OSMO Mobile repair rip off!
4501 10 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello to you all,

I purchased a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 in April of this year and have loved using it! I’ve got some amazing footage and have recommended it to friends.

Whilst on holiday recently however I was mid shoot and the gimbal malfunctioned with the arm going limp and motors making lots of noise. I got a yellow flashing light to accompany the strange behaviour.

Since this occurred, the gimbal will only work if plugged in and unless it is plugged in there is no power.

I contacted DJI and having presented a video of the gimbal malfunctioning demonstrating the above, along with proof of purchase, I was asked to return it and sent a pre-paid label for return.

Imagine my surprise when I get a bill for £117 for the repair! Almost the price of new one!!!

I have sent a reply explaining how this should be covered under the warranty and questioning the repair bill to be told that it has been put down to user damage and they have attached two photos of superficial scratches
2018-11-26
Use props
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cont....

I have sent an email back disputing this as it was working fine until it failed with no impact/damage/moisture exposure and given that it is made of plastic I think it reasonable wear and tear to expect a couple of scratches here and there but I wonder if anybody has had any similar experiences?

At this time I’ll not be parting with any money as I can pick a new one up for cheaper in the winter sale or I may even leave DJI and get the Zhiyun smooth 4... very good write ups and only £99...
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans38f0a195 Posted at 11-26 12:39
Cont....

I have sent an email back disputing this as it was working fine until it failed with no impact/damage/moisture exposure and given that it is made of plastic I think it reasonable wear and tear to expect a couple of scratches here and there but I wonder if anybody has had any similar experiences?

Hi there, sorry to hear what happen. I able to look for your case using your email address at your forum account, what I can do here at my end is ask for follow up at this one at our respective department to provide you a feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-26
Use props
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 11-26 16:10
Hi there, sorry to hear what happen. I able to look for your case using your email address at your forum account, what I can do here at my end is ask for follow up at this one at our respective department to provide you a feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you, I would appreciate that.

I’m still keen to know if anybody else has experienced similar and the outcome.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans38f0a195 Posted at 11-26 23:59
Thank you, I would appreciate that.

I’m still keen to know if anybody else has experienced similar and the outcome.

Hi there, blinking yellow means the gimbal is not working well, per the damage assessment, your device has the physical damage, we should have someone contacted you for more details, did you receive it and is there other concern?
2018-11-27
Use props
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-27 19:23
Hi there, blinking yellow means the gimbal is not working well, per the damage assessment, your device has the physical damage, we should have someone contacted you for more details, did you receive it and is there other concern?

I have had an email that I have replied to and await an update
2018-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans38f0a195 Posted at 11-28 00:14
I have had an email that I have replied to and await an update

Alright, the related team will keep following up.
2018-11-28
Use props
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Absolutely appalling customer service!!!

Having researched the issue this is clearly a common fault with the Osmo Mobile 2 and DJI have tried to blame it on some superficial scratches (on a plastic product!?) and dust in the motor.

I re-iterated that despite the scratch and some dust, the gimbal was working perfectly well and malfunctioned mid video!

The gimbal has been returned to me, unfixed and useless to me.

I’ve now bought a Zhiyun smooth 4. Much better and cheaper should anybody have similar issues.

Shocking from such a large company!!!
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans38f0a195 Posted at 12-18 02:07
Absolutely appalling customer service!!!

Having researched the issue this is clearly a common fault with the Osmo Mobile 2 and DJI have tried to blame it on some superficial scratches (on a plastic product!?) and dust in the motor.

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. As Mindy mentioned, there are physical damages on the unit and we're sorry that it is not a warranty case based on the damage assessment. Hope for your understanding. If there is anything else we can help, please kindly advise, thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
fans38f0a195
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-19 00:56
We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. As Mindy mentioned, there are physical damages on the unit and we're sorry that it is not a warranty case based on the damage assessment. Hope for your understanding. If there is anything else we can help, please kindly advise, thank you!

Superficial scratches on a plastic product and some sand in the motor probably caused whilst using it on the beach, as advertised as suitable for use in your adverts.

Outrageous to claim that this caused a complete product failure and the issues are well documented common problems with this model having researched it.

Poor product if that is the claim and even poorer customer “service”.

C9AE8FF6-2BD7-47A8-8E34-4DA253D72089.png
F97BECB0-8F74-4622-9852-66ABF5311C14.png
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans38f0a195 Posted at 12-19 06:40
Superficial scratches on a plastic product and some sand in the motor probably caused whilst using it on the beach, as advertised as suitable for use in your adverts.

Outrageous to claim that this caused a complete product failure and the issues are well documented common problems with this model having researched it.

The warranty service cannot be provided not just because of the scratches, but the Roll-axis arm and motor, the front cover module were damaged and there were sand in the gimbal, this kind of damages is usually related to the physical collision, sorry again that the warranty service cannot be provided, thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules