Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Task Library
12Next >
5708 57 2018-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

As some others here, been receiving error message when trying to save to the new Task Library.

DJI...can you (anyone for that matter) supply a nuts 'n bolts tutorial on this NEW feature???

2018-11-23
Use props
djiuser_vHRkOb9BystP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134642 ft
Cabo Verde

I have the same problem " save task failed "
2018-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi geoffz, we thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the troubles you had recently. Just to confirm, you are having issues with the Task Library feature of the latest firmware with the Mavic 2?  Would it be possible to share a screengrab of the errors you had? You have to make sure you have upgraded your DJI Go 4 app to at least v4.3.5 for the iOs and v4.3.4 for the Android. Kindly let us know if you still encounter some errors. Thank you.

2018-11-24
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 04:28
Hi, kindly share a screen grab of the issues you had. Apologies for this. Kindly update the DJI Go 4 app to its latest update, v4.3.5 for the iOs and v4.3.4 for Android. Let us know if the issues still persist. We appreciate your support. Thank you.

[view_image]

This was from my Crystal Sky running DJI GO4 4.3.4 update that was pushed a few days ago

2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_vHRkOb9BystP
lvl.1
Cabo Verde

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 04:28
Hi, kindly share a screen grab of the issues you had. Apologies for this. Kindly update the DJI Go 4 app to its latest update, v4.3.5 for the iOs and v4.3.4 for Android. Let us know if the issues still persist. We appreciate your support. Thank you.

[view_image]
Hello, my app is updated to v4.3.4 on andrioid oreo.
2018-11-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cinnabun Posted at 11-24 06:49
This was from my Crystal Sky running DJI GO4 4.3.4 update that was pushed a few days ago

[view_image]

Hello Cinnebun,

I looked at my screen grab on the CS and on my screen....I do not even have the 'task library' icon displayed just below the hyperlapse mode icon as shows here on your screen grab.

When DJI debuts these new feature, it would be nice to show a tutorial on how they fuction.

2018-11-24
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

geoffz Posted at 11-24 09:00
Hello Cinnebun,

I looked at my screen grab on the CS and on my screen....I do not even have the 'task library' icon displayed just below the hyperlapse mode icon as shows here on your screen grab.

You prob won't see that task library icon until you go into Hyperlapse mode and then select the waypoints option as of right now I think only waypoints and circle mode have this feature applied to it.
2018-11-24
Use props
chief_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177510 ft
United States

I tried the save task several times and I got the same message task not saved, I do have DJIGO4 v 4.3.4
2018-11-24
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Same problem here. When i hit save, the error mesage appears. Everything (craft-rc- android app) updated to latest updates.  

The usual answer from Dji  is downgrade and update again firmware, remove and reinstall app. I will try to do that tomorrow.

Tonight i will try flying IOS (my ipad mini holder has not arrived yet), since i see everyone here is flying android...

I was worried it was only my M2P before i find  this topic, finally its so nice to feel youre not allone in this world

P.S. I save my hyperlapse frames for editing later. In my windows panel right clicking them i see its size 960x640 but opening in lightroom-photoshop it is 5568x3648, just fine.

2018-11-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 11-24 11:34
[view_image]

Same problem here. When i hit save, the error mesage appears. Everything (craft-rc- android app) updated to latest updates.  

Did go out today and did some testing.

Task Library icon shows up ONLY in "Waypoint" option.

Still unable to save a waypoint mission to the Task Library.

Continue to get the Failed to save prompt.

This is a big glitch with the 'new' firmware update!!

Please Fix it DJI...
2018-11-24
Use props
djiuser_vHRkOb9BystP
lvl.1
Cabo Verde

I still have the same problem " save task failed"
Please fix it
Screenshot_20181123-144105.jpg
2018-11-25
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Update.
Today i tested my ipad and it succesfully saved  task,  loaded it after hours,  and completed it, not so perfect though.

So i think its another issue on android devices only.

I do prefer android because its easier to manage-delete-trnasfer-upload files, flights, cache etc.
So i hope DJI could fix 2 big issues for me, the save task issue and the charging phone button (like ios) to prevent the remote from charging the android phone.
2018-11-25
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too can not save to task library on a s8 plus.
2018-11-25
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 11-25 09:56
Update.
Today i tested my ipad and it succesfully saved  task,  loaded it after hours,  and completed it, not so perfect though.
[view_image]

Thanks...Interesting if not all good news report.

I'll have to fly with my iPhone today and give it a go.

I really prefer to fly with the Crystal Sky...no comparison with iPhone device for brightness/clarity/detail.

So indeed, I hope DJI hears our concerns and fixes these issues sooner than later.

However, knowing this/DJI, we'll probably have to wait for the next update!!

You really start to wonder...Do these engineers really ever "field" test these new functionalities??
2018-11-25
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update.
[view_image]

So I tested with my iPhone and as you mentioned, the task library saves/loads/deletes just fine.

Not surprising really since DJI has always been Apple centric!

Seems they don't bother to test or write code for Android until somebody pops up to complain that there new functions/feature don't work with 'their' own accessories such as the Crystal Sky Monitor!!  Not to mention, I would suppose with any other android based device.

Come on DJI...FIX IT~~~~
2018-11-25
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

geoffz Posted at 11-25 15:32
So I tested with my iPhone and as you mentioned, the task library saves/loads/deletes just fine.

Not surprising really since DJI has always been Apple centric!

I hope your hyperlapses match exactly, i did 3 times the same task, every one was a bit off...
I will look in the saved raw dng files to see if it can be matched.

And yes, i agree with you, dji likes apple.
I hope they will fix the issues soon.
2018-11-25
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 11-25 17:08
I hope your hyperlapses match exactly, i did 3 times the same task, every one was a bit off...
I will look in the saved raw dng files to see if it can be matched.

If DJI hopes to lure those that fly survey's then they'd better be accurate!

The only person I know that does that sort of work, flys a I2.

Any case, I personally don't require that kind of precision but regardless, it should be available for those that want/need it.

Well, maybe DJI will chime in this week with the usual canned response and we'll take it from there.
2018-11-25
Use props
surfandturftravel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 565531 ft
Georgia

DJI Please hear our cries!  Android needs love too!   Every-time I see an update from DJI I see the disclaimer (Android - coming soon).  BahhH!   Don't they know that Samsung and hawaiew phones both outsell Apple, and that Android is the overwhelmingly favorite OS for both?  Guess I will have to just steal my GF phone.   
2018-11-26
Use props
jodijodi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42280 ft
Germany

Same here with Android Huawei Mate 10 Pro, DJI Go 4.3.4 and all DJI components on the new Firmware. Saving a task always fails/brings that message (this was already the case in firmware .100 last week) and the clipboard with the task list is of course always empty.
Screenshot_20181125-225521~01.jpg
2018-11-26
Use props
jodijodi
lvl.2
Germany

Is there at least only one Android user where it works? I guess not...
2018-11-26
Use props
Drekko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62365 ft
Australia

I have the same issue. Both Save tasks fail on Crystal Sky and Google Pixel 2 phone

Glad I am not the only one but hey DJI - you heard of testing ?

Comon guys get it together...
2018-11-26
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drekko Posted at 11-26 15:43
I have the same issue. Both Save tasks fail on Crystal Sky and Google Pixel 2 phone

Glad I am not the only one but hey DJI - you heard of testing ?

FYI...via DJI FB support:

"Thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback coming from our developers. Unfortunately the option task library icon is not yet available with the crystal sky monitor.
that option is only available for the mobile device and tablet as of now."

(That is  not entirely true because, as yet, no android mobile device/tablet user has popped up to say it works for them.)

(Further inquiry produced the following)

"Sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately, there's no confirmation yet of the new update for the Crystal Sky with the compatibility of the new update for the Mavic 2 Series. Duly noted that it's already forwarded and already under work."

Now maybe if they'd made that clear upon introducing the update...expectations from commercial pilots that fly Crystal Sky...errr...but then again, it's an all too familiar rhetoric  that android user have become accustomed to.
2018-11-28
Use props
jodijodi
lvl.2
Germany

Gamora, you asked for more details and screenshots, you got it already a few days. Just keep us informed that DJI realized the problem and is working on it. I'm not exepecting a solution within minutes. I also can understand, if the fix will come in the next firmware with other updates/improvements. Just let us know what is planned and when we can expect a solution. Keep in contact with us like you did before so well!
2018-11-29
Use props
fansddfe8f14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1243432 ft
United States

The addition of precision landing was nice but Just to add one more voice...  

I have been waiting for hyperlapse with waypoint storage  from the moment I ordered the Mavic 2 Pro, which was the day after the product launch where I saw it featured and assumed would be included in the initial release. As of this morning, I am running DJI Go4 4.3.4 on both a Samsung S8 (Android 8.0.0) and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Android 7.0).  My Mavic 2 Pro is current on all firmware, and I am having the same "Save Task Failed" issue on both of my devices.  It is hard to imagine DJI has a QA release testing program for Android at this point.  If they do, it cannot be considered effective as this is a big miss impacting many users and platform variations.  I'm really happy with DJI products overall but this is quite disappointing for those of us who expected to film the fall turning into winter and spring.  Especially for me as there is a major build going on across the street from my house and I had hoped to document the progress from fields to final construction over the next year using hyperlapse as demonstrated in the See The Bigger Picture event.  

DJI please don't make us wait for months.  This worth doing a one off update!
2018-11-29
Use props
Paulonsp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5654984 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Alguma nova informação?
2018-12-5
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Paulonsp Posted at 12-5 19:42
Alguma nova informação?

Afraid not!

Probably have to wait for the next DJI Android update!

Is that correct DJI??
2018-12-5
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I tried the save task several times and I got the same message task not saved on Samsung S9 plus, I  have DJIGO4 v 4.3.4
2018-12-6
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Dji Fix it on Android!!!!
2018-12-8
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update.
[view_image]

Phantom_Film...

Were you have to test to see how accurate the second pass was?
Were you able to move the second pass a few frames in post to make it match the first pass?

I understand that perhaps GPS is not the most accurate when it comes to frame accuracy.
2018-12-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

geoffz Posted at 12-9 15:29
Phantom_Film...

Were you have to test to see how accurate the second pass was?

Yes i did move in the timeline the clips but no match at all. Diferent angle of view. I also tried to match the raw pictures but they could not match in anyway. I did not make more tests to see in other occasions. I found out it has a bad gimbal, tilt motor , so i must send it in....i will try more hyperlapses soon i hope.
2018-12-10
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 12-10 17:16
Yes i did move in the timeline the clips but no match at all. Diferent angle of view. I also tried to match the raw pictures but they could not match in anyway. I did not make more tests to see in other occasions. I found out it has a bad gimbal, tilt motor , so i must send it in....i will try more hyperlapses soon i hope.

Good to hear back from you.

I'm going to do some test as well to try and match 2 different missions.

Your gimbal issue surly would have some effect on the outcome.

2018-12-10
Use props
Drekko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62365 ft
Australia

Still no fix or working on ALL android devices not just Crystal Sky
2018-12-18
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Drekko Posted at 12-18 16:47
Still no fix or working on ALL android devices not just Crystal Sky

YES...DJI..!!

Imagine how many people in the Android community is being inconvenienced!!

Real Shame.
2018-12-19
Use props
bbombek5
lvl.2

Slovenia

Really still nothing??? SAVE TASK FAILED ISSUE is not some random ISSUE!!! Come on DJI you sold me the drone because of that feature and it wasn't there and now it is and is doesn't work on Android?? Who still buys Apple?? And I was considering buying your OWN Crystal sky monitor and you dont support save way point on that ether?? This really is a shame. I was sure that with the new android DJI go App update it would be fixed... and still not??? WTF
2018-12-23
Use props
Timelapser
lvl.1
Russia

I have the same problem ! SAVE TASK FAILED!  Hey, DJI! Don`t ignore this problem!
2019-1-4
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I don't have any issue saving to the task library.
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
United States

Have you ever successfully save anything to the task library at all?
2019-1-5
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CharlieZ Posted at 1-5 15:02

Only with IOS

DJI has still NOT addressed this issue with Android devices.
2019-1-5
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
United States

geoffz Posted at 1-5 15:25
Only with IOS

DJI has still NOT addressed this issue with Android devices.

There you go!
I'm using an ios device, there is no issue.
2019-1-5
Use props
Timelapser
lvl.1
Russia

CharlieZ Posted at 1-5 15:02

never at all, since i bought mavic 2
2019-1-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules