Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any solution for this
1412 17 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danny151
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

so i have always been able to fly my drone here were i at home in my driveways, last Saturday morning i wanted to catch the sunset, so i take it out side and it had an update, the update was some kind of geo mapping, now i cant turn it on no more or fly, is there an update i can downgrade to?
2018-11-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I would like to clarify that you can't turn on your aircraft upon updating the firmware? Would you mind sending a short video of this concern? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-22
Use props
Danny151
Second Officer
United States

yes it did an update and wont let me turn it on, says im now in a flying zone.
2018-11-22
Use props
Danny151
Second Officer
United States

hello can any one help me ?
2018-11-24
Use props
cinnabun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Danny151 Posted at 11-24 06:28
hello can any one help me ?

Well in order for someone to better help you, I think posting a screenshot or photo of the error that you're getting might help those you're asking to help you..

If you don't want to do that then this is a No Fly Zone map that DJI hosts and you can find out which type of NFZ you're flying in.  If you live under a NO FLY ZONE then you CAN NOT fly there for your safety and for those that also live near or under the NFZ.

DJI NFZ Map
2018-11-24
Use props
Danny151
Second Officer
United States

cinnabun Posted at 11-24 06:38
Well in order for someone to better help you, I think posting a screenshot or photo of the error that you're getting might help those you're asking to help you..

If you don't want to do that then this is a No Fly Zone map that DJI hosts and you can find out which type of NFZ you're flying in.  If you live under a NO FLY ZONE then you CAN NOT fly there for your safety and for those that also live near or under the NFZ.

thanks the map help, they updated here were i live, i was able to fly, now i cant, wont turn on no more NFZ,
2018-11-24
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Captain
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

It's pretty hard to understand what you're saying.
Are you saying that the NFZ maps have updated and now you're no longer able to fly where you live ?
If so you need to check the reason for the NFZ - is it temporary (an event close by), or have they simply recognised a local NFZ (airport, prison, etc).

Depending on the answer, either wait for the NFZ to timeout or go fly somewhere that isn't in a NFZ and fly responsibly.
2018-11-24
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Danny151 Posted at 11-24 20:56
thanks the map help, they updated here were i live, i was able to fly, now i cant, wont turn on no more NFZ,

Telling the world you are going to fly illegally and probably  unsafely is a stupid thing  to do.

NFZ's are there for a reason.
2018-12-1
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 12-1 06:08
Telling the world you are going to fly illegally and probably  unsafely is a stupid thing  to do.

NFZ's are there for a reason.

I don't want to annihilate a plane full of people nor do I want to attack the U of Washington football stadium which is a few miles away from my house and yard.  But I'd like to be able to fly as high as the 50-60 foot tall trees on my lot and parking strip without these automatic restrictions completely locking me out.  

Might these restrictions be too much of a blunt force weapon?  Clearly, there could be a wacko but we allow them to purchase all kinds of other weapons.
2018-12-1
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

"Might these restrictions be too much of a blunt force weapon?"

Yes and it is improving apparently . It depends who is supplying the data to DJI and how DJI are implementing it. IT is a toss up between DJI making a mistake/being over cautious and the Data Supplier (a government agency?)  being over zealous or making a mistake.   Ask/complain to the FAA or whoever in your area and see what they say then talk to DJI

" Clearly, there could be a wacko but we allow them to purchase all kinds of other weapons."
That is the curse of living where you do but this is no place for a discussion on US gun laws :-)
2018-12-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

is there an update i can downgrade to?  

Strictly in answer to your question, not that I know of.  **You might be able to do a factory reset, selectively load firmware, and block last GEO update.**

**/** However before doing so, you need to find out if your home (flight location) is really now a NFZ.  

Or a case of DJI's latested GEO update having incorrect NFZ information for you home.  Which could be case, since DJI changed both NFZ / Airport data provider and DJI's software that utilize new data.  Could also be that previous NFZ / Airport data provider was missing NFZ / Airports.  DJI might have changed providers due to incorrect data or to save dollars.

One thing is clear, FAA is not doing its job.  There are Airports / Airstrips that are defunct, yet still listed.  Nor has FAA bothered to update database with working contact information.

2018-12-1
Use props
Danny151
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-1 12:02
is there an update i can downgrade to?  

is the zip, they update and made the hospitals landing Pad for Helicopters, thats whats happen.  so they added that to my area so now i can not even turn on the motors at all
2018-12-1
Use props
Danny151
Second Officer
United States

this was upload from me 3 days ago, but the video is about 3 months old.
and now i can not turn on the motors sad day. but im also close to an airport lyou can anding and hospital now. at the video 1.17 sec thats the field
2018-12-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Danny151 Posted at 12-1 15:17
is the zip, they update and made the hospitals landing Pad for Helicopters, thats whats happen.  so they added that to my area so now i can not even turn on the motors at all

Thought all you had to do was notify who ever was in charge of Hospital's Landing Pad.  There was no Block, and no Unlocking required.  
Guess, I need to bag-up my Bird, take it to Big City to see if I recently got shafted as well.   As mentioned in another thread, I may be buying an Electric Golf Cart...
2018-12-1
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 12-1 09:57
"Might these restrictions be too much of a blunt force weapon?"

Yes and it is improving apparently . It depends who is supplying the data to DJI and how DJI are implementing it. IT is a toss up between DJI making a mistake/being over cautious and the Data Supplier (a government agency?)  being over zealous or making a mistake.   Ask/complain to the FAA or whoever in your area and see what they say then talk to DJI

Improving???  Locally we have a few churches & even a local halfway house designated as NFZs.

Screenshot_20181125-215215.png
2018-12-1
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Talk to the FAA or whoever and see if they have them as NFZ's Get it in writing (email ?) and then send it to DJI for comment.

You never know it might be the churches and half way houses who are applying  for local NFZ's  they don't want people "spying" or "doing surveillance" on their congregation or vulnerable clients.  Can people apply for things to be included  as a NFZ?

In the UK looking at my maps schools and churches are not marked and NFZ and certainly not any half way houses.  So it must be something down to your local/state/national authorities rather than DJI

There is a bit of me that wants to suggest to the churches they have no need of an NFZ as  if their god does not want them videoed the camera simply won't record. :-)
2018-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Danny151 Posted at 12-1 15:17
is the zip, they update and made the hospitals landing Pad for Helicopters, thats whats happen.  so they added that to my area so now i can not even turn on the motors at all

There can be confusion as to what’s going on watch the video it gives a good explanation as to what’s happening who’s involved and why the need for NFZ.
While some may not agree I believe NFZ are in place to protect the public, property and the safe reputation of aviation , we seem happy to call our drones aircraft happy to call ourselves pilots, but for some that don’t like the rules of UAV avaition or being told when or where they can fly, I think they would be best taking this up with their countries Avaition Authorities or governments.

If you take your situation, someone said that contacting hospitals to get clearance to fly is the way it should be done. Just think about that one for a minute, hospital gives you clearance your flying and emergency comes in Helicopter can get in the air because your flying, whoever thinks of this logic needs to rethink it.
While it’s a pain to have to ask for permission to fly, as someone who experiences this from time to time, it’s not much harder than fixing distortion on your videos on M2. I can only speak for places I have flown and I have never flown in the US so have no experience of it there, but on this forum it seems the US are having more problems than elsewhere.

2018-12-2
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A very useful Video Can that be pinned somewhere useful. Although it applies to the USA it does give a good indication of what DJI is doing.

The NFZ have nothing to do with Drones per say.  It is general Civil Aviation Regulation for ALL aircraft. Who can fly what  and where.   Ie just as it is illegal to fly some aircraft (ie Drones) over 400 feet it is also illegal to fly other aircraft under 400 feet.  Equally all civil aircraft of all types are prohibited from military airspace.  It is general Aviation regulation

One thing I have noted is that the complaints see to all come from the USA. Not seen any one else complaining about NFZ.  So it seems to me that it is the people supplying the data to DJI from US local, state and Federal authorities.  In the video he mentioned varying regulations at local and State levels.  For example people have mentioned churches as having NFZ. Never seen that in the UK.   I don't think it is DJI that is the main  problem.  

I note that inthe video they mention they have changed from a circle to a more accurate NFZ maps.    So a lot of people will find they can fly close to airports where previously they couldn't whereas some my now find they can't
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules