Phantom 3 Standard video lag on OnePlus 6T
1457 12 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi folks,

I am experiencing severe video delay/lag issues when using my Phantom 3 Standard in combination with my OnePlus 6T phone. I repeatedly have a 1-3 second delay on the video in the GO app. Steering the drone itself works fine; only the video feed is laggish. The stored video on the SD card does not show any lag.

The strange thing is: the problem does not occur when I use my mom's Google/LG Nexus 5X phone.

The two phones are running the exact same software version (3.1.46) of the app. Only difference is that the Nexus 5X is running Android 8.1 and the OnePlus 6T is running Android 9.0 (both latest versions). I have tried reconnecting the OnePlus to the remote, tried using different SSID's, different passwords, tried reconnecting the remote to the drone, and also tried reinstalling the app on my OnePlus 6T. None of these have solved the issue. The firmware of the drone is up-to-date.  

Any help is appreciated a lot!

Cheers.

2018-11-24
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The suggestions in this guide might help you resolve that issue:
Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2018-11-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably not enough processing power.  The apps have become quite power hungry.
2018-11-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I think more the hardware decoding is not optimal on that phone or the WIFI is´nt fast enough for transmission( interference or same) Did you try hardware decoding or airplane mode on phone?
2018-11-24
Use props
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the replies. I followed the step-by-step guide, but the problem persists. Also airplane mode with only WiFi did not work.
The Phantom 3 Std does not have the hardware decoding option in the app, so I cannot try that.
I also tried older versions of the app - (3.1.34 and 3.1.42), but this also did not resolve the issue.

I used to fly with my older OnePlus 2 without any problems... Until WiFi on the entire device was dead and I decided to upgrade to the 6T
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fransje123 Posted at 11-24 07:15
Thanks for the replies. I followed the step-by-step guide, but the problem persists. Also airplane mode with only WiFi did not work.
The Phantom 3 Std does not have the hardware decoding option in the app, so I cannot try that.
I also tried older versions of the app - (3.1.34 and 3.1.42), but this also did not resolve the issue.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try to use this listed compatible device on the Phantom 3 Standard? Also, could you please upload a sample video of the issue you encounter right now so we can check? Thank you.

2018-11-24
Use props
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

Ok, so I shot this video this morning on the OnePlus 6T. This is typically what happens in the video feed. At all times, the drone was in direct sight of the remote (no obstructions), and I was able to steer the drone using the remote (also during bad transmission period).

2018-11-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

It´s not the P3S needs the hardware decoder,it´s the phone that needs it. Both DJI cams have a hardware coder to send their feed as efficient as possible through WIFI,light bridge or occu sync so you can see it on the phone or tablet screen. That´s equal what version of Go app you use. I begone to use the 3.1.10 (old version) 2017 up to 3.1.18 and then over 3.1.10 (new version) up to the 3.1.3x on android (now version 3.1.46) There never was a decoding option via hardware. On iOS this option is present. I think some android devices have hardware decoders and some not. It´s not dependent from the model or age. It´s dependent from the hardware architecture. That means the GPU is the new heart of a phone or tab.
2018-11-25
Use props
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

Peterx Posted at 11-25 02:48
It´s not the P3S needs the hardware decoder,it´s the phone that needs it. Both DJI cams have a hardware coder to send their feed as efficient as possible through WIFI,light bridge or occu sync so you can see it on the phone or tablet screen. That´s equal what version of Go app you use. I begone to use the 3.1.10 (old version) 2017 up to 3.1.18 and then over 3.1.10 (new version) up to the 3.1.3x on android (now version 3.1.46) There never was a decoding option via hardware. On iOS this option is present. I think some android devices have hardware decoders and some not. It´s not dependent from the model or age. It´s dependent from the hardware architecture. That means the GPU is the new heart of a phone or tab.

Ok, so I should stick with using an old phone for my drone recordings? Or is DJI going to provide support for maintaining compatibility with newer Android devices?  The list of supported devices is dominated by either old devices or Samsung devices, which makes the target audience slink in size.
2018-11-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fransje123 Posted at 11-27 04:00
Ok, so I should stick with using an old phone for my drone recordings? Or is DJI going to provide support for maintaining compatibility with newer Android devices?  The list of supported devices is dominated by either old devices or Samsung devices, which makes the target audience slink in size.

Check out my link above. There are many other devices that work with DJI GO.
2018-11-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Fransje123 Posted at 11-27 04:00

Why not use SD card and turn off cache locally when recording?
2018-11-27
Use props
tasoskefalas
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I am having the same issue but with the onplus 6.  Has anything been resolved?
2018-11-30
Use props
Fransje123
lvl.2
Netherlands

tasoskefalas Posted at 11-30 03:49
Hi, I am having the same issue but with the onplus 6.  Has anything been resolved?

Nope. Seems like we have to resort to old or Samsung devices to steer our drones.
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules