When to use Auto Tune
14829 14 2018-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

- Everytime after balancing it? Even though its the same load/gear as always? - Is it a good habit perform auto tune frequently? I supose it is not good for the motors on a long term, like forcing it. Or am I wrong?

- How often you do it?

Can't find those answers in the manual. Thanks!
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Ulysses, we appreciate bringing this query to us. I understand you want to know how often should Auto-Tune with your Ronin-M? Whenever you change cameras or add/remove accessories that change the weight of the camera, you must manually rebalance the Ronin-M and then use Auto-Tune Stability to calibrate it. You may also visit our Ronin-M product webpage FAQ for more detailed information. Thank you.
2018-11-25
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 03:05
Hi Ulysses, we appreciate bringing this query to us. I understand you want to know how often should Auto-Tune with your Ronin-M? Whenever you change cameras or add/remove accessories that change the weight of the camera, you must manually rebalance the Ronin-M and then use Auto-Tune Stability to calibrate it. You may also visit our Ronin-M product webpage FAQ for more detailed information. Thank you.
*Ronin-S.

2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Ulysses, thank you for clarifying to my question, this is the same as the Ronin-M, whenever you change cameras or adding/removing accessories, you have to perform auto-tune to your Ronin-S. You may also do this via the app. Make sure to power on the Ronin-S after it is balanced, go to the app’s Setting screen, and tap “Autotune”. Or press and hold the Ronin-S’ M button and Trigger simultaneously for four seconds to start Autotune. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 04:29
Hi Ulysses, thank you for clarifying to my question, this is the same as the Ronin-M, whenever you change cameras or adding/removing accessories, you have to perform auto-tune to your Ronin-S. You may also do this via the app. Make sure to power on the Ronin-S after it is balanced, go to the app’s Setting screen, and tap “Autotune”. Or press and hold the Ronin-S’ M button and Trigger simultaneously for four seconds to start Autotune. Thank you.

I figured. Was just kidding. Thanks, Gamorra.
So, its not a bad habit to perform Auto Tune kind of frequently?
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ulysses Posted at 11-25 05:12
I figured. Was just kidding. Thanks, Gamorra.
So, its not a bad habit to perform Auto Tune kind of frequently?

Hi Ulysses, yes it is not a bad habit to perform of tuning the gimbal. Cheers!
2018-11-25
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tip: Press the trigger and the M button for about 5 seconds and it will start the Auto Tune automatically, so you don't need to open your smartphone, connect, and go to Auto Tune every time you change the lens. ;)
2018-11-25
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 11-25 12:41
Tip: Press the trigger and the M button for about 5 seconds and it will start the Auto Tune automatically, so you don't need to open your smartphone, connect, and go to Auto Tune every time you change the lens. ;)

Thanks! That I knew. My concern is mostly about the health of the motors, if Auto Tune would be somehow bad or good for them if performed frequently (you know, that noise most of times doesnt mean something good in electronics. Hopefully not the case here).
I get myself doing it more than often. Even though I'm using the same setup from a previous shoot. In parts for a peace of mind. And Im using a relatively heavy setup, a Blackmagic Cinema Camera (all metal, heavy) with a Sigma 18-35 (mostly metal, heavy), plus filters. Sometimes I even put an anamorphic adapter in front of it and it balances great. A battery brick and an external monitor are mounted to the side with a chesseplate adaptation I made. But its very different than a relatively light DSLR. So it always get me wondering if Im not forcing the motors doing Auto Tune and should do that only when really necessary. Dont know what happens under the hood.
2018-11-26
Use props
Ulysses
lvl.4
Brazil

And Im planning to add a focus motor either from DJI or TILTA as soon as one becames available, so, more weight to the setup. By my calculations it will get pretty close to the limit. Im really missing the ability to pull focus. Makes all the difference for a great shot and DJI is taking too long to launch theirs.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ulysses Posted at 11-26 04:28
Thanks! That I knew. My concern is mostly about the health of the motors, if Auto Tune would be somehow bad or good for them if performed frequently (you know, that noise most of times doesnt mean something good in electronics. Hopefully not the case here).
I get myself doing it more than often. Even though I'm using the same setup from a previous shoot. In parts for a peace of mind. And Im using a relatively heavy setup, a Blackmagic Cinema Camera (all metal, heavy) with a Sigma 18-35 (mostly metal, heavy), plus filters. Sometimes I even put an anamorphic adapter in front of it and it balances great. A battery brick and an external monitor are mounted to the side with a chesseplate adaptation I made. But its very different than a relatively light DSLR. So it always get me wondering if Im not forcing the motors doing Auto Tune and should do that only when really necessary. Dont know what happens under the hood.

Hi Ulysses, in this case, if you are using the same set-up with your Ronin-S with your previous shoots, you don't have to use the Auto-tune to calibrate. Auto-tune comes in whenever you switch cameras, lens, or accessories that may differ to the set-up you had previously. Kindly take note also of the maximum payload capacity with the Ronin-S which we tested up to 3.6 kg (8 lbs.) while maintaining optimal performance and apparently, your current set-up is still within the payload capacity. Hope this clarifies your concern about Auto-tune Ulysses. We appreciate your support with DJI. Cheers!
2018-11-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-11-26 05:10
Hi Ulysses, in this case, if you are using the same set-up with your Ronin-S with your previous shoots, you don't have to use the Auto-tune to calibrate. Auto-tune comes in whenever you switch cameras, lens, or accessories that may differ to the set-up you had previously. Kindly take note also of the maximum payload capacity with the Ronin-S which we tested up to 3.6 kg (8 lbs.) while maintaining optimal performance and apparently, your current set-up is still within the payload capacity. Hope this clarifies your concern about Auto-tune Ulysses. We appreciate your support with DJI. Cheers!

What is the difference between low and high Auto tune?
2019-10-17
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 10-17 00:07
What is the difference between low and high Auto tune?

Heavier payloads require higher auto tune setting.
2019-10-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2Wair Posted at 10-17 00:53
Heavier payloads require higher auto tune setting.

What happens if you autotune with low on higher payload and high on low payload?
2019-10-17
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Which is reason to set up and understand your payload prior to hitting auto tune. It's not a one setting fixes all gimbal, you need to make minor tweaks to get the right operation for your needs.
2019-10-17
Use props
Audio Mixing Mastering
New

India

I am thankful to you for sharing this article here. It's a nice article, Which you have shared here . Your article is very informative and I really liked the way you expressed your views in this post.
[size=13.3333px]https://www.audiomixingmastering.com/
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules