DNG and ProRes licenses lost after update
980 7 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394528 ft
United States

I updated my Inspire 2, controllers and DJI Go 4 app yesterday in preperation for a job today (it's 1:37am as I type this). After the update, I ran through my settings and noticed my DNG and ProRes licenses were gone, resulting in the $'s to the right of the resolution options in the DJI Go 4 app. I plugged my drone into my computer to reactivate them with Assistant 2, which I've had to do before, and the licenses were gone in Assistant 2. I had originally purchased my I2 with the licenses preloaded from Adorama at the end of 2016 and have been using it professionally since. DJI customer service wasn't available and my call time today is 5:30am, 90 minutes before they open. The only option that seemed guarantee me being able to work today was to purchase new licenses. I purchased them and instantly they show up in Assistant 2. I plug in the verification code they sent me and DNG and ProRes are now working in the DJI Go 4 App.

The reason I'm writing this is that I shouldn't have had to purchase the licenses again. I had already purchased them in 2016 and had been using them for nearly two years. I've already submitted an email to support with my proof of purchases attached, requesting a a refund of the $1300 I had to pay today to get my licenses working again. I wanted to write here on the forum to make sure support was aware of the issue and was doing something about it. I've sent emails to support before that were never responded to.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi BrianDavis, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have the aircraft SN, your DJI Account and the purchase invoice of the unit? We'd like to check the exact status with the team.
Also, as you mentioned "sent emails to support before that were never responded to", is there any ticket number for reference? We'll investigate and help you get an update soon.
2018-11-23
Use props
BrianDavis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-23 03:35
Hi BrianDavis, we're sorry for the troubles. May I have the aircraft SN, your DJI Account and the purchase invoice of the unit? We'd like to check the exact status with the team.
Also, as you mentioned "sent emails to support before that were never responded to", is there any ticket number for reference? We'll investigate and help you get an update soon.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the help. The original Inspire 2 SN was 09YDDCML0f1710. In 2017 I sent it in to DJI for repair. Instead of a repairing it, I was sent back a different drone, SN 09Yde1c0040429. This is the drone I have been using since.

My DJI account is associated with my email address.

I'll attach  screen shots of my invoices:

As far as the emails I sent to the support department that I never got responses to, there was no ticket number sent to me because I never got a response. It was in late April of 2017. I had received back the replacement drone, SN 09Yde1c0040429, and the case they sent it to back in had significant scratches and gouges in it. It looked like it had been really beat up. My case that I had sent my original inspire 2, SN 09YDDCML0f1710 was pristine. I sent an email to DJI with photos of the damage and asking if they could replace the case if I sent it back to them. I never got a response.

As for now, I've been getting responses via email from someone named Red. Red is asking me to get a refund from the dealer for the licenses I just bought and Red will have your engineers generate me new License keys that will work with my Inspire 2.

I replied to Red letting Red know that I didn't buy the licenses from a dealer. I bought them from the DJI.com store. I've asked Red again to please refund the $1300 and have your engineers send me licenses keys I can use.

I've sent Red the full invoices for the original purchase in 2016 and the recent purchase of the licenses from DJI.com.

Thanks again for your help with this.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

BrianDavis Posted at 11-26 15:02
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the help. The original Inspire 2 SN was 09YDDCML0f1710. In 2017 I sent it in to DJI for repair. Instead of a repairing it, I was sent back a different drone, SN 09Yde1c0040429. This is the drone I have been using since.

Hi BrianDavis, we have investigated the whole process and very sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused, you don't need to purchase another license, we have informed the team to refund your order, you will receive the refund soon, I have also sent you PM, please check, thank you.
2018-11-27
Use props
BrianDavis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 00:32
Hi BrianDavis, we have investigated the whole process and very sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused, you don't need to purchase another license, we have informed the team to refund your order, you will receive the refund soon, I have also sent you PM, please check, thank you.

MINDY!!!!  You're the best! I appreciate you because you make things happen that actually help us customers. When I had image issues with my X5S in early 2017, Red was giving me the run around through email support, but you got me my RMA and took care of the issues. Here again, Red was giving me the run around through email support and you, thankfully, just make it happen. I received the refund notification today and I so appreciate your continued support. You make it easier for us to work and have fun with your products by offering and facilitating genuine solutions. I don't know if you know Red who's on your email support team, but someone has to talk to poor old Red. Ask Red to actually read the emails we send in and come up with actual solutions instead of just pushing the customers away with suggestions of going to the dealer to fix our problems. Thank you thank you thank you for all of your help with this issue and the issues in the past! Like I said, you're the best!
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BrianDavis Posted at 11-27 16:03
MINDY!!!!  You're the best! I appreciate you because you make things happen that actually help us customers. When I had image issues with my X5S in early 2017, Red was giving me the run around through email support, but you got me my RMA and took care of the issues. Here again, Red was giving me the run around through email support and you, thankfully, just make it happen. I received the refund notification today and I so appreciate your continued support. You make it easier for us to work and have fun with your products by offering and facilitating genuine solutions. I don't know if you know Red who's on your email support team, but someone has to talk to poor old Red. Ask Red to actually read the emails we send in and come up with actual solutions instead of just pushing the customers away with suggestions of going to the dealer to fix our problems. Thank you thank you thank you for all of your help with this issue and the issues in the past! Like I said, you're the best!

Brian, you are very welcome, I'm glad I can help, I will talk to Red to provide better support to our customers, please let me know if you need any further assistance, I will do my best to help.
2018-11-27
Use props
Jason Ruflin
lvl.1

United States

Wow, awesome support!!!!
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jason Ruflin Posted at 12-6 19:49
Wow, awesome support!!!!

Thank you, Jason, it is our pleasure to help our customers, if you have any concern, please contact us any time.
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules