2008 21 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153907 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Love my spark, but each time i go flying, it goes into ATTI mode between 1-5 times.

Since I have no other dron eto compare with, I would like to ask you how ofter your drone goes into ATTI mode?

Im currently flying in Finland near Akaslompolo (Yllas) no houses, parkings or other things near by, and the ground is rock and mountains.

I like sports mode, and to push the drone around. But ATTI mode also apears when I do senic slow flights.

Kindest regards, Ian
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It happened to me twice in over 70 flights with the Spark.
2018-11-24
Use props
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Denmark

Wow. Sounds like something is wrong with my spark. Only had one flight without ATTI mode
2018-11-24
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ian Nielsen Posted at 11-24 01:14
Wow. Sounds like something is wrong with my spark. Only had one flight without ATTI mode

Hi Ian,

Mayby this helps, not scientific proven but is worked for my Spark.

I had a time with too much ATTI moments as well.
Performed a compass swing real slow, i mean slooooow.

Had my Spark in a open big green field on the ground powered on,
Mob device 15 meters away, activate compass calibration,
Walked to my Spark, picked it up and turned 360 + 90 degrees, after that nose down and again 360 + 90 degrees extra (because i cannot see my device...)
Put it on the groud, walked to my device ; comp cal OK and start flying.

Never had ATTI again.

So give it a try and report back.

Cheers
JJB
2018-11-24
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Could it be the location?
I've had 2 atti's in 150+ flights, both in exactly same location!
Here is a link to one of them:

Notice the Spark struggle to hold the horizon leveled just before atti. Whenever I see this, I let my sticks free. Let it stabilize. Landing as soon as possible...
2018-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Windy?
"I like sports mode, and to push the drone around"
Plus sport(iv moving) = almost certain atti

Calibrate IMU and Compass to very low green numbers in the app diagramm
And fly again.
But: Have you had "compass error" or such, in the flights?
upload some of your flights to :
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
and check yourself or post the links of the logs back to the forum, in case you want some opinions of some (forums-) analysts!
2018-11-24
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Never been in ATTI mode.  I have only calibrated the compass one time.  Calibrated it during set up when it was new a year ago.

Your operating proceedure has issues or the drone has problems if you see ATTI mode each time you go flying.  Compass error then ATTI mode?  IMU error?  GPS loss?  Weird magnetic fields from iron rocks where you live?
2018-11-24
Use props
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Finland

This is the log from where I missed the drone but found it again.

Log for where I lost my drone, but found it again

This one is just a normal flight.

Normal flying

Hope you can see anything in these logs.

The drone is less than 10 days old. I looked some of the first flight logs, But I dont see that many errors in those. :/ Only crash was from the first log, where it already made a million fails.
2018-11-24
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sylvester switched to atti mode once when I was pretty high and far away. I used the camera to turn it back toward myself and shoved it forward. Only lasted a few seconds. I think something is goofy with yours.
2018-11-24
Use props
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Denmark

I've posted two logs in an earlier comment. If some one would be so kind to take a look.
2018-11-24
Use props
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Denmark

Where I lost my drone and found it.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/FC3VC5BGANXKBVW7WKKZ/

Just a flight today.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/599O12HA0K2E0S10LHQS/
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian Nielsen Posted at 11-24 01:14
Wow. Sounds like something is wrong with my spark. Only had one flight without ATTI mode

It's probably your location. Some great advice there from JJB.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft will be forced to switch to ATTI mode in any case that the GPS is weak or the compass experienced an interference. We highly recommend flying the aircraft in an open area wherein there are no interferences and kindly check the GPS if it's strong enough. Please re-calibrate the compass and IMU of your aircraft to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-25
Use props
Ian Nielsen
lvl.1
Finland

I've update the software to the latest, with DJI Assistant, calibrated the compass and the IMU.

It has less problems now. and this time it only sad ATTI mode one time in three flights. So I hope it solved the problem.

Thank you all for the help. Ill keep this post updated when I've taken it for 5-10 more flights to get a better view of the situation.

2018-11-26
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Only had it once in about 75 fights with the Spark (and that time was indoors in a small living room).
2018-12-31
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I have only used it twice outside, the first flight went without incident, the second one disconnected at 15 feet from me and initiated a RTH, then I regained connection of the remote and landed it. That was the last time it flew.  From what I see, it is not so bad to have it in ATTI mode if you can control it and have it in your line of sight, but if it also disconnect because it is too far away, then you're out of luck. It seems that if it is very far away and disconnect from the RC, it will come back fast in sport mode and that's when it can go wrong. No connection to the RC and yaw error, poof ATTI and good bye Sparky.

So far for me 0 ATTI in 2 flights. 1 disconnection from the RC in 2 flights. I took out my little Hubsan X4 to practice ATTI again, but the Spark should be extremely different to pilot in ATTI mode because it is a lot heavier than the Hubsan.
2018-12-31
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

I don't know how many times I've gone into atti but it's been at least a few times. happens at various distances but never within 100ft for me (yet). It always regains gps except the last time I flew it . Since then I've read about all kinds of things that people have done to reduce the likelihood of it happening but im still having trouble finding a pattern and really understanding what actually causes the error.
2018-12-31
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

ajmckay Posted at 2018-12-31 21:30
I don't know how many times I've gone into atti but it's been at least a few times. happens at various distances but never within 100ft for me (yet). It always regains gps except the last time I flew it . Since then I've read about all kinds of things that people have done to reduce the likelihood of it happening but im still having trouble finding a pattern and really understanding what actually causes the error.

I am also trying to find out what is more likely to create that condition, and it seems that Sport mode is more likely to produce it than normal flight.

was your spark in sport mode when you had those switch to ATTI? Also if you analyse your flight log, you would probably have a better understanding of why it happened in your specific situations. I think it is very important to analyse every bits of date that you have on any incident that can happen with your spark and get the clue why it happened. Especially if you don't lose your drone, you can recover the black box and that contain a lot of datas, even if it disconnect from the RC.
2019-1-1
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-1 17:35
I am also trying to find out what is more likely to create that condition, and it seems that Sport mode is more likely to produce it than normal flight.

was your spark in sport mode when you had those switch to ATTI? Also if you analyse your flight log, you would probably have a better understanding of why it happened in your specific situations. I think it is very important to analyse every bits of date that you have on any incident that can happen with your spark and get the clue why it happened. Especially if you don't lose your drone, you can recover the black box and that contain a lot of datas, even if it disconnect from the RC.

Likely in sport mode, yes.  I used it quite a bit to zip around.

I agree on the point of examining the flight logs.   Though before I lost my Spark I wasn't worried about losing signal so much because I flew high enough not to hit anything and it usually only lasted for a short time and then GPS would come back normally.

I wonder if I analyze one of those flights though if it might shed some light on why it kept happening? Hmmm.
2019-1-1
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

ajmckay Posted at 1-1 19:38
Likely in sport mode, yes.  I used it quite a bit to zip around.

I agree on the point of examining the flight logs.   Though before I lost my Spark I wasn't worried about losing signal so much because I flew high enough not to hit anything and it usually only lasted for a short time and then GPS would come back normally.

If you look at the flight logs on the right hand side is the warnings, if it is interference it will say compass error and usually yaw error too.
2019-1-1
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

My mavic pro never went into atti mode. My spark is always in atti for about 3 min right after starting it up, it takes about 1-3 min sometimes to get a gps fix. but flying it, also it never went into atti mode.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-1
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

This is only a guess. But I had ATTI mode in every flight except one.

That one flight happened when I forgot to insert the SD card and thus no recording. I flew to almost 1 km to my left, my right  and  forward, and not a single ATTI moment happened.

I also notice that even in a windy situation, if I didn't record, the flight was stable. And as soon as I pressed record, the GPS signal got weak and eventually ATTI.

In conclusion, recording with slow SD card creates a bottleneck for Spark processor, and combined with constant positioning of the craft in a windy situation put a heavy burden, led to constant GPS mismatches, thus the AC discarded the GPS reading and switched to ATTI.
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules