Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Engage ATTI mode on the Spark
645357 645357 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi folks,

I did a tutorial that shows you how to deliberately engage your Spark into ATTI mode, so you can brush up your flying skills, before the next compass errors gets you

Have fun!
Wolferl

2018-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

thanks a lot, that is nice  (and good) to know!
2018-11-24
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Awesome.

Thank you for making this video - it serves 2 purposes for me - 1 - getting the DJI Assistant that allows Developer mode and 2 - Atti Mode for the Spark.

Thanks again!  2 thumbs up!!
2018-11-24
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

Looks like that may be the ONLY way we will ever see the ability to fly the Spark in a manual ATTI mode.

Back on August 22, 2018 I made a suggestion for implementation of a manual ATTI mode.
Firmware modification

Sad part was the Admins did not even have the courtesy to acknowlege it. No surprise. I have come to expect that.

Why DJI prefers the risk of fly-aways over users having experience with ATTI flying has got to be economically driven. More fly-aways=more sales revenue??

2018-11-24
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Chuck101 Posted at 11-24 08:04
Looks like that may be the ONLY way we will ever see the ability to fly the Spark in a manual ATTI mode.

Back on August 22, 2018 I made a suggestion for implementation of a manual ATTI mode.

The Spark flies very nicely in ATTI mode, and super fast too!
It seems that we need to help ourselves, like in so many other areas of life.
I'm very curious what the DJI admins have to say about that hack.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-24
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi Wolferl

Thank you for taking the time to make this very easy to follow tutorial.

I can confirm it is very liberating to be able to fly without the training wheels on the Spark.

Like you I also fly significantly larger craft predominantly in “ATTI”, choosing GPS-Hold only when I want the craft to remain stationary, as this aids for much smoother and more natural looking video.

Top Banana
2018-11-24
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks Wolferl, great video and very well done!

did i miss the link to the old assistent version?

cheers
JJB
2018-11-24
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Pretty Good
Thx For the Tip
But i Wonder what if u lose connection will it RTH or not when in ATTi mode and it has Satts
2018-11-24
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Thank you Wolferl, very good advice and video.
2018-11-24
Use props
White Ox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98281 ft

United States

Link to the Older Assistant 2 is in the  description below his video.
2018-11-24
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

JJBspark Posted at 11-24 13:01
Thanks Wolferl, great video and very well done!

did i miss the link to the old assistent version?

Hi JJBSpark,

Yes, you missed the link :-)
You'll find it if you go to Youtube and look at the video description.
Anyway, there you go (its not my link):
DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2 download

Cheers,
Wolferl

2018-11-25
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

SAADHERO Posted at 11-24 13:38
Pretty Good
Thx For the Tip
But i Wonder what if u lose connection will it RTH or not when in ATTi mode and it has Satts

Hi Saadhero,

Sparky will behave like in real life: if you are in ATTI mode and you lose connection to the RC, the aircraft will NOT do RTH. So for ATTI training, I'd prefer to not fly too far away.
There is a mode called "Farming mode" which claims to be ATTI mode, but "RTH assisted". I tried it while doing that video, but it didn't work with the Spark. Selecting that mode did display "Farming" on the phone, but Sparky behaved like in P-GPS mode.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-25
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Wolferl Posted at 11-25 01:11
Hi Saadhero,

Sparky will behave like in real life: if you are in ATTI mode and you lose connection to the RC, the aircraft will NOT do RTH. So for ATTI training, I'd prefer to not fly too far away.

thats a slight bummer but np

any possible downsides from doing such mod?
2018-11-25
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

SAADHERO Posted at 11-25 02:17
thats a slight bummer but np

any possible downsides from doing such mod?

Hi Saadhero,

As I said, the Farming mode (which BTW was the one I originally aimed for when I did the video tutorial) unfortunately does not work on my Spark. You can try it yourself, it is mode "9" instead of "3". I did not notice any difference in flying performance to the standard P-GPS mode.
The nice thing about my mod is, that you can revert back to the original values any time.

Anyway, when flying ATTI mode: if you lose attitude of your bird, just switch back to P-GPS mode, then use RTH to recover.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Wolferl. Thank you for sharing this informative video regarding on how to engage ATTI mode on the DJI Spark. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.
2018-11-25
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 08:31
Hello and good day Wolferl. Thank you for sharing this informative video regarding on how to engage ATTI mode on the DJI Spark. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your appreciation!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Wolferl Posted at 11-25 10:25
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your appreciation!

You are much welcome. If you have any inquiries or concerns please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-25
Use props
Junior SBC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Thank you very much for sharing.

Hugs

2018-11-25
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Nice Video...   What happens if your bird goes into ATTI mode and you have no control at all with the controller.     When I had a partial fly away I had no control, it just kept flying away..    I fly my Drone indoors and it most often than not flies in ATTI or OPTI mode.    As long as your controller has control (is connected to drone) u can fly it.    It's when you lose the ability to turn or do anything that these fly aways arise..     If can be seen in my video i did a few months ago..   I had no control until GPS decided to come back on it's own.   
2018-11-25
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for the video and information! I agree with your idea and I wish DJI will consider it in the next firmware update.
2018-11-25
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

Thanks for the information and i will get back to it in details since am reading from work now
2018-11-26
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-25 20:11
Nice Video...   What happens if your bird goes into ATTI mode and you have no control at all with the controller.     When I had a partial fly away I had no control, it just kept flying away..    I fly my Drone indoors and it most often than not flies in ATTI or OPTI mode.    As long as your controller has control (is connected to drone) u can fly it.    It's when you lose the ability to turn or do anything that these fly aways arise..     If can be seen in my video i did a few months ago..   I had no control until GPS decided to come back on it's own.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qau399MEZ4

Hi Greg,

Well, if you lose connection to the R/C and your bird is already in ATTI mode at that time, then you're done I'm afraid.
I personally never had R/C connection losses with Sparky, just video feed losses (solved by using FCC mode) and compass errors.
Following this forum's threads I'm quite sure that the majority of Spark crashes happen because of unexpected ATTI drops (compass, yaw, speed errors) and pilots not noticing that, or not knowing how to control the bird home.
And of course people flying way too far away...but that's another story

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-26
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Austria

Thanks Wolferi,, great video with good info,,
2018-11-26
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

Wolferl Posted at 11-26 00:40
Hi Greg,

Well, if you lose connection to the R/C and your bird is already in ATTI mode at that time, then you're done I'm afraid.

Yes exactly...  There's ATTI mode with control and then there's ATTI mode with no Connection.     When you have the No Connection that's when people get fly aways.   
2018-11-26
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-26 14:00
Yes exactly...  There's ATTI mode with control and then there's ATTI mode with no Connection.     When you have the No Connection that's when people get fly aways.

Hi Greg,

Right, if you lose connection there's nothing one can do.
Me thinks most flyaways aren't real flyaways caused by connection losses, but losses of pilot's situational awareness when the bird goes into ATTI mode.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-11-27
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

Awesome info! I already unlocked the DJI Assistant developer option. Was wondering about the other parameters. Thanks to this I've unlocked a function. Thanks!
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool video
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-25 20:11
Nice Video...   What happens if your bird goes into ATTI mode and you have no control at all with the controller.     When I had a partial fly away I had no control, it just kept flying away..    I fly my Drone indoors and it most often than not flies in ATTI or OPTI mode.    As long as your controller has control (is connected to drone) u can fly it.    It's when you lose the ability to turn or do anything that these fly aways arise..     If can be seen in my video i did a few months ago..   I had no control until GPS decided to come back on it's own.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qau399MEZ4

Good work Greg
2018-11-28
Use props
PaulBlack22
New

okay, I will have fun with it. Thanks a lot, friend
2018-11-28
Use props
PaulBlack22
New

thanks a lot! I will try to have fun with it.
2018-11-28
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

I did nothing lol.. The Drone itself went Haywire but thankfully regained GPS and returned home after a scary few minutes..  
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-28 18:20
I did nothing lol.. The Drone itself went Haywire but thankfully regained GPS and returned home after a scary few minutes..

Frightening when that happens.
2018-11-28
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

A CW Posted at 11-28 23:29
Frightening when that happens.

I was more scared about any damage the drone might do if it fell....  not losing it..  Well i guess losing it also sucks..
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-28 23:42
I was more scared about any damage the drone might do if it fell....  not losing it..  Well i guess losing it also sucks..

Tell me about it - if my 3.1KG Inspire fell and hit someone at 70MPH I think it would be an act of manslaughter! Need to be very careful as even a Spark could cause serious injury.
2018-11-28
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
lvl.4
Australia

A CW Posted at 11-28 23:45
Tell me about it - if my 3.1KG Inspire fell and hit someone at 70MPH I think it would be an act of manslaughter! Need to be very careful as even a Spark could cause serious injury.

Yes....  indeed...  lets hope your never lands on anyone..
2018-11-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-29 00:12
Yes....  indeed...  lets hope your never lands on anyone..

So far so good
2018-11-29
Use props
djiuser_xhG4w1uQqyRN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Wolferl Posted at 11-26 00:40
Hi Greg,

Hello! Are there any ways to set up FCC mode instead of CE mode with DJI Assistent? Or you just set it on with using Fake GPS?
2018-12-23
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 11-28 18:20

How far were you ? ''maximum distance reached''... ??
2018-12-23
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

djiuser_xhG4w1uQqyRN Posted at 12-23 10:27
Hello! Are there any ways to set up FCC mode instead of CE mode with DJI Assistent? Or you just set it on with using Fake GPS?

You don’t need DJI assistant for the switch to FCC mode, only the fake gps app for Android is required and that’s it, nothing else.
I only fly in FCC mode.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-23
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

Alex B. Posted at 12-23 18:33
You don’t need DJI assistant for the switch to FCC mode, only the fake gps app for Android is required and that’s it, nothing else.
I only fly in FCC mode.

Exactly, or you use the MOD 2.0 app which is what I do. Very happy with it.

Cheers & merry christmas to everyone,
Wolferl
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules