Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LITCHI QUESTION
1399 13 2018-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

Using Litchi, which by the way has been great, I have come across a problem. Say I am planning a mission on Way Points for a hyper lapse. I set a fast flight speed to reach the begining of where I want the hyperlapse to be. Then, I slow the flight speed down to just a couple of miles per hour for the time lapse. Finally, once it finishes the hyperlapse part of the flight, I set the speed back up to around 30 mph to get back home.

Yet, when I start the mission I get a warning saying that if connection is lost the flight will continue at the current speed. Does this mean that the drone will not increase/decrease its speed even if I had programmed that in to the mission plans if the remote connection is lost?

Thanks for the help!
2018-11-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

From what I know about Litchi it will complete the mission at what was set in the app
2018-11-25
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 11-25 19:30
From what I know about Litchi it will complete the mission at what was set in the app

Ok, thanks. I think I will try some small tests before I send it out on a bigger mission to see how it really works.
2018-11-25
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

David J. Posted at 11-25 21:03
Ok, thanks. I think I will try some small tests before I send it out on a bigger mission to see how it really works.

Just a question.

Do you always set the last waypoint to be at the start of flight?
2018-11-26
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Yes, my experience with Litchi and the M2P is that once the program (and waypoints) are loaded the mission will continue as preprogrammed even with LOS.

My last waypoint is where ever I want it to be and then I always have the last action after all the waypoints are completed is to RTH.
2018-11-26
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any speed changes are sent from the controller to the bird at each waypoint.  While it will complete the mission if the controller becomes disconnected, it will do so at the last successful waypoints speed setting.
2018-11-26
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Agree.  Good point.  
2018-11-26
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 11-26 01:14
Just a question.

Do you always set the last waypoint to be at the start of flight?

Yes, usually, because then I get a better idea of the total flight time of the mission.
2018-11-26
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

EdM Posted at 11-26 05:41
Any speed changes are sent from the controller to the bird at each waypoint.  While it will complete the mission if the controller becomes disconnected, it will do so at the last successful waypoints speed setting.

Frustrating. It seems that it would be not too difficult to add that info to the info uploaded to the drone when you start the mission.
2018-11-26
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-26 07:02
Speed changes & camera pitch changes require RC contact.  These things cannot be uploaded to the aircraft like most mission content.  This is why it is warning you.  If you have no RC contact at a point where you have requested a speed change, the bird will continue on at its current speed.  This could prove problematic on a long mission if you slow way down, lose RC contact, & run out of power flying at the slower speed.

Ok, thanks. Do you think this info would be added to the mission in the future?
2018-11-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been this way for a long time, through many updates.  I believe it’s something they can’t change, as it’s been brought up quite a few times.
2018-11-26
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 11-26 08:04
It has been this way for a long time, through many updates.  I believe it’s something they can’t change, as it’s been brought up quite a few times.

Ok, it does sound like something they are not able to change. Thanks for all the help
2018-11-26
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-26 07:02
Speed changes & camera pitch changes require RC contact.  These things cannot be uploaded to the aircraft like most mission content.  This is why it is warning you.  If you have no RC contact at a point where you have requested a speed change, the bird will continue on at its current speed.  This could prove problematic on a long mission if you slow way down, lose RC contact, & run out of power flying at the slower speed.

Hi DB, question. I am using Litchi waypoints and it works perfect but ....

I used always FPV camera and the they also use camera pitch without having RC connection. That means that it is posible over de SDK? Speed changes where also not possible with FPV Camera.

2018-11-26
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

David J. Posted at 11-26 06:58
Yes, usually, because then I get a better idea of the total flight time of the mission.

Thank you for that.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules