no live image or any picture on ipad screen
3079 20 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i cant get live feed up on screen .It says I have latest firmware and i get the signals up showing transmission levels .It says weak signal even though it is on the table next to it .I have tried the ipad and its lead on a friends p3 they work.The camera and video are working as i can take the card out and see video or stills .
Can anybody help with either ideas or if you have p4p in Bridgwater area of uk i could try swapping bird and handset to identify issue .How do you get on to diagnostics on go 4.

2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know what's the exact model of your drone? Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? Also could you please show us a screenshot of the screen so we can check? Thank you.
2018-11-23
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 14:19
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know what's the exact model of your drone? Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? Also could you please show us a screenshot of the screen so we can check? Thank you.

It is a phantom 4 pro i have also refreshed the firmware using assistant  2 since last post still no joy [img][/img]
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Damon1964 Posted at 11-23 14:46
It is a phantom 4 pro i have also refreshed the firmware using assistant  2 since last post still no joy [view_image][/img]

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Can you please connect the mobile device to a network with an Internet connection? Ensure that an adequate amount of GPS satellites can be searched (more than 10 satellites are connected and more than 4 signal bars are shown). Then turn on the remote controller, and the frequency band can be switched between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.

2. The Phantom 4 Pro supports dual frequency bands. Check whether "Remote Controller Type" is set to "Phantom 4 Pro" under Advanced Settings of the remote controller settings. If it is set to "Phantom 4 Advanced" or "Phantom 4", the frequency band cannot be set to 5.8 GHz.

3. If the issue persists, try to update the firmware again.

Please keep us posted for further help. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-11-23
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 15:28
Hi, thanks for the quick response. Can you please connect the mobile device to a network with an Internet connection? Ensure that an adequate amount of GPS satellites can be searched (more than 10 satellites are connected and more than 4 signal bars are shown). Then turn on the remote controller, and the frequency band can be switched between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.

2. The Phantom 4 Pro supports dual frequency bands. Check whether "Remote Controller Type" is set to "Phantom 4 Pro" under Advanced Settings of the remote controller settings. If it is set to "Phantom 4 Advanced" or "Phantom 4", the frequency band cannot be set to 5.8 GHz.

I had already switched between 2.4 and 5.8ghz before the last firmware update .The video signal indicator does not show any signal at 5.8 ghz .
2018-11-23
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Can you please connect the mobile device to a network with an Internet connection? Ensure that an adequate amount of GPS satellites can be searched (more than 10 satellites are connected and more than 4 signal bars are shown). Then turn on the remote controller, and the frequency band can be switched between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.

I can not find the advanced settings section in the remote controller section please clarify exactly how i reach this setting to select controler type
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Damon1964 Posted at 11-23 15:42
I can not find the advanced settings section in the remote controller section please clarify exactly how i reach this setting to select controler type

Hi. Kindly go to DJI Go 4 App. Tap the 3 dots icon on the top right corner and look for the Remote Controller icon. From there you will see the advanced settings. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-11-23
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

you say connect connect the mobile device to a network do you mean the ipad.
could you please explain all this in simple to follow steps ie .
1) turn on ipad and connect to internet .
2) take ipad outside and ensure connection to 10 satelites ( how exactly do i know how many satelites it is connected to )
3) select HD settings and switch to 5.8ghz
the only advanced settings tab i can find is under visual navigation settings and this does not have an option to select remote controller type
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Damon1964 Posted at 11-23 15:56
you say connect connect the mobile device to a network do you mean the ipad.
could you please explain all this in simple to follow steps ie .
1) turn on ipad and connect to internet .

Hi, have you tried to click the 3 dots icon? Please refer to the screenshot I provided. Also, please make sure that your app is updated to the latest version. Thank you.

2018-11-23
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 15:49
Hi. Kindly go to DJI Go 4 App. Tap the 3 dots icon on the top right corner and look for the Remote Controller icon. From there you will see the advanced settings. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

as i said the controller screen does not have an advanced settings tab .next picture is of the current software
2018-11-24
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

as you can see from the photos above the remote controller says version unknown but below it gives its serial number .When i try linking remote controller it just times out .I have also included the transmissions settings screen showing it is transmitting from the drone and receiving at the handset .
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Damon1964 Posted at 11-24 02:51
as you can see from the photos above the remote controller says version unknown but below it gives its serial number .When i try linking remote controller it just times out .I have also included the transmissions settings screen showing it is transmitting from the drone and receiving at the handset .

Hi, sorry for the delay. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller and aircraft manually? Kindly watch the video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

2018-11-24
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ok i have linked the remote controller as described in the video it confirmed it was linked and i pressed ok .There is still no advanced settings option available no picture and the remote is still, listed as version unknown
2018-11-24
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281371 ft
Germany

Damon1964 Posted at 11-24 09:03
ok i have linked the remote controller as described in the video it confirmed it was linked and i pressed ok .There is still no advanced settings option available no picture and the remote is still, listed as version unknown

Hi Damon1964,
have you tried to scroll the page down (swipe up)? It must be there however you have to update your DJI GO4 App or reinstall.
I see your remote controller firmware version is UNKNOWN you have to update or refresh the RC firmware first.
Have fun and fly safe!

2018-11-24
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i have tried to scroll up and down and i have as said earlier updated the software via assistant 2 ,there is a photo above showing the screen with no advanced settings option
2018-11-24
Use props
Phantom Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281371 ft
Germany

Damon1964 Posted at 11-24 17:33
i have tried to scroll up and down and i have as said earlier updated the software via assistant 2 ,there is a photo above showing the screen with no advanced settings option

You are right Damon1964 i checked it now, the advance settings is missing on my Ipad mini 4 but it is there on my Samsung S9 Plus
Just try to refresh the RC firmware as shown in the video above but make sure your ipad is connected to the internet.
2018-11-24
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Phantom Pilot Posted at 11-24 17:55
You are right Damon1964 i checked it now, the advance settings is missing on my Ipad mini 4 but it is there on my Samsung S9 Plus
Just try to refresh the RC firmware as shown in the video above but make sure your ipad is connected to the internet.

i have already refreshed the firm ware still no advanced settings did the refresh work on your ipad mini .I too have used a samsung s8 and did get a little bit of a picture for a second or 2 however the bottom 7/8 of the picture was completely pixelated and frozen
2018-11-25
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You are right Damon1964 i checked it now, the advance settings is missing on my Ipad mini 4 but it is there on my Samsung S9 Plus

when my daughter gets up again i will try the S8 again and see if the advanced setting tab is on there thanks
2018-11-25
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i have just tried a samsung S8 as well still no advanced settings button
2018-11-25
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

the S8 does however not list the remote controller as unknown it says 1.04.01.00
2018-11-25
Use props
Damon1964
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-24 08:21
Hi, sorry for the delay. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller and aircraft manually? Kindly watch the video tutorial below for reference. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKa8F1rsx-o

i dont know if you get the new messages i have added if i dont reply directly to you so i am doing this now could you review what i have posted lately and reply please
2018-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules