Turn led lights off
8591 7 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spook
lvl.1
Czechia

Is it possible to turn led lights off?
Before people come raging about the safety as in most posts like this, I want to shoot on the GROUND with mavic folded without epileptic blinking into mine and people's in front of me eyes.
Just updating the drone's firmware in a dark lit room is a freaking headache.
P.S. Dji could have smartly made the leds off when detecting the legs folded. But those 2 hardly ever come along ;)
2018-11-24
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

Possibly some electrical tape. Just do not leave it on long. Or, better yet some gaffers tape.
2018-11-24
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The rear lights cannot be turned off.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only on the Mavic 2 Enterprise - may be this option will be rolled out for other drones but not as yet.
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can use the DJI GO 4 app and look for the customizable button on the remote controller then set the C1 or C2 to turn off/on the headlights. Please refer to the image below. Thank you for the support.

2018-11-25
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The problem is  99% of the uses i can think of  for using a drone without the lights blinking are dubious or illegal.  Hence no ability to turn them off.

OTOH I suspect a lot of us do tests or may want to to use the camera on the ground with the legs folded. so it does seem like a good idea. The problem is that it will be a hardware fix in the next version (Mavic 3 Pro )  which is of no help to you :-(

Tape is the best suggestion however temperature might be a problem as the electronics rely on an airflow which of the aircraft is not only not flying but has the legs covering the air ducts is not going to do it any good.

Why use a drone for this when any other camera would be a better fit. Probably even your phone for that matter.
2018-11-25
Use props
djiuser_nsALZ6Lk3EF4
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-11-25 11:45
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can use the DJI GO 4 app and look for the customizable button on the remote controller then set the C1 or C2 to turn off/on the headlights. Please refer to the image below. Thank you for the support.

[view_image]

thank you very much
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

You're most welcome. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Cheers!
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules