Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone XR and DJI Go
8071 16 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hi All, not that I can fly much these days thanks to monther nature, but I am about to go from iPhone 8plus to the iPhone XR, has anyone tried it out and any concerns?

Thanks, and happy flying... be safe.

2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Northwood. I am sorry to know that you are net able to fly your DJI Spark today. Regarding the mobile device (  iPhone XR ). It is best to use a mobile device included on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark for full compatibility and reliability on both tha DJI Spark and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

2018-11-25
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't tried the XR, but the XS has been working flawlessly for me.
2018-11-25
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 12:03
Hello and good day Northwood. I am sorry to know that you are net able to fly your DJI Spark today. Regarding the mobile device (  iPhone XR ). It is best to use a mobile device included on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark for full compatibility and reliability on both tha DJI Spark and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

[view_image]

Outstanding!
Finally updated that OLD list of devices

I live that last line on most of iOS apps - Optomized for iPhone X
This translates to "I will run dog slow on an iPhone 6"
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pmshop Posted at 11-25 14:57
Outstanding!
Finally updated that OLD list of devices

You are much welcome. For the latest news and updates on DJI and on the DJI Spark please check out official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2018-11-25
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

msinger Posted at 11-25 12:14
I haven't tried the XR, but the XS has been working flawlessly for me.

Thanks... same processor and 1MB less RAM, different screen, but I would think same experience.

2018-11-25
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 12:03
Hello and good day Northwood. I am sorry to know that you are net able to fly your DJI Spark today. Regarding the mobile device (  iPhone XR ). It is best to use a mobile device included on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark for full compatibility and reliability on both tha DJI Spark and the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Spark. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks... you are falling behind.. this line has been out since September
2018-11-25
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Northwood Posted at 2018-11-25 20:47
Thanks... you are falling behind.. this line has been out since September

Hey Northwood , have you had a chance to try DJI go 4 with the iPhone XR ? If you did , did you encountered any issues ?
2019-1-24
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Xs works good and Xr is xs but different screen
so yea u should have no problems
2019-1-25
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SAADHERO Posted at 1-25 01:52
Xs works good and Xr is xs but different screen
so yea u should have no problems

Yeah that’s what I thought just wanted to double check before I pull the trigger , currently I have an iPhone 7 Plus , but the battery doesn’t last as long anymore.
2019-1-25
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

dari_017 Posted at 1-25 08:14
Yeah that’s what I thought just wanted to double check before I pull the trigger , currently I have an iPhone 7 Plus , but the battery doesn’t last as long anymore.

Been for one flight, not a problem at all.
2019-1-27
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Northwood Posted at 1-27 19:31
Been for one flight, not a problem at all.

Yeah I finally tested 3 batteries today , and found no issues with the iPhone XR running DJI go 4
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dari_017 Posted at 1-28 17:20
Yeah I finally tested 3 batteries today , and found no issues with the iPhone XR running DJI go 4

Hi, thanks for your inputs. Glad to know that everything went well on your end while using the application.  Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-29
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

dari_017 Posted at 1-28 17:20

Thanks for the update.
2019-2-4
Use props
fans4e6137fa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have an iPhone XR. I have loads of problems at the moment. I cannot seem to change recording modes, log or even go up form 2.7k to 4k recording. It just doesn't allow me to go into that part of the menu. When I complain to DJI, they tell me this is because I am using a device not on their official compatible list! Iphone XR has been out for time now....you really need to crack on with updating compatibility. When will this happen?

Secondly don't know if this is an issue. But I was filming in a  remote area for a Relief charity and I believe there is a connection between poor or low mobile phone reception and myself losing video connection with the DJI controller. Is this a problem other people have faced? I feel if I ask DJI administrators they will just fob this off as an iPhone XR problem. I didn't have another iPhone to test if this was the problem.

Thanks
2019-3-6
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Canada

fans4e6137fa Posted at 3-6 06:56
I have an iPhone XR. I have loads of problems at the moment. I cannot seem to change recording modes, log or even go up form 2.7k to 4k recording. It just doesn't allow me to go into that part of the menu. When I complain to DJI, they tell me this is because I am using a device not on their official compatible list! Iphone XR has been out for time now....you really need to crack on with updating compatibility. When will this happen?

Secondly don't know if this is an issue. But I was filming in a  remote area for a Relief charity and I believe there is a connection between poor or low mobile phone reception and myself losing video connection with the DJI controller. Is this a problem other people have faced? I feel if I ask DJI administrators they will just fob this off as an iPhone XR problem. I didn't have another iPhone to test if this was the problem.

Do you have any BluTooth stuff nearby?  I have had pretty good flights so far with the XR and my Spark, no difference from my previous iPhone 8.  I always use OTG and Airplane Mode
2019-3-14
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Hello,

I always use OTG and Airplane Mode. XR works good. should have no problems.
2019-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules