Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Racing Googles RE: Tranmission Distance Problems
1521 17 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
created4success
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567940 ft
United States

Every time I use my googles the signal drops out around 1k feet transmission distance. I am using it on a MAVIC PRO 2. I thought the range was 7km with the googles. If i disconnect the googles my Mavic goes a great distance (went 13K feet yesterday) with no problem.
Am I doing something wrong?
2018-11-26
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

same here.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi created4success, we're sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, do you mount the antennas of the Goggles RE? If not, you may mount it and test in another open field to verify. Alternatively, you may switch between 2.4G and 5.8G manually to see whether it helps.
2018-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello MurrayMav, could you refer to the 2# and keep us updated the latest progress?
2018-11-27
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-27 02:55
Hello MurrayMav, could you refer to the 2# and keep us updated the latest progress?

REPOST: Yes- I sent my Mavic 2 in for a second time on Monday. I am hoping that "third time's a charm". Of course  I would have rather received a fully functioning aircraft with my first purchase but I am hopefully optimistic that DJI will come through with a solution that leaves me cheering from the rooftops and confident in this company still.
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MurrayMav Posted at 11-28 21:26
REPOST: Yes- I sent my Mavic 2 in for a second time on Monday. I am hoping that "third time's a charm". Of course  I would have rather received a fully functioning aircraft with my first purchase but I am hopefully optimistic that DJI will come through with a solution that leaves me cheering from the rooftops and confident in this company still.

May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up.
2018-11-29
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

same here. as soon as I try flying with the Googgles RE, the range drops dramatically. Lots of threads talking about this.
2018-11-29
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
United States

Same happening to me and many, many, many others plus not working in smooth mode.

Can anyone confirm if smooth mode work? 720x60p
2018-12-1
Use props
created4success
lvl.1
Flight distance : 567940 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-27 02:54
Hi created4success, we're sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, do you mount the antennas of the Goggles RE? If not, you may mount it and test in another open filed to verify. Alternatively, you may switch between 2.4G and 5.8G manually to see whether it helps.

I have tried the Pagoda antenna (the one that comes with it) but not in an open field yet. I will try that out and see what results I get.
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

created4success Posted at 12-2 09:01
I have tried the Pagoda antenna (the one that comes with it) but not in an open field yet. I will try that out and see what results I get.

That's OK. Please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ygor Posted at 11-29 05:25
same here. as soon as I try flying with the Googgles RE, the range drops dramatically. Lots of threads talking about this.

Hi ygor, could you refer to 3# and provide us with more details? We'd like to collect and forward to our engineers for further analysis, thank you!
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 12-1 05:36
Same happening to me and many, many, many others plus not working in smooth mode.

Can anyone confirm if smooth mode work? 720x60p

Hi Jose, are you flying with 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz? Could you refer to 3# to confirm and name the aircraft and Goggles' version?
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 12-3 01:11
Hi ygor, could you refer to 3# and provide us with more details? We'd like to collect and forward to our engineers for further analysis, thank you!

Hi Susan,

I have tried both with the included Pagoda antenna and without it. As reported by other users, the antenna does increase the range of the Mavic 2 when attached, but the overall range is still very far from what I get in any environment with just the controller attached.
I have tried to switch to 2.4Ghz manually and it doesn't seem to help much.
2018-12-3
Use props
MurrayMav
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-29 05:00
May I have your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up.

UPDATE: This afternoon I received a case file update that my formerly brand new Mavic 2 was repaired with a new Camera Module and Axis Arm. While the fee is waived because it was obviously a manufacturing flaw, I am concerned that this isn't related to the issue that I sent the aircraft in for in the first place.

Did they also check / test the Poor Radio Frequency warning? How about the remote that I sent in? Has the issue I had with the new googles been resolved? All that the case file notes told me was that the "Yaw Axis doesn't align" and included a damage photo of the drone. This wasn't even part of why I returned it.

BEFORE YOU SHIP THIS BACK...Can you help me clarify that this third iteration of my, brand new, hardly flown Mavic 2 AND remote are at least as 100% functional as they should have been new outside of the box? I do not want to send it back in for a third time. Thank you.
2018-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MurrayMav Posted at 12-3 19:03
UPDATE: This afternoon I received a case file update that my formerly brand new Mavic 2 was repaired with a new Camera Module and Axis Arm. While the fee is waived because it was obviously a manufacturing flaw, I am concerned that this isn't related to the issue that I sent the aircraft in for in the first place.

Did they also check / test the Poor Radio Frequency warning? How about the remote that I sent in? Has the issue I had with the new googles been resolved? All that the case file notes told me was that the "Yaw Axis doesn't align" and included a damage photo of the drone. This wasn't even part of why I returned it.

Mindy already replied you in your post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172520-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ygor Posted at 12-3 12:27
Hi Susan,

I have tried both with the included Pagoda antenna and without it. As reported by other users, the antenna does increase the range of the Mavic 2 when attached, but the overall range is still very far from what I get in any environment with just the controller attached.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll forward to our engineers for further analysis.
2018-12-4
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

DJI Susan Posted at 12-3 01:18
Hi Jose, are you flying with 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz? Could you refer to 3# to confirm and name the aircraft and Goggles' version?

I used a mavic 2 + goggles re , dual signal on both. my main problem is on the city. I tried on the beach with 3km distance with no interruption.
2018-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 12-6 07:51
I used a mavic 2 + goggles re , dual signal on both. my main problem is on the city. I tried on the beach with 3km distance with no interruption.

The range might be different for various places due to the interference. May I know what's the estimated distance when flying in cities? Do you mount the antennas?
2018-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules