Why do the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom have an orange shutter button in DJIGo4?
3533 19 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I logged into DJI Go 4 with the Mavic 2 Pro and noticed that the shutter button was orange. I thought this was because the M2P has HDR video taking capabilities now.. except the orange shutter button is there for both photos and videos. I also noticed it is the same for the Mavic 2 Zoom.
Why did DJI do that?
I asked support and they said it was part of the design:

Orange M2P shutter button

Orange M2P shutter button

Is that really all that is was, just a design choice? Why orange?
2018-11-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not I guess
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello there, Luke. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, we changed the color of the record button to orange to have new look or feature for the DJI Go 4 App for the Mavic 2. Please don't worry. This will not affect any issue to your app. Should you have any question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-26 11:15
Hello there, Luke. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, we changed the color of the record button to orange to have new look or feature for the DJI Go 4 App for the Mavic 2. Please don't worry. This will not affect any issue to your app. Should you have any question, please let me know. Thank you.

Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't think it would affect anything, but it was just interesting that it did change. Thanks for the heads up!
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Luke Skyflyer Posted at 11-26 11:38
Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't think it would affect anything, but it was just interesting that it did change. Thanks for the heads up!

You're most welcome, Luke. Have a safe flight always.
2018-11-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

so its easy to differentiate between the camera being in photo mode ( white button ) and video mode ( orange button )
2018-11-29
Use props
Luke Skyflyer
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 11-29 04:48
so its easy to differentiate between the camera being in photo mode ( white button ) and video mode ( orange button )

The photo button is orange AND the video button is orange when you use a Mavic 2 Pro in DJI Go 4.
With any other drone the photo button is white and the video button is red. That's where the question has spurred from.
2018-11-29
Use props
Johnboy3000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79603 ft
United States

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put it back to white (photo) & red (video), or at least give us the option to set it this way. The white/red colors are a very common way to differentiate photo and video modes on all types of equipment. Switching the Mavic 2 to orange for both is a big human interface mistake — white/red is already well accepted and humans can better associate them with their functions quickly.
2019-1-4
Use props
Anders009
lvl.1
Flight distance : 989242 ft
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2018-11-29 04:48

I agree, I hope it can come back in a future update
2019-1-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never knew it was orange
2019-1-24
Use props
SkyPirate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5568993 ft
  • >>>

Came here because my photo/video buttons are orange and M2 Pro but they are white/red on M2 Zoom. Where is the consistency? Using the Smart Controller too.
2019-9-23
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Johnboy3000 Posted at 1-4 21:09
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put it back to white (photo) & red (video), or at least give us the option to set it this way. The white/red colors are a very common way to differentiate photo and video modes on all types of equipment. Switching the Mavic 2 to orange for both is a big human interface mistake — white/red is already well accepted and humans can better associate them with their functions quickly.

Agree as well... Please DJI don't change what is good....
2019-9-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Anders009 Posted at 1-23 19:22
I agree, I hope it can come back in a future update

+1 for setting red/white to make it clearer which mode its in.
2019-9-24
Use props
mr.k.buckley
New
United States

It was a HORRIBLE DESIGN CHOICE!!!!!!    I hate it. enough that I am using a my anafi drone more often
2020-5-28
Use props
mr.k.buckley
New
United States

It was a HORRIBLE DESIGN CHOICE!!!!!!    I hate it. enough that I am using a my anafi drone more often
2020-5-28
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Zoom has red and white buttons but pro doesnt. it makes no difference
2020-5-29
Use props
Maxipro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1760791 ft
Russia

I'm always confused about what mode I'm in. Photo or video.
2020-5-29
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Maxipro Posted at 5-29 11:05
I'm always confused about what mode I'm in. Photo or video.

I totally agree! Have the same issue with this !
2020-5-29
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

mr.k.buckley Posted at 5-28 17:18

You don't think you are overreacting?  Hopefully we wont see you on here again until the shutter button colour is perfect for you. Fly your anafi drone as much as you like and admire its button colours.
2020-5-29
Use props
Jamtoes
lvl.1

South Africa

Maybe not such a good idea. Deuteranopes, colour blind fellows, might struggle too.
2022-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules