P4 pro 2.0 or P4 advanced - decisions decisions..
454 6 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Awhile back I posted about deciding on a P4P or MP2 pro, from the feedback and a bit more research I decided on sticking with Phantom, since I already own a Phantom 4 so already own 3 batteries etc.

Now I was about to click the "buy" button on a Black Friday sale on the P4 Pro 2.0, when I notice I can get the P4 Advanced or the P4 Advanced + at a substantial amount less ($400 & $200) cheaper than the P4P 2.0 (not P4P 2.0+)

Now I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra $$ for the extra collision avoidance capability and the occu-sync transmission on the Pro 2.0.

I'm a pretty experienced pilot so the extra sensors are "nice to have" for me, but the occusync is tempting as at some point I may want to add goggles.

The P4A + is also tempting, as I could then fly without my iPad mini and use both my original P4 and the P4A+ at the same time if I wanted..

Also the fact that I could throw in the DJI care refresh and still be under the price of the P4P 2.0, but I've heard mixed reviews on the care refresh option.

Also I believe the option to use two controllers was going to be in a future firmware update, although I'd likely be using goggle plus controller than using two controllers (unless I could use my P4 controller as an extra viewing controller, but pretty sure I can't)

2018-11-23
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you fly beyond where you can see it? If not, occusync may not give you anything so save the money.
2018-11-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you're planning on Goggles then it has to be Occusync and the P4PV2.

I suspect I would be in a similar situation if I were ready to upgrade, if money isn't the primary consideration then for me (with P4 batteries) it would be the P4PV2.

There again....
2018-11-23
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have a P4A +.
Previously back in the day having owned a P2 with an externally mounted screen etc, which was not brilliant in bright sunlight.

After a great deal of research and reading reviews for me the remote with the 1000nit screen,  which is a complete compact all in one unit with a very fast start up “Power up and go” won the day.

I thought the same about the extra sensors etc, but in some flight modes they don’t work and other times they are not needed, several months down the road have I ever needed them - No, have I missed them No.

Personally all day and everyday the PLUS screen is the way to go, less to update, the battery on the remote is also fantastic, basically less hassle and more enjoyment, too many posts on here of people messing around with yet more apps and most phone/tablet batteries are not great at the best of times, in addition yet more to charge, leads etc - in life we all want less hassle.

The built in screen is also a big plus for me on which ever one you decide, also if you have the money, get the best.

Depending also on what you film or mess around with, make a tick list of Pro's and Con's - that may help.

2018-11-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If i was to do it again and money was a small factor, i would deffo go for the P4A the extra sensors are never used, and i am quite happy with the standard goggles....
2018-11-24
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

Thanks for the replies.

I seldom fly excessive distances away, but on occasion fly behind tree cover etc. where I have had lost video transmission on occasion.  I have heard that the occusync can help in those situations.

Honestly I don't think I'd really use the extra sensors that much, I usually turn off forward  collision avoidance on my P4 because I find it too restrictive. However with the narrow sensing the P4P has I may be tempted to use it more.

The P4A is tempting, with a price tag < 1000 for the model without built in display.  The bright display would be nice, but I can only thing of a few times the sunlight on my tablet was a real issue,

Part of me wants to wait until the Phantom 5 is announced, I expect P4 prices to drop accordingly soon after that.  Also may be tempted to spend the extra $$ for the P5 if it has what I heard it might..
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day cameracollector. Thank you for choosing DJI. For additional reference on both the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2 and the DJI Phantom 4 Advance. I will be posting a link where you can compare both drones and as well with other DJI Drones. I hope this can help you. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules