4529 30 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43773 ft
Denmark

Hello good people
I'm new with Mavic. Today I've noticed that is something wrong (i presume) with my Mavic 2 Zoom controller. While I've been updating drone and RC cooler on it starts working, and this is ok, but when I'm moving or turning around fan is getting strange noise. I have to say, that is new Mavic 2 Zoom, flyed 2 times.
On Video it sounds like shaving maschine, live more like a small cable or bit of plastic getting on the fan.
What should I do? Somebody had this problem?
Thank you in advance.
J.J.

2018-11-23
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bad fan.  That sucks.  I noticed mine getting a little bit louder but nothing like that.  Maybe DJI went cheap on the fan or DJI'S fan supplier is the issue.  
2018-11-23
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

Do you thing I should send it to warranty?
2018-11-23
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I would.  Shouldn't be like that.   
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. It is recommended to send in the drone for repair service. Our repair team will evaluate the drone to check if warranty repair can be applied to this. You may contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-11-23
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

JJ79ty Posted at 11-23 13:20

Well, if new, and if purchased locally, you might want to return it to the shop.  Or see if they can give you an advanced return where they send you a new one and you send the defective one back to them.

Good luck.
2018-11-23
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 14:30
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. It is recommended to send in the drone for repair service. Our repair team will evaluate the drone to check if warranty repair can be applied to this. You may contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for your answer. What if I have DJI Refresh Service? And how long it would take to get it back?
2018-11-23
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

ff22 Posted at 11-23 14:34
Well, if new, and if purchased locally, you might want to return it to the shop.  Or see if they can give you an advanced return where they send you a new one and you send the defective one back to them.

Good luck.

Thanks. I have also DJI Refresh Service so I hope it would cover this as well. All the best!
2018-11-23
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

That's not good. Better take it back or file a case with DJI.
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JJ79ty Posted at 11-23 14:50
Thanks. I have also DJI Refresh Service so I hope it would cover this as well. All the best!

Hi there, you can send your remote controller to our repair center and  once your unit pass the qualification for replacement we will replace it, if this a manufacture defect it will cover by your warranty  and will undergo repair . We're sorry to say but remote controller is not cover by the DJI care refresh. Thank you for understanding .
2018-11-23
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Diana Posted at 11-23 15:49
Hi there, you can send your remote controller to our repair center and  once your unit pass the qualification for replacement we will replace it, if this a manufacture defect it will cover by your warranty  and will undergo repair . We're sorry to say but remote controller is not cover by the DJI care refresh. Thank you for understanding .[view_image]

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately there is no DJI rapair center in Denmark. I’ll ask support center on Monday what should I do.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJ79ty Posted at 11-24 00:00
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately there is no DJI rapair center in Denmark. I’ll ask support center on Monday what should I do.

The main service centre for Europe is in the Netherlands. Raise a ticket with DJI support for UPS to collect.
2018-11-24
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

A CW Posted at 11-24 00:59
The main service centre for Europe is in the Netherlands. Raise a ticket with DJI support for UPS to collect.

Thank you for your answer. I’ll do this.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJ79ty Posted at 11-24 01:02
Thank you for your answer. I’ll do this.

No problem - here is the link for DJI repair services.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-11-24
Use props
iFlylikeafridge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

JJ79ty Posted at 11-24 00:00
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately there is no DJI rapair center in Denmark. I’ll ask support center on Monday what should I do.

Usually, the shop that sold you the drone should send the remote to DJI for repairs/replacement. This is a general EU warranty rule.
2018-11-24
Use props
MPP Pilot
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic pro 2 zoom just starter to have the SAME issue now ! The drone is not even a month old and only flew a couple of time. Contacting DJI now for a repair
2018-12-25
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

Hi Pilots I've just got RC from repair. Looks, like antenas are changed. Now is silent even when cooler is working. I had just a problem with connecting it to drone. But support helped me. If somebody will have this problem after repair:

All the best
2019-1-21
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

So .... Yesterday, after updating RC I've notice, that is not repaired
Today I'm requesting for service. Another 10 days (minimum) without Mavic .... Time to fly with Yuneec Typhoon q500 4K... I'm a little disappointed I have to say .
2019-1-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJ79ty Posted at 1-25 03:25
So .... Yesterday, after updating RC I've notice, that is not repaired  
Today I'm requesting for service. Another 10 days (minimum) without Mavic .... Time to fly with Yuneec Typhoon q500 4K... I'm a little disappointed I have to say .

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your remote back soon so you can get back in the air. Its good to hear that you have another aircraft you can use while your current one is grounded so at least you wont miss much!
2019-1-25
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

FU*K ! I've got RC second time from repair!!!!! AND SECOND TIME IT'S THIS SAME!!!! Nothing repaired! Sounds like shaving machine!
Over 20 days without flying, because of 2 times sending to service!  Now, I have to do this third time...and I don't belive it will be repaired this time!!!! Until warranty or DJI CARE REFRESH gone??
I'm fuck**g irritated!

2019-2-5
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2018-11-23 14:34

Good luck.

Advance return? Good luck with that!

DJI just RMA'd my days old Smart Controller but as I purchased it as part of a £2227 bundle with FMK & Care Refresh if I send it in I will be unable to fly.

I respectfully requested if DJI could send me a replacement and I return mine on receipt.

The answer was a resounding NO!

From what I've read I stand a good chance of getting the same controller or one with the same issues back so I think I'll hang on and see if the issues I have can be sorted with a firmware/software fix...at least the issues aren't life-threatening and I can overcome one of them by connecting to DJI Assistant on a computer to update the aircraft firmware.

I had an email exchange with them even before my M2P arrived and was amazed at their ignorant, intransigent attitude so none of this surprises me.

It was one of the things that put me off buying a DJI product going back to the original Phantom.

Great products...appalling support.

Just venting...sorry!
2019-2-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-5 04:31
Advance return? Good luck with that!

DJI just RMA'd my days old Smart Controller but as I purchased it as part of a £2227 bundle with FMK & Care Refresh if I send it in I will be unable to fly.

I'm sure it won't matter but some manufacturers do allow Advanced Returns but they take a credit card number to guarantee that the "defective" product is returned in a reasonable time.  If not returned they will charge the card.  That way they are guaranteed the product will be returned or they don't lose.

Of course, they have to be set up to allow that back and forth process but it works really well and speeds up the replacement of defective warrantied products and makes customers HAPPY!
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

A CW Posted at 2018-11-24 00:59

And not only the main but ONLY one in the Europe.... which is really a shame.
2019-2-6
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2-6 08:53
I'm sure it won't matter but some manufacturers do allow Advanced Returns but they take a credit card number to guarantee that the "defective" product is returned in a reasonable time.  If not returned they will charge the card.  That way they are guaranteed the product will be returned or they don't lose.

Of course, they have to be set up to allow that back and forth process but it works really well and speeds up the replacement of defective warrantied products and makes customers HAPPY!

You are right some manufacturers do and I've been given and taken up this offer before. It acts as a good incentive to send things back otherwise the charge is taken from the card.

I'd have no issue with DJI taking my credit card as a guarantee/safeguard for them but the option was not offered/available.

I've decided not to send it in under RMA so I can continue flying and not end up like the poor soul in this thread who has suffered three times now.

I'll take my chances that it will be resolved by a firmware update similar to how they fixed some other issues I was experiencing ir until a standard controller crosses my path at a reasonable price.

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-6
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

So... new RC received. I would like to thanks for extra gift. DJI has suprissed me!
After all, I'm not so irritated any more. Everything works like it's should.
2019-2-19
Use props
AZRJR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJ79ty Posted at 2018-11-23 13:20

Is the pope Catholic ?
2019-2-19
Use props
MrYKBQdV
lvl.1

Spain

Same issue here. Notified to support.eu@dji.com and received request 2209440 as reply.
As a I was preparing for the first flight I turned on the Remote controller RC and left it on, without even connecting the RC to the drone. After a short while (2-3 minutes) the fan inside of the RC started spinning for no reason (not even connected to the drone). After 1 more minute or so the fan starts spinning even louder and I can tell by tilting the remote that something is very wrong with this controller since the pitch of the noise changes, either there are bad bearings in the fan or some cable is sitting on top of the fan.
2019-7-4
Use props
MrYKBQdV
lvl.1

Spain

I am trying to post a video but get the "Sorry, you do not have permission to post the URL connection" error. DJI can you help?
youtu.be/c8sN7ZBexMM
2019-7-4
Use props
MrYKBQdV
lvl.1

Spain

Here is a video reproducing the problem. You can watch the full video or jump directly to minute 11:30 to hear the problem.

Either way there is no reason why the fan should be turning on under this circumstances, also no reason why the remote should be heating up so fast when its not being used (it reaches 33-35º C right before I turn it of). And since its my first DJI I can't really tell if battery depletion rate is normal or not, but 1% every 2 minutes in an idle remote just does not sound normal to me.

Really really disappointed with DJI, very bad build quality and this seems like a widespread issue in the official DJI forums, Youtube and other sites. Please see below links to users reporting the same issues.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-99820-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-177624-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-173058-1-1.html

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-pro-2-controller-loud-buzzing-fan-noise.54636/
2019-7-4
Use props
djiuser_zRZQrQoTREo9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417530 ft
United States

Has this been considered "normal"??  I just bought brand new Mavic 2 Pro, my controller sounds exactly the same as videos I have seen.   Sounds perfect when held a certain way, yet has various tone change including shaving clipper sound when moved slightly wiggle back and forth.

I can live with it, not because I want to though..
2020-4-25
Use props
JJ79ty
lvl.1
Denmark

djiuser_zRZQrQoTREo9 Posted at 4-25 15:30
Has this been considered "normal"??  I just bought brand new Mavic 2 Pro, my controller sounds exactly the same as videos I have seen.   Sounds perfect when held a certain way, yet has various tone change including shaving clipper sound when moved slightly wiggle back and forth.

I can live with it, not because I want to though..

Hi! Finally I’ve got brand new controller after I’ve contact direct DJI, not “service” in Holland.
I couldn’t live with this, because it’s not budget product but premium.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules