, I assume you reinstalled latest version of DJI Go 4.

Yes, after reinstalling the latest version of DJI Go 4, everything went ok, although I still don't understand why it wasn't possible to update the remote controller software through DJI Assistant 2.
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend updating the firmware of your RC using the DJI GO 4 app or DJI Assistant 2, however, glad that you were able to solve the issue in regards to the firmware update. We would like to apologize for the uneasiness for the firmware update. Thank you for the support.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
2018-11-22
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Speedyboy2 Posted at 11-22 09:04
So I did the update the sensors work again

Only with the precise landing I have not found yet is not available

The sensors always worked, just did not display on the screen until after takeoff in daylight. Precision Landing works automatically, comes on about 10 meters on the way down in RTH, no check box
2018-11-22
Use props
Speedyboy2
lvl.1
Germany

WRHershey Posted at 11-22 15:12
The sensors always worked, just did not display on the screen until after takeoff in daylight. Precision Landing works automatically, comes on about 10 meters on the way down in RTH, no check box

Good morning okay thank you for you answer the only thing what I miss ist Waypoints
2018-11-22
Use props
Speedyboy2
lvl.1
Germany

Speedyboy2 Posted at 11-22 22:24
Good morning okay thank you for you answer the only thing what I miss ist Waypoints
And waypoint and fixed wing mode
2018-11-22
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.4
Philippines

Fly safe Guys
2018-11-22
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What about the waypoints?

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-11-23
Use props
djiuser_vHRkOb9BystP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134642 ft
Cabo Verde

Hello, i have a problem with task library. When I try to save my task I have massage " task save failed". What can I do?
2018-11-23
Use props
zappy54
First Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

Happy to say just took Mavic 2 zoom out 2Hrs ago in the uk bit dull here and misty  PL worked great thanks DJI
2018-11-23
Use props
Wana_B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United States

I had a similar experience.
2018-11-23
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe you have the incorrect version of Assistant 2

The upper left corner,  where it says ASSISTANT 2........should say ASSISTANT 2 FOR MAVIC 2

Once you have the correct version ,  try again

Randy
2018-11-23
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I updated today.  Skipped the previous one.  Brave or foolish,  as maviczoom was working perfectly prior to updating with many flight hours.  Update took less than 10 minutes for both:aircraft and controller via DJI GO APP on my ipad pro 12.9 latest version. I shut off each and restarted and flew 3 batteries with no issues.  The reason I jumped in on this release is I was hoping it would address the range transmission issue with RE goggles.  It did not, range issue with RE goggles remains.  The same issue with goggles existed with my P4P V2 when it came out.  A couple firmware updates later fixed the issue with it.  Bummer.
2018-11-24
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the upgrade DJI, keep up the good work!
2018-11-24
Use props
windsurfkruzer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 186535 ft
Australia

Hi all.
Just had some flight time with new firmware. Must say Precision Landing is spot on. I tested it in plain grass surrounded by trees. That is without a landing pad. Still landed within 10cm each time.
NOTE: I believe it does require the user to take off vertically for some considerable distance to ensure the M2Z can capture some contrasting images. I tested RTH from within 5 meters of home position. The Mavic 2 (mine is a zoom):
-Flew towards Home Position.
-When close by, it climbed to anywhere between 16 and 25 meters to where it could possibly see some of the nearby trees as well as the grass. (My  return to home alt is 55M)
-Turned to face same direction as take off position
-Descended adjusting itself all the way down
-Landed within 10cm each time on plain grass.

I am very happy with outcome. Would be interested to see if the result would be different had I used a landing Pad with contrasting colours. A mission for my next charged up batteries :-)

Safe and happy flying to all.
2018-11-24
Use props
TVOD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

iFlylikeafridge Posted at 11-22 13:25
Update: after uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app on my iPhone, I was able to install the remote control update, and all those errors from the aircraft status dissapeared.

Hi I am having the  same problem as you had going to try to reinstall my iPhone app. its a bit mad it goes through the process and everything look as if it has worked then 5 mins later comes up with all the faults you had
2018-11-25
Use props
TVOD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

TVOD Posted at 11-25 03:33
Hi I am having the  same problem as you had going to try to reinstall my iPhone app. its a bit mad it goes through the process and everything look as if it has worked then 5 mins later comes up with all the faults you had

Cheers for that all fixed now, seems the Assistant 2 is flawed, i have it installed on my mac, cannot get it to  access flight records either, i have the latest version of assistant2 btw, well its the only one i can download

Thanks again Roy
2018-11-25
Use props
SoCal Dude
Flight distance : 695650 ft
United States

Can someone explain what this new feature means? ...

"Added on-screen display when shooting in Hyperlapse and Panorama (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.4 or later)"

2018-11-27
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Where are the hyperlapse task library menu located?
And where is the presc landing option?
Cant find any of them in the menus after update.
2018-11-29
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2849918 ft
Kuwait

windsurfkruzer Posted at 11-24 19:46
Hi all.
Just had some flight time with new firmware. Must say Precision Landing is spot on. I tested it in plain grass surrounded by trees. That is without a landing pad. Still landed within 10cm each time.
NOTE: I believe it does require the user to take off vertically for some considerable distance to ensure the M2Z can capture some contrasting images. I tested RTH from within 5 meters of home position. The Mavic 2 (mine is a zoom):

10 cm?  I get lucky to get 10 feet away.  I have updated all firmware required and the landings now are worse than before the firmware upgrade.  I usually have 17 to 19 satellites, compass is calibrated, the drone turns to the takeoff orientation at the RTH altitude, then lands 10' away.  I launch from a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood and RTH has never been able to hit it.  I have tried both auto takeoff, and manual takeoff as mentioned in some of the other forum replies.

Someone said there is no 'checkbox' to enable Precision Landing, is that correct?  Are you sure it isn't something I must activate first?
2018-11-30
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

LiteWeight Posted at 11-30 01:03
10 cm?  I get lucky to get 10 feet away.  I have updated all firmware required and the landings now are worse than before the firmware upgrade.  I usually have 17 to 19 satellites, compass is calibrated, the drone turns to the takeoff orientation at the RTH altitude, then lands 10' away.  I launch from a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood and RTH has never been able to hit it.  I have tried both auto takeoff, and manual takeoff as mentioned in some of the other forum replies.

Someone said there is no 'checkbox' to enable Precision Landing, is that correct?  Are you sure it isn't something I must activate first?

LiteWeight, make sure after your home point is recorded that you gradually ascend STRAIGHT up to about 25-30 ft  before flying off. The M2 remembers the image of the takeoff point and tries to match it when it lands. Your take off point needs to be distinctive and high contrast like from a landing pad.  Take off point cant be plain and featureless.  And yes there is NO checkbox for precision landing, it is automatic.........and only works on RTH when you are greater than 20 meters (or is it feet?) away from the home point I think, something like that........
2018-11-30
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.3
Kuwait

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 11-30 04:19
LiteWeight, make sure after your home point is recorded that you gradually ascend STRAIGHT up to about 25-30 ft  before flying off. The M2 remembers the image of the takeoff point and tries to match it when it lands. Your take off point needs to be distinctive and high contrast like from a landing pad.  Take off point cant be plain and featureless.  And yes there is NO checkbox for precision landing, it is automatic.........and only works on RTH when you are greater than 20 meters (or is it feet?) away from the home point I think, something like that........

Thanks Sato, I have tried all that.  I have a blue/red landing pad on my plywood so it should be getting a good reference picture.  Flew 3 times yesterday and I am now getting within about 4' from landing pad, it landed with 2 legs on and 2 legs off of the plywood.  I'm not going to make an issue of it as I land manually most of the time, but seeing the posts on here about PL made me want to try it.  I'm just not seeing the same results.
2018-11-30
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

LiteWeight Posted at 11-30 23:18
Thanks Sato, I have tried all that.  I have a blue/red landing pad on my plywood so it should be getting a good reference picture.  Flew 3 times yesterday and I am now getting within about 4' from landing pad, it landed with 2 legs on and 2 legs off of the plywood.  I'm not going to make an issue of it as I land manually most of the time, but seeing the posts on here about PL made me want to try it.  I'm just not seeing the same results.

Interesting. I usually land manually as well but yesterday for fun I spent one full battery doing nothing but precision landings.  I did probably 12 or so RTH precision landings and each time it landed within about 4 inches of the exact takeoff spot but each time it landed it was to the left and back.  Here's whats weird, my landing pad is blue on one side and orange on the other.  I was landing at first on the blue side up and probably 4 out of 6 landings on that side, I got an unsuitable landing spot warning just before touchdown. when I flipped it over to orange I didn't get a single warning LOL.  My M2 likes orange better I guess....
2018-12-1
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.3
Kuwait

That is interesting!  My landing pad is more blue than red, and it is also landing left and back.  I will try today with it flipped over.  It is just black on that side but will contrast well with the plywood.
2018-12-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules