Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
calibrating vision sensors how often?
4200 13 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hello,

i have the mp2 now for one month , flew around 20hours , around 220 km . no crashes ,  no hard landings.
now for the first time it asked me to calibrate the vision sensors.

is this normal?

and what if i am out in the field or on holiday  and i do not have a laptop or pc available , can i fly without calibrating the sensors ?

please let me know

thanks
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Dronybaloney. Actually, this a normal. When the aircraft has taken off and landed 100 times, this warning will pop up in DJI GO 4. Just calibrate the vision sensors using DJI Assistant to avoid any issue. Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-26 12:50
Hi there, Dronybaloney. Actually, this a normal. When the aircraft has taken off and landed 100 times, this warning will pop up in DJI GO 4. Just calibrate the vision sensors using DJI Assistant to avoid any issue. Thank you.

hi Natalia,
thanks.

but if I don't have my laptop available during my 2 weeks holiday , can I still fly the drone in spite of this message?
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of prompt message? So we can check this on our end. Also, we dont recommend to ignore doing vision calibration because this may cause trouble. We highly suggest you to calibrate the vision sensor. Thank you.
2018-11-26
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-26 14:06
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Is it possible if you can provide us a screenshot of the prompt message you encounter right now? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.

I am
Afraid i dont have a screenshot anymore, as i already did the calibration via laptop. Before it just asked me to calibrate visions sensors in the app.

But my worries is that when i go on holiday i will not take my laptop with me . Therefore it will be a pity that when i arrive there and the app will ask me again randomly to calibrate vision sensors and i will no be able to fly and taking photos/videos.
Therefore i would like to know if you still can fly when message pops up. And maybe it will be handy to re-introduce the quick calibration via the dji go 4 app again
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dronybaloney Posted at 11-26 14:15
I am
Afraid i dont have a screenshot anymore, as i already did the calibration via laptop. Before it just asked me to calibrate visions sensors in the app.

I understand. However, we cannot guarantee on when or how many times will the app ask you to calibrate your vision sensor. Again, we highly recommend to calibrate the vision sensor when the app tell you to do so to avoid any trouble. It's the user risk to ignore the message and fly it.
2018-11-26
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-26 14:06
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of prompt message? So we can check this on our end. Also, we dont recommend to ignore doing vision calibration because this may cause trouble. We highly suggest you to calibrate the vision sensor. Thank you.

Ok , so maybe you can forward a message to the dji go app developers in order for them re introduce the quick calibration in the app ( which is by the way still mentionned in the latest manual) but isnt there anymore
2018-11-26
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

I have flown and landed more than 300X but never requested to calibrate vision sensors.
2018-11-27
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HendrikJB Posted at 11-27 06:17
I have flown and landed more than 300X but never requested to calibrate vision sensors.

I also fly the mavic pro platinum, 100 st of flights, never had to calibrate visions. Probably something new with the mp2.
But i find its still stupid that you nee a laptop or pc to do this , and not via app. I am often in places where i am not taking a laptop , it would be a bugger if you get this message and won’t be able to fly
2018-11-27
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

dronybaloney Posted at 11-27 06:28
I also fly the mavic pro platinum, 100 st of flights, never had to calibrate visions. Probably something new with the mp2.
But i find its still stupid that you nee a laptop or pc to do this , and not via app. I am often in places where i am not taking a laptop , it would be a bugger if you get this message and won’t be able to fly

Yeah that would be a bummer
2018-11-27
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

But i still dont know if by switching of back and front sensors if i will still get the message and if i will be able to fly inspite message showing. ( i usually fly anywsy without the back/frontsensors on)
2018-11-27
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Would it be a good idea to (re)calibrate sensors  just before going on a 2 week trip?
Can the Mavic 2 be forced to do a calibration?  (I did the first one and it has not asked since)

This underlines the point that you do need to take a laptop with you if you are going on a trip.

Would it be possible for DJI to do a web based calibration app?  Then you could calibrate the Drone on any computer with web access
(though it is probably easier just to take a laptop)
2018-11-27
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah i might fo the vision calibration a week before i go just to be sure
2018-11-27
Use props
Nick Kennedy
lvl.1

Australia

What if you don't have a laptop or pc? I do. But still....
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules