Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
phantom 4k camera no power
1426 8 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverado82481
lvl.1

United States

SO im the new owner of a phantom 4k,  that flies just fine   and  the warantee is  already  gone  so theres no issue there,  im trying to find out where the  camera gimbal gets its power from.  its apperent that the privious owner  crashed and   jsut baught camera to mount up.  there is no led on  when you turn the drone on.  on the gimbal  or the    Vision Positioning Module and OFDM Module.  there is no innitiation when you turn the drone  on  the camera does not move and no lights come on on the gimbal    where does the power come in off the ESC Center board  to the gimbal ?   I am not sending in a drone  to  DJI  to   have yall fix it   Im not putting that kind of money into this thing.  I jsut need a scamatic or something to point me in the right direction  to   tracking where the power gets to the gimbal  from the esc !

V/R
silverado82481   

2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For this kind of scenario what we recommending is to send the unit to our facility so that we could evaluate the drone, however, we perfectly understand that we don't want to send the unit to our facility and we're aware of your technicality skills to fix the drone. We're hoping that you'll get the best feedback in regards to your query for today. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-26
Use props
Silverado82481
lvl.1

United States

so what you are saying is that  you are not  going to help out at all.   that your only answer is to  send  you the drone???   
2018-11-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Silverado82481 Posted at 11-26 14:03
so what you are saying is that  you are not  going to help out at all.   that your only answer is to  send  you the drone???

Yes, because DJI Tony is not a technician and cannot provide technical advice. On top of that, there are no schematics available, and the advice is always to send the aircraft back to DJI for repair.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Silverado82481 Posted at 11-26 14:03
so what you are saying is that  you are not  going to help out at all.   that your only answer is to  send  you the drone???

Hi, thanks for your response. You can re-calibrate the gimbal and update the firmware of your aircraft to see if this will work, however, if you believe that the drone experienced an incident before you've purchased it then this may cause a problem internally that's why you encounter this kind of issue. If the troubleshooting is exhausted, sending the unit would be the best recommendation since we cannot fix it remotely. Thanks for understanding.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Geebax Posted at 11-26 14:17
Yes, because DJI Tony is not a technician and cannot provide technical advice. On top of that, there are no schematics available, and the advice is always to send the aircraft back to DJI for repair.

Hi, thanks for noticing us. If the drone experience any collision or incident and the issue occurs, then sending the unit would be the best recommendation as we're not encouraging our customers to fix the drone on their end that would lead to warranty avoidance regardless if the customer has a higher skill of technicality when fixing the drone but then again, we're not forcing our customers to send the unit back to our facility. Hope you'll understand the scenario. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-26
Use props
Silverado82481
lvl.1

United States

the warranty is already expired so that dosent even matter.     lol  you kind of are forcing our hand,    well DJI  is.  there are schematics somewhere, its jsut that DJI  does not want them in the hands of the public  which  i can understand, why   but  for the ones that are in the hobby  and like to fix their own equipment. or cant afford to sent it to a dealer and pay them to fix it.  it Frustrating .   but is what it is   all i want to know is where the  power is supposed to come from  i dont want to spend  300 for a new  gimbal   if  thats not the issue   spending a bunch  of money just buying parts and hoping it works out  is  costly too.  and this  for that money i can invest in a new one.    and this one will just sit,   and thats a hard call  cause it flys just fine.  so i get it  yall dont want to give any advice  except   "send it in to us so we can charge you money to tell you  yup its broke  and  on top of the money i have to spend to send it there  these are the parts you are gonna need "  but its  cool  ill eventually  figure something out    thanks for your time.  
2018-11-27
Use props
Silverado82481
lvl.1

United States

Silverado82481 Posted at 11-27 08:42
the warranty is already expired so that dosent even matter.     lol  you kind of are forcing our hand,    well DJI  is.  there are schematics somewhere, its jsut that DJI  does not want them in the hands of the public  which  i can understand, why   but  for the ones that are in the hobby  and like to fix their own equipment. or cant afford to sent it to a dealer and pay them to fix it.  it Frustrating .   but is what it is   all i want to know is where the  power is supposed to come from  i dont want to spend  300 for a new  gimbal   if  thats not the issue   spending a bunch  of money just buying parts and hoping it works out  is  costly too.  and this  for that money i can invest in a new one.    and this one will just sit,   and thats a hard call  cause it flys just fine.  so i get it  yall dont want to give any advice  except   "send it in to us so we can charge you money to tell you  yup its broke  and  on top of the money i have to spend to send it there  these are the parts you are gonna need "  but its  cool  ill eventually  figure something out    thanks for your time.

lol   CRICKETS ........................ so the answer is we will not do nothing  send us your drone so we can charge you a lot of money   ???????   
2018-12-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Silverado82481 Posted at 12-2 21:13
lol   CRICKETS ........................ so the answer is we will not do nothing  send us your drone so we can charge you a lot of money   ???????

You are welcome to find another repair centre and take it to them. But DJI will not give that recommendation, understandably.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules