452 3 2018-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ted11
lvl.2
Jersey

Hi Everyone,
I have a phantom 4 pro plus.
Yesterday I tried unsucessfully to update the no fly zone database, as suggested somewhere on this forum I updated the controller to v2.0.6.  to see if it would then allow me to update the NFZ.  (which it didn't),
However when I rebooted the phantom the camera had switched to photo, the shutter wouldn't work and it refused to switch back to video.
Somewhere else on this forum (which I now cannot find) someone suggested taking out the sd card rebooting the phantom and reinserting the sd card.
Surprise surprise it actually worked, unfortunately the story doesn't end there, this morning I booted up the phantom and low and behold the camera had switched back to photo and refused to switch to video, I repeated the fix, which worked again however after being left a few hours, booted up, the problem was back. I have repeated this 4 times and wondered if anyone had any experience of this problem?
Thanking you in advance,
Ted.

2018-11-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try formatting the card in the aircraft. Make sure you copy off any photos or videos you want to keep first, as formatting will erase them.
2018-11-22
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

I had camera issues last week, here's what solved the issue
I use a android device

go to settings > DJI GO > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > go back > uninstall app

reboot your device, and then download and install DJI GO

start up DJI GO, log in your account, go from there

2018-11-22
Use props
Ted11
lvl.2
Jersey

Hi Thanks for that,

I have tried formatting the card in the aircraft with no effect.

This is the phantom 4 pro plus so has the GO app installed, not sure if there is a way to uninstall but I will investigate.

Additionally this morning the same problem when booting up the aircraft and remote, however this time I tried a simple reboot without removing the SD card, the camera worked again.

At the moment  switching the unit on and off twice is providing me with a working drone, not ideal.

The weather at the moment isn't conducive to giving it a good trial, to make sure everything else is operating correctly.

More head shaking tonight.

Thanks for the input.

Ted.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules