NFZ
8262 10 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coachsteve33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314862 ft
United States

Can someone explain what the NFZ Application is.

Thank you
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. The NFZ states that all unmanned aerial vehicle pilots must abide by all rules and regulations from organizations such as the International Civil Aviation Organization and any other applicable airspace rules and regulations in their area. In order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas such as airports, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI drones safely and legally. If the user need to open a restricted zone, you may go to this official DJI website at https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock or send and email to flysafe@dji.com to open a restricted zone. Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-26 07:31
Hello and good day. Thank you for the inquiry. The NFZ states that all unmanned aerial vehicle pilots must abide by all rules and regulations from organizations such as the International Civil Aviation Organization and any other applicable airspace rules and regulations in their area. In order to increase flight safety and prevent accidental flights in restricted areas such as airports, DJI has introduced a No Fly Zones feature to help everyone use their DJI drones safely and legally. If the user need to open a restricted zone, you may go to this official DJI website  to open a restricted zone. Thank you.

Did you intend to post an EMAIL address as opposed to a WEBSITE?  Thanks.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ff22 Posted at 11-26 09:59
Did you intend to post an EMAIL address as opposed to a WEBSITE?  Thanks.

Thank you for the quick reply. You can utilize the website https://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock and you can also send an email to flysafe@dji.com to unlock a NFZ. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-11-26
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

The problem I have with the NFZ restriction is that it's a "one size fits all" solution that doesn't actually "fit".  For instance, I should be able to fly my drone below the level of my rooftop, or among trees, or other such places where no manned aircraft is ever going to be.  Doing so would pose no risk at all, to anyone. But simply because these areas happen to fall within the geographical boundaries of a NFZ, my drone is grounded. I can't even fly it indoors, in my own house!
2018-11-28
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2849918 ft
Kuwait

If a DJI software packet kept me from flying in my house I would sell my drones and take up golf.
2018-11-30
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

How did this guy get away with this if this is probably a NFZ.
https://www.ktnv.com/drone-scare ... y-safety-violations
2018-11-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

LiteWeight Posted at 11-30 01:07
If a DJI software packet kept me from flying in my house I would sell my drones and take up golf.

Do you want a Nine Iron or Putter? (g)
2018-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

MagicRide Posted at 11-30 08:31
How did this guy get away with this if this is probably a NFZ.
https://www.ktnv.com/drone-scare ... y-safety-violations

Possibly flying a drone that does not have any builtin NFZ limitations.  
2018-11-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

LiteWeight Posted at 11-30 01:07

Add that to Home Buyer's Check List.
#6 - Is house in a NFZ?  Is house near a NFZ that might be expanded?  Is house in middle of No where?
PS: Start saving up for an Electric Golf Cart.  
2018-11-30
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2849918 ft
Kuwait

Surely!  And I think I could hit a Mavic farther with a 9 iron!
2018-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules