11144 150 2018-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Glen Posted at 12-1 08:44
The weather here has closed in, no chance of flying at the moment. When it breaks I will go and try flying with just RC & Goggles, no Go 4 app. Perhaps taking out the app we will get the expected ranges again.

My friend emailed Heliguy a very good dealer here in the UK, they deal with Broadcast Production Companies, the Police departments & Fire & Rescue teams. They said the range should be between 5000m to 7000m

Hi Glen, did you have any luck?
2018-12-3
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

djiuser_2e4tq4Rtacoz Posted at 11-30 01:14
Part 2:

So if I force the frequency/channel to a fixed setting after initial RC connection to the M2 BEFORE turning on the goggles and the start the goggles, the goggles appear to be “told” during the M2 handshake that the coms are fixed (M2 can’t change) and everything works great. I flew well over 2 miles from home point without any problems.

Which frequency/channel did you fix it to when you tried this workaround?
2018-12-3
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

brewsky Posted at 12-3 19:57
Which frequency/channel did you fix it to when you tried this workaround?

2.4 GHz.  Let us know how you go.
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Same problems here, haven't tried to fly with only the goggles and the rc without the iPhone / Go 4 app connected yet, still, we want to fly with automatic Dual Band, Rc+Go 4 App and the Goggles RE all in the same time, that's the whole point of Occusync 2 and what we paid for...

Happily it seems that Occusync is mostly SDR and thus a simple firmware update can fix problem on a very low level, including very probable protocol mistakes on the current FW.
2018-12-4
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

ygor Posted at 12-4 08:44
Same problems here, haven't tried to fly with only the goggles and the rc without the iPhone / Go 4 app connected yet, still, we want to fly with automatic Dual Band, Rc+Go 4 App and the Goggles RE all in the same time, that's the whole point of Occusync 2 and what we paid for...

Happily it seems that Occusync is mostly SDR and thus a simple firmware update can fix problem on a very low level, including very probable protocol mistakes on the current FW.

I hope that it’s a case of firmware issues.  Unfortunately I’m an Electronic Engineer, and I’m greatly concerned that it’s a hardware issue.
2018-12-4
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I contacted support via email. At first I was asked about updating firmware, etc. I just flat out said I wanted to return them and referenced the many threads on the range issue and that no updates have resolved the issue in several months.
They promptly set up a return with a UPS label emailed to me, no further troubleshooting was asked from me.
Maybe if they get enough of them returned it'll ring a bell somewhere.
2018-12-4
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

04in719 Posted at 12-4 21:54
I contacted support via email. At first I was asked about updating firmware, etc. I just flat out said I wanted to return them and referenced the many threads on the range issue and that no updates have resolved the issue in several months.
They promptly set up a return with a UPS label emailed to me, no further troubleshooting was asked from me.

It’s good to know that a return is viable.
2018-12-4
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft
United Kingdom

UNsyncED Posted at 12-2 18:29
That’s right Glen, the range should be 5000 to 7000 meters. Even with the transmission fixed to 2.4 GHz, you’re lucky to get 1000 meters.

No I'm afraid not, we will never get 5km or 7km with the Goggles RE we come under (CE) for Europe which has been restricted to 2.4 Ghz 4 km and 5.8 Ghz 0.7 km see picture:
2018-12-5
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here's the specs for RC
2018-12-5
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 12-5 09:27
No I'm afraid not, we will never get 5km or 7km with the Goggles RE we come under (CE) for Europe which has been restricted to 2.4 Ghz 4 km and 5.8 Ghz 0.7 km see picture:
[view_image]

Wow, I can't believe how heavily restricted your use of the Drone and Goggles are.  Maybe a good reason to be looking forward to the Brexit?!
2018-12-5
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 11-27 17:11
Add me to the list as well!!!! I’ve been very vocal , and so has UNsyncED, on all the other threads, including the one I started .(And there are a lot of threads) Nothing has been done about it and I have to discourage anyone contemplating purchasing the Goggles RE for the MP2 or Zoom to reconsider. Read through the threads first . INEXCUSABLE to PAY that much for something without any customer support. DO NOT BUY THE GOGGLES UNTIL THEY FIX IT!!!!

According to 04in479, DJI are willing to give a refund on this issue.  Seems like it’s a hardware issue. Would you seek a refund?
2018-12-6
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
United Kingdom

UNsyncED Posted at 12-5 14:45
Wow, I can't believe how heavily restricted your use of the Drone and Goggles are.  Maybe a good reason to be looking forward to the Brexit?!

There's more than one way too skin a cat
2018-12-7
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Glen Posted at 12-7 09:55
There's more than one way too skin a cat

I like your style Glen.
2018-12-7
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Why are The a DJI moderators quiet on this topic?!
2018-12-7
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

04in719 Posted at 12-4 21:54
I contacted support via email. At first I was asked about updating firmware, etc. I just flat out said I wanted to return them and referenced the many threads on the range issue and that no updates have resolved the issue in several months.

I just initiated the return procedure for my Mavic 2 Zoom and Goggles RE. I had contacted support, uploaded all the log files and after a day of silence asked for a return/refund. Had to get the request in before my 7 days after delivery time was up. Support apologized and asked for address info. Still waiting for the return instructions.
2018-12-8
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DanW55 Posted at 12-8 08:14
I just initiated the return procedure for my Mavic 2 Zoom and Goggles RE. I had contacted support, uploaded all the log files and after a day of silence asked for a return/refund. Had to get the request in before my 7 days after delivery time was up. Support apologized and asked for address info. Still waiting for the return instructions.

In Australia, our consumer laws protect us for more than a 7 day period.  As long as we can show that we've been waiting for a solution, we are covered by law.  I've had my drone for at least 2 months, but DJI would be force by consumer law to give me a refund.
2018-12-9
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

I’m torn with these things. I’ve been experimenting in different locations using them because I can’t return mine. Use them near my home and they’re useless after 1000ft. Used them today and they worked flawlessly at over a mile away. Seems , for me , location is definitely a factor. For instance, today , there was absolutely nothing between me and the UAV for as far as the eye could see. I’ve been using the antenna exclusively as every where it has helped. Going to try in more “unopened areas and report back.
2018-12-9
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 12-9 17:32
I’m torn with these things. I’ve been experimenting in different locations using them because I can’t return mine. Use them near my home and they’re useless after 1000ft. Used them today and they worked flawlessly at over a mile away. Seems , for me , location is definitely a factor. For instance, today , there was absolutely nothing between me and the UAV for as far as the eye could see. I’ve been using the antenna exclusively as every where it has helped. Going to try in more “unopened areas and report back.

But why should you be force to only fly in big open spaces?
2018-12-11
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 12-11 03:53
But why should you be force to only fly in big open spaces?

We shouldn’t be, I agree with you 100%.
2018-12-11
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Rfern Posted at 12-11 08:02
We shouldn’t be, I agree with you 100%.

DJI, please give us an indication when this issue will be resolved. Thanks.
2018-12-12
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 12-12 00:00
DJI, please give us an indication when this issue will be resolved. Thanks.

Hi DJI, what is happening with this issue?
2018-12-12
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 12-12 19:08
Hi DJI, what is happening with this issue?

Hi DJI, can I please have an update? Thanks.
2018-12-14
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glen Posted at 12-1 08:44
The weather here has closed in, no chance of flying at the moment. When it breaks I will go and try flying with just RC & Goggles, no Go 4 app. Perhaps taking out the app we will get the expected ranges again.

My friend emailed Heliguy a very good dealer here in the UK, they deal with Broadcast Production Companies, the Police departments & Fire & Rescue teams. They said the range should be between 5000m to 7000m

You probably have to start Go4 at least once after the AC is powered up and connected. Otherwise the AC will limit the range to beginner mode. You can the remove the smart phone and start up the goggles and fly that way. I have not tried if this fixes the connection issue. If you do, please let us know.
2018-12-14
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 12-14 23:01
Hi DJI, can I please have an update? Thanks.

Hi DJI, can I please have an update. Thanks.
2018-12-17
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 12-17 02:01
Hi DJI, can I please have an update. Thanks.

Hi DJI, can I please have an update. Have the R&D team confirmed that this is an issue, and what is the timeline of mixing the issue? If you told me that it would be 2 months id be happy, all I want to know is the timeline.its the unknowing which is annoying.
2018-12-19
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Hey @DJI, still waiting for an update on this issue too!!
2018-12-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

ygor Posted at 12-20 19:33
Hey @DJI, still waiting for an update on this issue too!!

DJI please give us a timeline of when this issue will be resolved. Thanks
2018-12-21
Use props
DavidV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101496 ft
United States

Ok, I was thinking seriously about getting a pair of the White goggles, but now after reading all this, I'm not so sure now. I have a Mavic 2 zoom, has the issues been fixed ? Or do I just need to make sure I buy the correct pair?
2018-12-22
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DavidV Posted at 12-22 09:37
Ok, I was thinking seriously about getting a pair of the White goggles, but now after reading all this, I'm not so sure now. I have a Mavic 2 zoom, has the issues been fixed ? Or do I just need to make sure I buy the correct pair?

Unfortunately this situation hasn’t been fixed. I can’t recommend purchasing the Goggles while this issue hasnt been resolved.
2018-12-22
Use props
untitledshot
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Should we consider the item faulty then?
2018-12-22
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

untitledshot Posted at 12-22 18:44

If they need to do a product recall of the M2, they need to tell us. We know that it’s not the Goggles RE because they work correctly on all other devices.
2018-12-22
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

untitledshot Posted at 12-22 18:44

Were still waiting on a response form DJI
2018-12-25
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have some brand new DJI RE googles, I haven't really ever used them but once i think, they were awkward  to wear i guess. Anyway, they are suppose to work with the M2P/Z? And they don't? What gives?
2018-12-25
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Droning 24/7 Posted at 12-25 20:26
I have some brand new DJI RE googles, I haven't really ever used them but once i think, they were awkward  to wear i guess. Anyway, they are suppose to work with the M2P/Z? And they don't? What gives?

False advertising. What’s worse is that DJI sells a combination package of M2 and Goggles RE.
2018-12-25
Use props
Droning 24/7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 12-25 21:19
False advertising. What’s worse is that DJI sells a combination package of M2 and Goggles RE.

Hmmm, when I used mine, it was with a one of my MPP's I think, didn't go far, just used it in the back yard or in the house. Seemed to work ok, maybe I should try them with my M2's.....

Do you have a specific thing that DJI claimed (in writing) they, the M2's and RE's, should be able to  do together and that you found they don't?
2018-12-26
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Droning 24/7 Posted at 12-26 08:04
Hmmm, when I used mine, it was with a one of my MPP's I think, didn't go far, just used it in the back yard or in the house. Seemed to work ok, maybe I should try them with my M2's.....

The Goggles RE and the MPP should work really well together, and has a good history of working well together.

However the Goggles RE and M2 series do not work correctly (only work in short range and then everything crashes/freezes).
DJI in their Launch video boasted about how they worked seemlessly, and have stated in their specifications, “Dual Band” transmission, i.e. can transmit on both 2.4 and 5.8Ghz at the same time, to both the RC and Goggles RE.
2018-12-26
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 12-26 12:50
The Goggles RE and the MPP should work really well together, and has a good history of working well together.

However the Goggles RE and M2 series do not work correctly (only work in short range and then everything crashes/freezes).

Hi DJI, can we please have an update on this issue.

Can you please also supply me an address for the Australian distributor.

Thanks.
2018-12-27
Use props
Starhopper
lvl.1
United States

I just discovered that I also have this issue with my M2 Pro and Goggles RE. Scary as heck when I lost contact with my M2 about 500 ft away! Everything works fine without the goggles on.
Hey DJI, you need to give your customers some sort of acknowledgment of this issue. Then a promise to fix it with estimated timing. Soon! Otherwise I will be returning my M2 Pro and Goggles RE.
2018-12-30
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 11-26 19:01
What problem are you having? I'm looking to purchase The MP2/zoom
haven't decided which one yet.

Mine are for sale if you're interested.
2018-12-30