15 month old drone- crashed due to GPS issue
1677 2 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KhAjUr7
New
Flight distance : 104432 ft
United States

I bought a phantom 4 pro in August/Sept 2017, so it just ran out of warranty.
Few weeks back I was flying it outdoors, took off about 15 ft away from the "North" wall of the building, setting that as the Homepoint. it flew fine and after about its normal flight time, started showing low battery sign and initiated a Return to Home process. As it was coming back noticed that it stopped about 50/60 ft away from where it started and initiated a descent near the "East" side of the buiding, right next to the wall on top of the AC unit, so I ran that direction and it crashed into the side of the building.
Logs were synced and shipped it back to DJI.
They sent me an invoice saying it was out of warranty and it crashed because I set the home point inside the building. I tried calling them to explain home point is set where it took off from which was north of the building, and the drone must have recorded the wrong GPS location. If it was inside the building, how would it even fly outside?
They dont seem to understand and keep saying its my fault.
Is there a better way to escalate this or talk with some tech directly so I can explain better?
Thanks
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, sorry to hear what happen. I able to locate your case using your email address at your forum account, what we can do here is ask for follow to relevant team to provide you further details on it as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
2018-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Post the flight log and maybe someone can help determine what maybe happened.              http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules